Tripit?

Royal Caribbean is listed as a company that participates with Tripit. So why am I having so much trouble?

I get a basically blank itinerary. No dates, no locations, it just knows I have an upcoming trip with RCI.

The email I have from my travel agent has a scanned document attached, with my actual itinerary.

I called C&A Society today and asked them to send me my itinerary, but they just said "it's available online" and "I'm sorry, we don't do that."

Any advice, other than manually entering the cruise info? Thanks in advance!

Royal Caribbean is listed as a company that participates with Tripit. So why am I having so much trouble?

I get a basically blank itinerary. No dates, no locations, it just knows I have an upcoming trip with RCI.

The email I have from my travel agent has a scanned document attached, with my actual itinerary.

I called C&A Society today and asked them to send me my itinerary, but they just said "it's available online" and "I'm sorry, we don't do that."

Any advice, other than manually entering the cruise info? Thanks in advance!

I am sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Could you "translate"?

I am sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Could you "translate"?

If I translate, it probably means you can't help ;)

Tripit is an app for iphone/etc. You get a free account, and forward all your emails with trip confirmations to them (or let them check your email). Then all the details about your trips are held in one spot.

My flights and hotel info transferred easily. Not my cruise info. I want help getting the cruise info in a format it will recognize, so I don't have to type my 14 day itinerary manually.

magenta321 - Works great for me, including confirmation number, cabin number, arrival and departure times for each port of call, etc. I didn't use a TA. I just forwarded the .pdf itinerary that RCI sent to me.

Merion_Mom - TripIt! is a great online service for tracking all of your travel plans. You just forward almost any itinerary (plane, hotel, even cruise :D) to plans@tripit.com. They extract all of the key info and organize things with similar dates into a single trip. They also add things like maps and weather reports.

They have smart phone apps that let you easily review any of the info. I no longer carry any paper confirmations, although it doesn't store the info on your phone...it retrieves it from the internet. If you don't have cell or wifi access, no data. For my upcoming cruise in June, my flights, pre-cruise hotel, and cruise details are all organized together in one place. It's brilliant for anyone who travels regularly.

My TA didn't send a .pdf... wonder if I used the wrong words when I called C&A today.

TA had a page that had obviously been printed, and then was scanned, and emailed to me. Not sure how to get the .pdf :/

My TA didn't send a .pdf... wonder if I used the wrong words when I called C&A today.

TA had a page that had obviously been printed, and then was scanned, and emailed to me. Not sure how to get the .pdf :/

My confirmations ALWAYS come in the form of a .pdf

Not sure why yours isn't in this format.

Some oddities from my booking:

I can log in to RC website and see my booking. I have been charged my deposit. But when I am logged into RC website and I try to see excursions, wine package, specialty restaurant, etc. it says I have to make a payment before I can see these things.

On the printed then scanned booking I have from my TA, it has the word "group" hand written at the top.

I did book with a large TA associated with this board, and got an OBC and free dinner in a specialty restaurant. Is that why my booking is not like other people's?

I have not been able to register for our M&M either.

Recently I used a popular online travel agent for the first time and never got the typical pdf reservations I usually get sent to me.

When I called the travel agent she told me that I should be able to get it online. While I was on the phone with her, I went through the few steps and was not able to get it online like she said. She said she would have to call management to see how I could get it.

I really wanted the pdf confirmation so that I could see that the payments I made were given to RCCL. I finally did get it, but it was not in pdf form, it was just scanned. To me, this is one of the few positives of booking directly with RCCL, but I did enjoy the complimentary gratuities and dinner.:)

I can log in to RC website and see my booking. I have been charged my deposit. But when I am logged into RC website and I try to see excursions, wine package, specialty restaurant, etc. it says I have to make a payment before I can see these things.

On the printed then scanned booking I have from my TA, it has the word "group" hand written at the top.

I did book with a large TA associated with this board, and got an OBC and free dinner in a specialty restaurant. Is that why my booking is not like other people's?

Your TA has given you a "group" booking number which means you are getting some additional perks.

You need to have your TA get you a Confirmation Invoice from RCI with their booking number for you. Once you have that you can use your Tripit and register for M&M.

Most likely booking with the travel agent is causing the problem. They probably put you in a group to get you a special rate.

When I booked through the popular online travel agent they did not put me in a special group rate and I was able to book all of my excursions and special dinners online through the RCCL website. I was also able to register with M&M.

Just call the TA, they should be able to help you fix the problem.

I used TripIt for my last cruise in January. Every confirmation from the cruise to hotels to cars was uploaded/inputting in their system via the emailed confirmations. It did take me a little while to make sure everything was as it should have been, but after playing around with it on the iPhone and their online site, everything worked out.

I haven't had any luck with that either. I wonder if tripit only accepts the booking confirmations you get when you book directly with RCI, and I assume they send you a confirmation. Maybe next time you could dry booking online and then transferring the booking to your TA after you get a confirmation tripit will accept. I hope this makes sense.

Roy

I"ve used tripit over the past year for everything but can't seem to get it to recognize my .pdf confirmation for my upcoming cruise either. Will go and try again in a sec but mostly no luck... Must be hit or miss.

• 5 weeks later...

The PDF you get is the same whether it's booked direct or from an agency. Even if the agency booked you as a part of a group you can still request an individual confirmation in PDF format from them. All they have to do is call RCCL or login and request it to be emailed or faxed.

Mike

Archived