"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Radio, I have loved loved loved cruising with you. It makes the 10 months to go before my cruise almost bearable.

Thanks for taking the time!!!

Thanks. . . I am scheduled for another cruise very soon. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio.. I went to your album site and see you have added some photo's today.but a password is required.. Are you going to let us in on the secret to see all your great photos and video's? We are sailing on Allure this coming Sunday and have really appreciated the pre cruise tour.. thanks.

Radio or Mark, Thanks to your review of Chankanaab Park I just booked a day full of activities for us! This kind of excursion is right up our alley and now it is going to happen, this was one port I was unsure of what to do, your pictures and review gave me the go to do more research and BAM. Thanks for your “live” threads as they are very informative!

Also made me feel MUCH more comfortable on Falmouth…………;)

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Awesome, thanks for the additional information! We are looking forward to jet skiing there! Am I right they will also serve you lunch on the beach? (Or is that another island, different place Im thinking about?)

They will serve you on the beach, however, I don't recommend it. A few people who we saw eating on the beach were swatting flies away constantly. However, in the covered dining area, which I think had some fans going above us, it was nice and no flies at all.

Radio,

I have truly enjoyed you're "Live" and all the graet pictures. I am at you're website and going to read all you're past cruises.

I have never sailed on RCI, but would like to some time. I have noticed that you have sailed on RCI, NCL, Carnival. I was wondering why you have never sailed with Princess Cruise line?

You are doing a great job, will look forward to reading all your past and upcoming cruise "live" post.

Michael

Radio,

Thanks for the "Live From" posts during your cruise. I would love to do one of those "Live From" on my future cruises but right now just cant afford the computer time and dont have a laptop. I have however posted my first post cruise review about the Freedom.

Your website is also great as well. I have now bookmarked it and I check that as well.

Keep up the great work.

Oh no! They raised the parking prices at Port Everglades??? At the beginning of May it was only $15 a day!!!

According to the Port Everglades website, it's $15 per day for a regular-sized vehicle, and $19 per day for oversized vehicles (those that exceed the standard width and/or height of a parking space).

Radio may have had an oversized vehicle.

Edited by TrishOB

They will serve you on the beach, however, I don't recommend it. A few people who we saw eating on the beach were swatting flies away constantly. However, in the covered dining area, which I think had some fans going above us, it was nice and no flies at all.

Thank you for this information, I appreciate it! :)

Hi Radio.. I went to your album site and see you have added some photo's today.but a password is required.. Are you going to let us in on the secret to see all your great photos and video's? We are sailing on Allure this coming Sunday and have really appreciated the pre cruise tour.. thanks.

Hi Gail and Ken. . .No password will be required once each Album is finished.

I need to edit all captions, sizing, and cropping. It may take a few days. Labadee should be the first one opened.

I tried to dosome of it while on the train but it is a little bumpy for typing :(

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Thanks for the "Live From" posts during your cruise. I would love to do one of those "Live From" on my future cruises but right now just cant afford the computer time and dont have a laptop. I have however posted my first post cruise review about the Freedom.

Your website is also great as well. I have now bookmarked it and I check that as well.

Keep up the great work.

You should try it. . .I just bought the $150. pkg. for 500 minutes. That gave me over 70 min per day. . . You could try a smaller pkg, and just post once per day.

You can post "LIVE" from the Internet Cafe` once per day. You only need a laptop if you want to post pics. . . If you want my help, just ask:)

Thanks for your nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio-

So was the internet speed equally good anywhere you tried it? Was it usually 1mps or better? I am trying to decide if I will post live or just get a smaller package on my Allure trip. Thanks for all your info about Allure!

F27.JPG

Your posts are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with the rest of us!

I have 2 questions...we are doing the dolphin excursion while on Cozumel...do you know if you get to enjoy the facilities before/after your dolphin time, and is it included in the hefty pricetag?

Also, kind of unrelated, but I'm curious...do you know if the the onboard Starbucks take Starbucks giftcards???

We are heading out on the June 5th Western cruise, I can't wait!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Please see my post in RED.........

F27.JPG

Your posts are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with the rest of us!

I have 2 questions...we are doing the dolphin excursion while on Cozumel...do you know if you get to enjoy the facilities before/after your dolphin time, and is it included in the hefty pricetag? I booked the Royal Dolphin Swim through the Park instead of RCCL and I was told YES, you can stay as long as you want, hours are 9-5

Also, kind of unrelated, but I'm curious...do you know if the the onboard Starbucks take Starbucks giftcards??? Again I was told by others whom have been on the Allure that YES they take the gift cards...

WOO HOO we are on the same cruise! So looking forward to it, one more day of work, Thursday then off to FLA on Friday! Will be looking forward to meeting you!

Thank you so much!!!

Mark -

Nice to have finally met you on the Allure at the M & M. We saw you at times moving around to take pictures during the week.

We did a B2B on the Allure 5/15 and 5/22 and want to clarify the dining room schedules.

The Eastern leg has the following

Sun FL

Mon Nassau

Tues at sea

Wed STT

Thurs SXM

Fri at sea (formal) (lobster night)

Sat at sea

Sun FL

Western leg

Mon at sea

Tues Labadee

Wed Falmouth

Thurs at sea (Formal) (Lobster night)

Friday Cozumel

Sat at sea

Sun FL

Some other notes

The two parades are pretty much identical. The first is held the first sea day in the morning, the second Sat at 7.45 PM.

On Radio's Western leg, the special event for Platinum and above was held in the theater and followed by a preview of Mosaic.

On the Eastern leg, the event was held in Studio B followed by an abbreviated ice skating show. We missed this and were informed by our table mates, a Pinnacle Club duo.

You really, really need to do a B2B on this ship, too much to do in one week. Nothing beats the feeling of sitting in the Schooner Bar on Sunday morning at 9:30 AM watching all the people file off and then going ashore in a group, picking up the new sea pass cards and getting back on the ship after the zero count has been reached. Plus we had a complimentary luncheon in Giovanni's.

And then our second week ended and we had to get off for good.:eek::eek:

Radio,

Seriously, one of the best live reviews ever! Had so much fun reading it as if I was on the cruise with you guys!

Well, I am counting the days down till mine that's coming up soon, I am going on the Allure on July 3rd for the western!

Anyways!

Thanks for the great live report and dying to read the full review soon!

Radio-

Thank you so much for doing these reviews on your cruises. You made this last week fun and go by quick. Would love to cruise with you!! I can't wait for your next "LIVE" review! I am so excited for my cruise on Allure of the Seas on October 30!

Thanks!!!!

F27.JPG

I have 2 questions...we are doing the dolphin excursion while on Cozumel...do you know if you get to enjoy the facilities before/after your dolphin time, and is it included in the hefty pricetag?

Also, kind of unrelated, but I'm curious...do you know if the the onboard Starbucks take Starbucks giftcards???

Thank you so much!!!

Starbucks took gift cards on our Jan cruise.

Mark -

And then our second week ended and we had to get off for good.:eek::eek:

Not for good.. for now ;)

Huge mega ships like Oasis/Allure never held any attraction to me but after so many wonderful reviews, this one at the top of the list, it all of a sudden holds an.. ALLURE.

Great. . .Are you doing a "LIVE" cruise soon ?

Radio

;);)

I have a trip on Serenade in January 2012, so I might just have to talk myself into taking the laptop.

Yourself, Trainman, Bionicman, etc have inspired me again. I remember having a bunch of fun doing the review. On that first attempt it was my in-laws 50th anniversary so DW had plenty of company so I could "sneak" away easy to do the posts.:D

It will all depend on if I want to fly with my laptop or not.

But thanks again! It was a blast!