difference between Voyager and Mariner

I know there are the same class of ship. Are the layed out differently? Can buy perscrition drugs there with no script? Thanks

The ships are almost identical. Some venues are different: where Voyager has the sports bar off the promenade, Mariner has the Vintages wine bar. Voyager has only the Portofino specialty restaurant, Mariner has Portofino and Chops. The kiddie pool area aft on Voyager is gone on Mariner.

The balconies are different also. Voyager has the steel cave type enclosure, Mariner has the more open clear plexiglass enclosure.

Here's a website that has the details: http://www.voyager-class.com/

Mariner is nicer because it is the newer ship but got moved out of Florida to west coast and was going thru Mexico now over in the Med I think. Explorer is out of Bayonne right now just got off 2 mths ago N going back in Dec for a 12 day but as far as layout being newer there are a few differences the biggest I think is that the Mariner has Chops and Portofinos while Explorer has only Portofinos.

Food- As far as the speciality Mariner was better by choice and service on this past cruise at Portofinos was bad, the dining room food much better on the Explorer as I found the last 2 times on the Mariner the food was very bland. This past cruise on the Explorer was excellent and very flavorful which was a pleasant surprise because the avg age on the cruise was 64 per the marketing director on our 14 day cruise so I was afraid knowing that there would be less spice options.

As far as the drug question I have never tried to obtain any prescription drugs on a ship, saying that if you went to the DR they should be able upon a visit issue certain drugs if needed, don't look at your bill. I am very active playing ball and I know one of the guys got a fractured finger and the visit was very costly.

I will be a Diamond after the next cruise and have been on many different lines before going now exclusively on RCL so I consider myself someone who can make a strong endorsement for both ships but if you can avoid airfare by using the Explorer it makes sense to do so, but I would go on the Mariner again without hesitation I just may eat more at Chops

I know there are the same class of ship. Are the layed out differently? Can buy perscrition drugs there with no script? Thanks

Your question about prescription drugs is very strange.

The layout of the two ships is the same, but there are some changes on the Royal Promenade:

On the Voyager, there are permanent stools that stick out from the Café Promenade. They changed that on every Voyager class ship after that. Now there are moveable tables and chairs.

On the Mariner, there is a Vintages wine bar where the Sports Bar is on Voyager.

On Deck 11, in the front of the Windjammer, Chops is on the right and Portofino is on the left, with the entrances right there, as opposed to Voyager where the entrance to Portofino is sort of around the corner before you enter the WJ.

On Voyager, the balconies are built into the hull, and are mostly metal. On Mariner, the balconies are exterior to the hull and are mostly plexiglas.

Those are the primary differences, beyond the obvious differences that age brings.

Archived