Deck 6 Promenade or Deck 2 Oceanview

I would take the promanade,why,because there is always something going on at the promanade,such as the parade and people watching.So you can amuse yourself.The only thing with the promanade room is that when you come out of the shower make sure the curtains are pulled.

You're decision. I'd go with the deck 2, oceanview. I'd rather see the ocean than the shopping/restaurant area. And I don't like the fact that people shopping can see INTO my cabin. If I forget to close the curtains, I could have a very embarrassing episode!

I would take the promanade,why,because there is always something going on at the promanade,such as the parade and people watching.So you can amuse yourself.The only thing with the promanade room is that when you come out of the shower make sure the curtains are pulled.

Better to make sure the curtains are pulled before you go into the shower. :D

make sure you aren't over one of the noisier establishments where you will hear music till early in the morning. People watching from the Promenade cabin ( if you stay there for very long) is great. The window seat is neat. If you prefer watching the ocean...which would be from your bed, which is difficult to me, go for the OV. You will enjoy your cruise no matter what!

I would, and have, gone for the ocean view on deck 2. It is a very quiet deck and there is no issue with getting on the elevators as they are empty when they get down there. I like looking out the window and seeing the outside and the ocean. Best of all Freedom uses deck 1 for gangways and tendering at ports of call. When you return to the ship from port you can walk by the line of people waiting for elevators, walk up one flight of stairs and you are home.

I just had an oceanview deck 2 aft section cabin on FOS. I loved the location! I just had to climb up one flight of stairs to get to the dining room. One flight down and we were at the gangways and tendering stations. The elevators always arrived empty.

The natural light from the window was great too. The deck was very quite. I did a western cruise and waking up at labadee and seeing columbus cove out of the window was awesome!

I was having the same delimma back when I booked my Freedom cruise for next year. The deciding factor came down to price....Deck 2 oceanviews are 180.00 per person more than what I booked my deck 8 PR cabin for. 360.00 will buy me lots of drinks :)

For the same price, no DOUBT would I take the deck 2 oceanview. Especially since I found out that the deck 2 windows are actually windows and not portholes on the Freedom!

I understand fully that someone across the way can see in my deck 8 cabin but will "shoppers" really be able to see in from the Promenade? Deck 8 seems high enough to avoid that I would think?

I would, and have, gone for the ocean view on deck 2. It is a very quiet deck and there is no issue with getting on the elevators as they are empty when they get down there. I like looking out the window and seeing the outside and the ocean. Best of all Freedom uses deck 1 for gangways and tendering at ports of call. When you return to the ship from port you can walk by the line of people waiting for elevators, walk up one flight of stairs and you are home.

I agree 100%. This is where I always book. On Radiance class, I typically have booked on deck 3 because there are few guest cabins on deck 2. But like you, I'm a "basement dweller"!!

I agree 100%. This is where I always book. On Radiance class, I typically have booked on deck 3 because there are few guest cabins on deck 2. But like you, I'm a "basement dweller"!!

Just some info for you.... on the Radiance class ships stick with deck 3 as the cabins on deck 2 have small portholes not the large round windows as on deck 3. I made this mistake once and won't do it again.

I would do the OV. Why you ask? Well if there are upgrades and you are luck enough to get one in an OV the next cat. is a balcony. The promanade is an inside room. I know it is a long shot but all things considered you never know what might happen.:)

Thanks for the feedback...I just booked an oceanview! That was a good point about the upgrades, we are Diamond, almost Diamond Plus, if there are upgrades that would be a Balcony! Didn't think of that!

Archived