BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

From the bridge cam...Looks like they are are just coming up to the heads at Sydney

Didn't dock until 9am. Bit tricky for those with early flights. As I depart on todays circumnavigation cruise I recieved a text from Princess advising of a staggered check in between 1pm and 3pm. As I'm only 10 mins away I'll stay home until 2pm! Princess advise that it will still be a 4 pm departure !!?? Regards, Jaffle

Welcome home everyone and thank you to the bloggers for keeping us informed about what was happening onboard and what you got up to after we disembarked in Dover. Looking forward to catching up with some of you on the 49 day South American cruise in January 2013.

Tina & Trevor

Hi all.. yes we at home now ... trying to get use to it....

it was a great trip and can't believe that it is all over... yes it was 604 days ago that we first started planning the cruise...

still have some blogging to do for it..

that picture that stu put up of the back of the ship... we were over on the righthand side as you look at the picture... you can just make out the dark bit which is the flag...

those bergen shots are interesting as more than likely garry and I would be 2 of those people out the front taking movies and pics in the cold

it was a cold windy sail in this morning but beautiful.... they even had champagne for us.... I would have to say the minute that we passed the opera house and the captain blew the horn 3 times to announce our arrival... it brought tears to my eyes.... "hello everyone we are home"

I was just flicking back at the pages.... looking at stu's photos of us leaving apia.... did anyone notice how at the beginning there was only sea infront.... then there was land... that is when we turned back.....

Welcome home Joanne! I saw her berthed at Wharf 5 flying over this afternoon.

How bizarre is this. I was up in Port Macquarie today for work, and at the airport on the way back I heard this couple say to their friends "I'm exhausted" and the friend said "How can you be exhausted....you've just been on a 104 day world cruise" LOL They'd just got off the flight I was getting on. Of course, I butted in and said I'd been following blogs of the cruise and asked them how it was. His response was "it went well on 3 engines" hahahahahaha

hee hee hee..... booked more cruises.... we have two in the pipeline... maybe...

That's the way to do it. We are leaving next week but have two more booked. I generaly don't mind coming home, as I always have a countdown to something.

Watched the sail in at 8.30 this morning and it was lovely. Brought back memories of the sail ins we have had. I have enjoyed the blogs for the last two years of the world cruises.

Rosie

Thank you to all the bloggers on this World Cruise.

I have so enjoyed all your tales and loved the photos. I have even managed to get my husband into the CC site as I caught him reading your blogs as well.

Its going to be so hard to get back to the same old same old unless of course you have another in the pipeline to look forward to.

Thanks again for taking the time to share with us.

Welcome home World Cruisers.

I too have been enthralled with the blogs, and travelled with you 'in spirit'. It has served to increase our anticipation of the World Cruise next year...250 days to go, and counting!! :) Glad you had a great time !!!

I have an idea , how about you do it all again next year with us !!!!:D

Cheers

Steve

Norm and Marian sent this link from Panama.... it is in another language but it you click on the pictures under the ship picture you will get a slide show under each....

http://visitpanama.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=800:panamá-y-yo-en-el-fuerte-san-lorenzo-agosto-11-2011&Itemid=519&lang=en

Many thanks to our friend Manuela

for compiling the above video

of all the Ports of Call from the World Cruise.

Once again Welcome Home to all the Worldies,

and thanks also to everyone who has posted ,

and followed the 2011 Dawn Princess World Cruise...

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 694

User Name Posts

Kiwi_cruiser 125

Kiwi Kruzer 123

Sandielle 98

MMDown Under 44

Gold Coast Cruisers 40

Raison 38

packetau 31

NSWP 26

bazzaw 17

Australian family 16

purpledragon 16

Aussiemin 7

kent05 7

PRINCESS OZ 7

aussietravellers 5

l2luv2cruise 5

Johhno 5

Debsta 5

CassCruise 4

kiwipete 4

lizzy77 4

thied 4

randwick 3

Remroda 3

Billy and Charlie's Mum 3

billco 3

megsie 3

Kinkacruiser 3

stevedonna 2

cruisenum7 2

joankiara 2

SY7DNEY CRUISER 2

erewhon 2

Witchymob 2

barnsey1802 2

badgerbill 2

tompaddyelle 2

joll 1

Bescotti 1

Kiwicruiser25 1

Rassa 1

onedaylft 1

staceymrow 1

Seadreams27 1

bronte2 1

sufferingx 1

isajack 1

Thorpe 1

kuldalai 1

Stuartm 1

am1984 1

JAFFLE 1

bluealieness 1

KirkNC 1

MargoK 1

Shiprobbo 1

Scurvy Dog 1

The Fox 1

icat2000 1

Bookish Angel 1

G.M.T. 1

Ausjackaroo 1

greatisland 1

EdnBev 1

hee hee hee..... booked more cruises.... we have two in the pipeline... maybe...

Hi Jo & Gaz...welcome back.Loved your blog ...it was fantastic.We followed you daily and some of the places you visied looked magnificient.Looks like princess cruise really made it special for all onboard.....looked like a lot of fun.

Gee more cruises being considered already......you really like the sea.I remember May 09 when you went on your first cruise.

Its a great addiction...we have 3 booked .one to tassie in dec on sea princess ,around austraia in feb 2012 and NZ in nov.2012.

Great to know your home safe and sound and booking more cruise

Col & Di

Manuela thankyou for that slide show.... when I realised what it was I just watched with my mouth open.. thinking "my god we did all of that"

I need to go back and read my blog....... I am just writing the last few entries....

then maybe start thinking about the next one...

Pacific Rim is on the cards!!

Joanne

Archived