Best Aqua Class Cabin

spkinva

1610 & 1606 (along with the counterparts on the Starboard side) are the best AQ staterooms. Nearly triple sized balcony, no obstructionshs, mid ship location and near the Penthouse and Royal Suites, so your room steward is likely to be top notch. They do have significant overhang (good if you perfer shade, bad if you prefer sun).

Edited by Gonzo70

1552 has the extra large balcony. However I am not a fan of the bed by the window. . .

Hi Cathy:

Just to provide the other perspective, we have sailed in AQ1552 as well, and I prefer the bed by the window.

I am constantly going back and forth between the bathroom and the desk when I am getting ready, and found the bed to be in my way when it was by the closet. Also, I don't find the sofa to be comfortable, and prefer to read lying on the bed; I really appreciate being beside the large balcony windows so that I am more connected to the sea, and I like to wake up next to the ocean view.

Although previously we have always cruised in AQ rooms with the largest balconies, in January this year we were in 1608 and we enjoyed that room just as much as AQ1605. The balcony is somewhat shorter, but is certainly large enough even for 4 people, and you get somewhat more light into the cabin as a compensating factor. I would be happy to sail in any of the AQ cabins "on the slant".

1610 & 1606 (along with the counterparts on the Starboard side) are the best AQ staterooms. Nearly triple sized balcony, no obstructionshs, mid ship location and near the Penthouse and Royal Suites, so your room steward is likely to be top notch. They do have significant overhang (good if you perfer shade, bad if you prefer sun).

Nice endorsement for 1610....it's what we have for our Med cruise on Silhouette....got it by default when so many cancelled after Egypt was eliminated....I thought it was one of the bigger hump cabins...can't wait!!!:D

Thanks for all the info. We're thinking of booking 1601. Maybe we should book soon for 2013. Still can't believe some of the hump cabins are already taken when the cruise is so far away!

We enjoyed 1546 on Equinox because it has no overhang, is under the hair salon so it's quiet, and it's right by the forward elevator. The balcony is standard size, and the bed is closer to the entrance, which we grew to prefer.

Thanks to input from CCers on M class balconies, we snagged a "Sweet 16"

on Deck 6 for our 2 week January cruise on Connie. Can't wait.

Edited by marieps

We enjoyed 1546 on Equinox because it has no overhang, is under the hair salon so it's quiet, and it's right by the forward elevator. The balcony is standard size, and the bed is closer to the entrance, which we grew to prefer.

Thanks to input from CCers on M class balconies, we snagged a "Sweet 16"

on Deck 6 for our 2 week January cruise on Connie. Can't wait.

Sweet 16 has a large balcony, but a smaller cabin.

After having sailed S class, I think it would be hard for me to go back to the M class ships that have not been updated. The soft furnishings were beautiful on Eclipse, especially compared with the orange and blue (?) color scheme of our stateroom on Summit a few years ago. Not sure what they were thinking even when those cabins were new.

OTOH I really missed the T pool on Eclipse, hard to believe they did not continue that on S class.

After having sailed S class, I think it would be hard for me to go back to the M class ships that have not been updated. The soft furnishings were beautiful on Eclipse, especially compared with the orange and blue (?) color scheme of our stateroom on Summit a few years ago. Not sure what they were thinking even when those cabins were new.

OTOH I really missed the T pool on Eclipse, hard to believe they did not continue that on S class.

Does anyone know if T pool will be retained on Summit or will it be transformed into a Solarium during the solsticizong?

Does anyone know if T pool will be retained on Summit or will it be transformed into a Solarium during the solsticizong?

Sandi, it looks like they will transform the T pool to the Solarium according to the deck plans of the Summit.

Edited by kitkat9438

Which Aqua Class cabins have the biggest balcony? Does it have the overhang too?

We had 1606 on the Eclipse and agree it is awesome. Since it is not available for your sailing, here's a list of the other cabins that have great balconies:

Resort Deck (C2): 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110 (Also good, but not as large: 2107, 2108, 2111, 2112)

Penthouse Deck (Aqua): 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610 (Also good, not as large: 1599, 1603, 1604, 1608)

Sky Deck (C2): 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck (1A): 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9266, 9270, 9292

Panorama Deck (C2): 9241, 9296

Vista Deck (1A): 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck (1A): 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck (2C): 6155, 6156

Continental Deck (1A): 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Keep checking to see if 1606 or 1610 opens up. You just never know.

Here's a picture of the side of the ship where you can see the room numbers and the overhang:

SolHump-vi.jpg

Here's a picture of the overhang in my balcony:

050.jpg

049.jpg

Hi Cathy:

Just to provide the other perspective, we have sailed in AQ1552 as well, and I prefer the bed by the window.

I am constantly going back and forth between the bathroom and the desk when I am getting ready, and found the bed to be in my way when it was by the closet. Also, I don't find the sofa to be comfortable, and prefer to read lying on the bed; I really appreciate being beside the large balcony windows so that I am more connected to the sea, and I like to wake up next to the ocean view.

Although previously we have always cruised in AQ rooms with the largest balconies, in January this year we were in 1608 and we enjoyed that room just as much as AQ1605. The balcony is somewhat shorter, but is certainly large enough even for 4 people, and you get somewhat more light into the cabin as a compensating factor. I would be happy to sail in any of the AQ cabins "on the slant".

Was any windowwashing thingy hanging outside 1552 cabin? - I want to change my regular size balcony for this one. Any input appreciated. Any noise in this room?

thank you

Edited by ISABELLA

Which Aqua Class cabins have the biggest balcony? Does it have the overhang too?

We prefer the forward AQU with the larger cabins. 1549 and the one across. They have the window washing Equipment so others do not want them which is fine with us. We like the bed by the window. They are forward so closer walk to the gym, spa, AQU cafe....

Bed by window or bed by the bathroom?

We prefer the forward AQU with the larger cabins. 1549 and the one across. They have the window washing Equipment so others do not want them which is fine with us. We like the bed by the window. They are forward so closer walk to the gym, spa, AQU cafe....

Which one have the washing equipment?

Does 1552 have the bed by the window or by the bathroom?

thanks

Edited by ISABELLA

1606 and 1610 have the bed by the bath. The corresponding staterooms on the Port side (1605 and 1601) have the bed by the balcony.

I undestand that 1606 and 1605 correspond. How do 1610 and 1601 correspond to each other.

I am trying to understand which AQ cabins have the bed by the window and larger balconies.

Thank you.