Just Received Info on Insignia Generators

doubledobles

We just received a letter from Oceania regarding the generators and their reconditioning which will affect our upcoming trip from Copenhagen to London (6/23).

It states, "Insignia has four generators and it was determined that two of them should be reconditioned. This is a proces that does not require dry docking but is labor intensive and time consuming. Other than a minor impact on cruising speed, it does not hamper Guests and Crew Safety, ship's operation, seaworthiness or the safety of Insignia etc., etc." It goes on to say that "the work is progressing on schedule and will be completed by late September. Insignia's itineraries have been revised, where necessary, taking into account the reduced speeds."

"As it pertains to the Insignia 6/23 sailing where calls on Geiranger, Hellesylt and Stavanger were dropped we have been able to reconfigure the times and speed and are in the process of reinstating Geiranger & Hellesylt to the itinerary. "

"Guests that purchased shore excursions on the affected ports of call will be automatically reinstated or refunded."

I've provided this information so everyone has the official word from the source. Hope this helps.

Doubledobles, Thanks for the info, my wife and I are booked on this cruise also.

Does your quote "As it pertains to the Insignia 6/23 sailing where calls on Geiranger, Hellesylt and Stavanger were dropped we have been able to reconfigure the times and speed and are in the process of reinstating Geiranger & Hellesylt to the itinerary. "mean that Geiranger & Hellesylt will be reinstated for this cruise!

Having done this cruise last year, I know how charming Stavanger was ... I'm glad to hear that Hellsylt/Geiranger are back, but I'd much rather sacrifice Kristiansand for Stavanger!

I know that O uses Kristiansand a lot on the nordic itineraries and I'm sure they have a good reason for doing so ... it's not just a place I want to go to all the time! But I'd never object to repeated visits to Stavanger ...

Mura

We are new to these Boards,but frequent cruisers. We are on the 6/23 Insignia.We wrote to Oceania that dropping Geiranger and Hellesylt was like a west coast cruise dropping San Francisco for Morro Bay.( sorry Morro Bay) We are thrilled they changed it to again include them.

Hope we meet some of you

I would prefer it it they kept Morro Bay and Santa Fe

Dropped Marina Del Rey and Cape May

Crossed over the next day

to Ile de la paix

While the band did play

anchors aweigh!

I would prefer it it they kept Morro Bay and Santa Fe

Dropped Marina Del Rey and Cape May

Crossed over the next day

to Ile de la paix

While the band did play

anchors aweigh!

• 4 weeks later...
JimandStan, I'm sorry you were so young in the 60s! I spent my preteens and teens in the '60s; it was awesome dude! c

Don't you mean it was groovy, man?

I'm not sure I ever used "groovy", but "gnarly" remains one of my favs! BTW, I just returned from a b2b on Insignia and didn't notice any problems. Yes, we powered through the water a little slower but it got me to the ports I wanted to get to and we had a wonderful time. Captain Ressa is the new father of a little boy and will take Marina's helm in July. I demanded to be shown pictures and he obliged the next day when he saw me by the pool. What a lovely man; Marina passengers rejoice! c

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply he was "better" than any other captain, I was merely passing on the info that Capt Ressa was going to become captain of Marina in July. I would imagine that the bridge is some place that is rotated among the captains of the fleet. I think he is a very nice man who is highly professional and well trained and I have no idea when in July he takes the helm nor how long he will be Master of the Marina.

Hi!

We have sailed with Captain Resa. It was a joy meeting him! My husband and I had dinner with him and also spent time with him at teatime. He is a people person and enjoys spending time with the passengers.

We will be sailing on the Marina in July and look forward to seeing him again.

Rhea

Archived