Tivoli Gardens - In/Out Privileges?

We will be in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks before departing on NCL Sun and can't seem to find in any of the posts whether Tivoli Gardens has any in/out privileges. Was thinking of going in the daytime and then again at night, but don't want to pay twice to get in in they don't allow in/out privileges so will have to decide. I really don't want to get a Copenhagen Card because we aren't there long enough to make good use of it, but can anyone tell me about Tivoli and if they allow in/out within the same day. Thanks.

Danish Viking! Thanks so much for your quick response. I will definitely do that. I couldn't seem to find that information anywhere.

Great info on being able to go back to Tivoli later in the day. Be sure to go there in evening in order to enjoy the varied lighting there, the music, etc. Tivoli is a different and very exciting place in the evenings. We loved our visits there very much. Below are some of my visual examples as "proof" for the charm there in the evenings. Not to be missed!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

At Tivoli, their main gate is lighted in a spectacular and welcoming manner.:

TivoliGateNight.jpg

Tivoli looks so special at night with its famed building designs, water features, gardens, flowers, rides, people, entertainment, etc.:

TivoliJapHseLake.jpg

Part of the Copenhagen City Hall Tower can be seen with this lake view from within Tivoli.:

TivoliLakeTower.jpg

Here is one of Tivoli’s most unique buildings “showing off” with its covering of spectacular lighting. Thomas Edison would be proud!

TivoliOrientNight.jpg

Tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here we enjoyed this super energized “BIG BAND” performance, including the Duke’s famed “Night Train” sounds.:

TivoliBigBand.jpg

Danish Viking, how insane will it be at Tivoli on a Friday evening (June 10) when Teitur and Melissa Horn are the pop concert performers? That is the only night we can go because I will be jet-lagged the night before and our ship sails the night after. (My quick google search on the two make me somewhat assured that my ears will survive at least!)

Thanks so much for all the info and great pictures. We are staying at the Radisson Blu Royal (which I understand is just about across the street or within a block of it) so thought we'd go in the daytime and in the evening and now that I know for so little money we can get a return pass for later in the day, really looking forward to it!

I am going to that concert :-) to get back to the question i would say that you have to get in before 7 pm/19:00 to avoid the lines but the good thing is that it will only be crowded around the stage area.

Thanks very much for the response. I will look for you in the crowd!:D

We should def. Make a small Cruise Critic get together inside Tivoli.

As a Tivoli regular, and with your suggestion to arrive by 7 PM, my original plan to dine elsewhere to avoid what I assume is mediocre overpriced food there may be gone. Do you have any recommendations for eating inside Tivoli that are not outrageously overpriced or awful food? BTW, I am allergic to fish! (Which is why we were going to eat Indian food nearby that evening.)

• 2 weeks later...

Tivoli is so over-rated. I went with my son and of course he loved the overpriced rides and for him it was a treat. If you don't have kids- I wouldn't bother. Its a theme park. Its not a botanical garden environment. It sort of like going to Kings Dominion or Hershey Park.

@ rebeccalouiseagain

Fair enough but that is your opinion, many people comes back again and again because they love the place.

But maybe your sun should have purchased the tour pass because buying single tickets for the rides are way more expensive.

@ oceanbabe

The lights will first start to have any effect after 20:00 and probably more closer to 22:00 to sell the full effect.

@ CintiPam

Here is a list with restaurants in Tivoli

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-6574.htm

If you put the marker up on restaurants it will show the restaurants in price levels.

I would suggest Cafe Ultima for italian or Biergarden for typical german food but there are actually 3 Michelin restaurants in the garden.

I have eaten at Groften and Bryggeriet Apollo; both were very good (but not inexpensive).

Danish Viking, am I right in thinking that a few years ago you could access Bryggeriet Apollo from inside Tivoli? That's what I recall we did. But I could be mistaken as it's been a few years now.

P.S. For the record, I loved Tivoli, especially in the evening.

Ok- just so everyone is aware Tivoli Gardens is not a garden... it is an amusement park. That's it. It is behind the train station and behind walls. It is not a adult place and I was so disappointed. As I say, my son loved it.

I think it is the same disappointment I got at Knott's Berry Farm- which is not a farm and has no berries. Its a parking lot with rides. At least Tivoli has a pond.

@ cruisemom42

As to my knowledge it is still possible to enter Apollo from the inside but i have never been to that restaurant before so i won´t put my head on the block and say yes.

@ rebeccalouiseagain

Ah okay i can see your point now but i thought that people knew that is was a amusement park and not a garden per se, but then the botanical garden was probably way more interesting for you. :)

I guess the problem for me was all the hype. I am personally glad we went to Tivoli because it is great for kids. So I am glad we went but I was thinking it was going to be like Central Park in NYC or Borghese Park in Rome. So I was a bit disappointed. Its small and really just a theme park- which I thought it would be sprawling grounds with a few rides thrown in to interest the kids- like in Paris at the Jardin de Tuleries.

I was at Tivoli Gardens for the second time with my 20-year-old son a week ago Friday night (May 13), and we had a wonderful time. The Copenhagen Card covered admission into the park but not the rides - which were an extra 195 DKK pp for a multi-ride ticket. We looked at the rides, but didn't think they were worth the price of the tickets. However, I disagree that there were no gardens there. I thought the small garden areas and flowers around the lake were lovely. This was my first time seeing Tivoli at night, and it was beautiful with all of the lights. There was a rock concert on the main stage at 10 p.m., and we stayed for that. It was a wonderful ending to our Transatlantic cruise that ended in Copenhagen.

As an FYI - it's true that some credit card machines in Copenhagen require a credit card with a 4-digit PIN number, so either have one or bring cash. Naturally - the duty-free shops at the airport didn't have that requirement!

Thanks for your Tivoli help, Danish Viking and Cynthia.

I think Tivoli in the evening is magical, and I cannot imagine returning to Copenhagen without visiting there. (I was there four years ago in June with my sister; I did no rides, but I absolutely was enchanted).

I read that on the concert night there is no "illuminations" program. I assume that is some light show on the lake?

Also, if re-entry is only 15 DKK, I could go earlier on Friday, then go out to my ethnic dinner elsewhere and re-enter avoiding the concert lines perhaps?

Archived