No New England/Canada in July, August 2012?

nerysj

I have been looking for New England/Canada cruises in July, August 2012 from New York........and to date I have failed. They are shown for 2011, but not for 2012?:(

Any ideas?:confused:

I'm having the same problem. My sister, 2 cousins, and I want to go on a cruise to Canada/New England next year. We need to go in the summer since two of us are teachers, but I can't find anything on ANY cruise line before September. What's up with that? Have they just not announced the schedule yet?

I'm having the same problem. My sister, 2 cousins, and I want to go on a cruise to Canada/New England next year. We need to go in the summer since two of us are teachers, but I can't find anything on ANY cruise line before September. What's up with that? Have they just not announced the schedule yet?

Princess will be in Alaska or Europe for the Summer of 2012. If the economy is still in the toilet be prepared for a lot of last minute offers. I have just received another 2 for 1 last minute offer via email today. The only problem is you will have to sell a kidney to pay for the flight.

The only problem is you will have to sell a kidney to pay for the flight.

Try Icelandair! Much cheaper than the more popular airlines and you get to stay over in Iceland if you like. We were very happy with our flight to London.

Dare I say try Holland America. They have some earlier than Sept.

I am very disappointed as well that Princess will not be cruising in New England/Canada during July or August in 2012. I was planning a 60th birthday cruise for my husband, our grown children and their spouses and there are three teachers in the group. We will be going back to Alaska (us for the 4th time) It's not that I don't love Alaska but now I will have to pay airfare since we all live on the New England area.

I hope Princess will bring back Canada/New England and Caribbean for summer of 2013, or this cruiser will be forced to jump ship and head over to another cruise line.:rolleyes:

I hope so too! I did jump ship yesterday (after 15 Princess cruises) and booked on Celebrity. It will be the first time on Celebrity for both DH and me.

Europe is great, but as someone said, "you will have to sell a kidney to pay for the flight." So unless airfare significantly drops (fat chance) or we win big lottery winnings (better chance of being struck by lightning!!), we won't be doing Europe for at least a couple years. As I said on another thread today, I hope Princess execs get their heads out of their asses and start listening to passengers about ports and itineraries. And fast!

They did. Ships doing the Canada New England run in 2010 (remember they plan several years out), were heavily heavily discounted to fill them while Europe was commanding premiums as was Alaska in some cases. So that's where the moved ships for 2012. If the Europe market stays softer they will probably consider coming back up there for 2013 or 2014.

Traditionally, I believe that Princess used to only offer the New England "fall foliage" cruises in the fall... It's just this year that they started to offer some New England cruises in rotation with the Caribbean cruises during the summer out of New York.

I would have thought that the summer cruises from NY would have been popular for us Brits during summer break. We are VERY disappointed:(

The Caribbean Princess is sailing the British Isles next year and the Brits are disappointed. How ironic. Are you reading this Princess?:rolleyes:

Yes its true no canada /england cruises with any cruise line from new york or boston . Same problem as most on the boards, teacher in england so have to pay for high fares to go across the pond and still no cruise. We enjoyed our last new foundland/ halifax cruise with carnival, we were going to repeat it with a group of friends. So change of plan]

Yes its true no canada /england cruises with any cruise line from new york or boston . Same problem as most on the boards, teacher in england so have to pay for high fares to go across the pond and still no cruise. We enjoyed our last new foundland/ halifax cruise with carnival, we were going to repeat it with a group of friends. So change of plan]

Anybody in the UK/USA with school children or teenagers in university/teachers have no option but to travel in July/August, so I presume the market would've been wide open??

We were going to book it this year - wish we had now!:mad:

Archived