Crown & Ancor question

we are planning to go on a cruise with our son next year. This will be my and DH 4 cruise. we will then be Platinum. It's DS first cruise and he will be 18 years and 7 months old. He is still living home.

Will he be Platinum or does he start from the beginning?

If he starts from the beginning - will it be any different if he makes a cruise before he gets 18? The cruise who gets us Platinum takes place after his 18 birthday.

I am not sure if age is a factor is he is living at home, you could call the crown and anchor desk and find out. I know children in the same HH automatically get parents status.

18 and over..no longer automatically gets his parents status, regardless of where he lives...He will need to sign up for the C&A after he has completed his first cruise, and will start his own cruise history...

we are planning to go on a cruise with our son next year. This will be my and DH 4 cruise. we will then be Platinum. It's DS first cruise and he will be 18 years and 7 months old. He is still living home.

Will he be Platinum or does he start from the beginning?

If he starts from the beginning - will it be any different if he makes a cruise before he gets 18? The cruise who gets us Platinum takes place after his 18 birthday.

Do you think your son should be Platinum after his first cruise :confused:

###

Do you think your son should be Platinum after his first cruise :confused:

###

I think it's the same thing that other kids get the Diamond + status because of their parents cruising points.

It's just a question how it works, but if this gets people mad I think we skip the whole thing.

We are not living in USA so we can't get on cruises so easy that a lot of people in USA can.

Do children lose status if they have sailed too? I'm not sure i understand the OP's question.

If I've got Platinum Status and my daughter has only sailed half of those cruises with me. When she turns 18, does she revert to no status, or does she maintain status based on her actual sailings?

I would assume that as long as he is under 18, she gets Platinum priveleges (whatever that may be). But I wouldn't want her to lose status because she turned 18, does that make sense?:confused:

Do children lose status if they have sailed too? I'm not sure i understand the OP's question.

If I've got Platinum Status and my daughter has only sailed half of those cruises with me. When she turns 18, does she revert to no status, or does she maintain status based on her actual sailings?

I would assume that as long as he is under 18, she gets Platinum priveleges (whatever that may be). But I wouldn't want her to lose status because she turned 18, does that make sense?:confused:

When children turn 18, they keep whatever C&A level they had, but their points revert to only those earned by cruises they were on. So for example, they could be Platinum with only 14 points.

Just to make it more confusing, my daughter was D, on her own, and when she had her own permanent address after college, she kept that status. When she got married a few years later, her new husband automatically became D on his first cruise.

M

Well not knowing what the actual rule is and I´m not even sure there is one set in stone:confused:, but yes I think it would actually make sense to have them lose status once they turn 18 to whatever level they would be at with the cruises they have actually taken.

Well not knowing what the actual rule is and I´m not even sure there is one set in stone:confused:, but yes I think it would actually make sense to have them lose status once they turn 18 to whatever level they would be at with the cruises they have actually taken.

:cool:RCCL has no idea. Two DD. One is diamond, one is platinum. Both have been on the exact same cruises with me. Called C & A to find out why they were not both D or P. One way or the other. It was explained that he could see by their histories that they both had same cruises, but since it was credited that way, he could not change it. That was bull. Our family of four has been in the same cabin each time that my wife and I took the girls with us. It is crazy. Hard to figure their reasoning. Have cruise in 15 days. DD who is platinum is sailing with her new DH on his first cruise. Waiting to see how he will be listed. Probably P for this cruise, then have to sign up for C & A, and start as gold with 1 point:cool:That is the way it should be

Archived