Stateroom ice now "on request"

Just off Navigator 4/28-5/2. Upon arrival in our stateroom, we had no ice bucket nor glasses. (We did have glasses in the bathroom). After meeting our stateroom attendant, she gave us a pop-up card that states "ice is now upon request." She asked if we like ice in our room, and we said yes. After that, the ice bucket was delivered and kept stocked for the remainder of the cruise. I suppose this is a good idea, and prevents waste and unnecessary workload for the attendants. If you don't want ice, great....they don't have to bother. If you do, they'll bring it for you! She said this just started 2 cruises ago.

Thanks for the heads up on the ice. We like lots of ice and tell our cabin attendant when we meet him. I don't know why they can't have ice machines like they do in hotels. That would be nice. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the ice. We like lots of ice and tell our cabin attendant when we meet him. I don't know why they can't have ice machines like they do in hotels. That would be nice. :)

It's unsanitary and a breeding ground for germs.

That's the reason.

"Do you mean that hotel ice machines are unsanitary and a breeding ground for germs?????"

YES.

Just about the first thing that goes in my suitcase is a canvas six-pack thermo bag.

Just about the first thing out of my mouth after meeting the room steward is to tell them it will be in the shower (it sweats) and to fill it with ice every day.

Tucker in Texas

I'm sure some people will complain about this, but I think it's great. We never use the ice (and I'm sure we're not the only ones) so this policy will certainly cut down on waste.

I Love my ice!!! I usually have to place a sticky note on the mirror requesting MORE ice.

I can see this is a good policy for people that don't use ice. Makes sense.

I use the ice. I put ice in all my drinks! :D I will be sure to let my cabin steward know we like to keep the ice bucket full. At home, I even put ice in my milk! :eek: I know, it's a weird thing to do. Anyone else out there put ice in their milk? My brother does too! :D :eek: :D

At home, I even put ice in my milk! :eek: I know, it's a weird thing to do. Anyone else out there put ice in their milk? My brother does too! :D :eek: :D

lol...I also put ice in my milk. My milk has to be very cold for me to drink, so much so that when I order it out I always ask them not to pour it or bring it before my meal.

I always keep a few sodas on ice, so I would request it.

I'm sure some people will complain about this, but I think it's great. We never use the ice (and I'm sure we're not the only ones) so this policy will certainly cut down on waste.

Super!!!

We never use the ice and put the bucket & tray away when we arrive in the cabin, so we have more room.

NOW.............if only they would have a stocked fridge on Request!!!:D

We don't use anything in the fridge and that would save them a work load too and then they would not be entering your cabin to check your unused fridge all the time!!!

What type of noise does melting ice make?:confused:

On our last cruise the ice was so loud I couldn't sleep at night!!! I complained to Guest Services and as usual they did nothing for me... they didn't even offer to refund my money back for our cruise. I guess I'm done with RCI! ;)

Apparently the message about ice deliveries being limited to "on request only" hadn't yet reached the Explorer as of last week when we got twice a day deliveries without having to formally request them. I use the melted ice water to wash down my daily medications, but if it ends up that we have to specifically request ice in our stateroom, I am confident we will be able to adjust and this grievous imposition:rolleyes: will not deter us from future sailings on RCI ships.:D My wife regularly requests extra pillows and towels, so if we have to add ice to the list, we can handle it.:)

Archived