OMG, what am I going to do?

Planmaam

I need help; I find myself in an atrocious situation, and don't know what do! It's over 600 days until my next cruise, and I find it impossible to deal with. I read these boards, spend time remembering past cruises, wishing I could attend a martini tasting or hear the music of the live band playing oldies I love.

I look back of the pictures of my last cruise, the good times that were had with family on the Star. I have video I took from our aft balcony as we sailed with the sun setting on the horizon and just want to cry. Then dream of when I'll be in an aft balcony again, one day........................

But I can't stand it! It won't come soon enough, that elusive 2013 date. It's only a matter of enough money, enough vacation time, enough sky miles. Is there any help for me? :(:(:(

We have CNBCs Cruise Inc.. on our DVR...permanently..., and we put it on when we are needing a cruise fix. :D. And yes I would consider it intolerable to be farther away than a year before my next cruise. :eek: You poor thing! ;)

Guess all personal choice but for myself, I'd skip the aft balcony & go with an oceanview or even an inside and be able to go sooner/more often rather than waiting 600 days. Only you know how much that cabin means to you. No right or wrong decision here...life's all about choices. Me, I'd rather be on an island hanging out with my family (a different Island than what I live on of course - lol) or taking advantage of all the ship has to offer than just dreaming about it for that long.

Do you miss the cabin with the balcony or just being on the cruise and atmosphere? Which is more important? If you just want to be on a cruise, laying out on the deck reading a book, visiting different ports of call for the experience and all the food you can eat. Book some cheaper interior rooms or a small 4-5 day cruise just to get a small fix while you are waiting on your 2013 cruise to come. :D

I plan mine year by year and just waiting for that year to come up is hard enough for me. There's no way I could wait for 600 more days. EEEKKKK! I feel for ya hun. I really do! :(

You are going to haunt this bulletin board until your next cruise just as most of us do! I search all the time for shows about cruising and DVR them to watch for my cruise fix. I taped the entire series this winter of the drydock of the Sovereign of the Seas and made my DH watch it with me.

I need help; I find myself in an atrocious situation' date=' and don't know what do! It's over 600 days until my next cruise, and I find it impossible to deal with. I read these boards, spend time remembering past cruises, wishing I could attend a martini tasting or hear the music of the live band playing oldies I love.

I look back of the pictures of my last cruise, the good times that were had with family on the Star. I have video I took from our aft balcony as we sailed with the sun setting on the horizon and just want to cry. Then dream of when I'll be in an aft balcony again, one day........................

But I can't stand it! It won't come soon enough, that elusive 2013 date. It's only a matter of enough money, enough vacation time, enough sky miles. Is there any help for me? :(:(:([/quote']

Our 2013 cruise isn't til Feb. 6th----but we have an RCL cruise this Oct/Nov. It's hard waiting for one sooooo far out there.

Have a cruise party at home--make a bunch of different martinis, play some good caribbean music--wear your bikini--LOL, bring in some sand and replay your video for everyone!!:D

You can always book a short repo cruise! We do them all the time between our longer cruises. There's no way I could wait 600 days! :eek:

There are short, 2-day cruises from Vancouver to San Francisco on Princess, and some a little longer from Vancouver to LA or San Diego each Fall; and from LA, SD or SF in the Spring. The prices are quite reasonable.

We just returned from a 5-day San Diego to Vancouver repo and had a BLAST!

To keep your costs down, fly to Seattle and take the train or bus to Vancouver (or vice versa). We took the train from Vancouver ($30), then jumped on the light rail a block away from the Amtrak station in downtown Seattle and rode to Seatac ($1.75 or .75 if you're over 65). We flew Southwest to Oakland ($84). Flights into or out of Vancouver can be pricey -- over $225.

600 days.... oh no, couldn't do it. I'm going crazy waiting on November to come so the wife and I can board the NCL Epic for 7 fun days. The cruise bug hit us again when we heard of our first cruise ship, NCL Dawn, going into drydock. I say rebook into a cheap cabin and enjoy ythe cruise! Happy Cruising:cool:

It sounds as if a weekend cruise in an inside cabin will set things right. To accomplish this: 1.) explain to the kids that because of a situation beyond your control, their inheritance will be slightly less than expected; 2.) act a little crazy and explain to the boss that you need a few mental health days. If this plan doesn't work ....oh well you tried. Good luck!!

My next cruise is actually later than yours. I had a cruise reward I had to book, so I went out as far as I could. I just cruised in March so I got my "fix", but 2013 is waaaaay out there. Might have to squeeze another in 2012.

It sounds as if a weekend cruise in an inside cabin will set things right. To accomplish this: 1.) explain to the kids that because of a situation beyond your control, their inheritance will be slightly less than expected; 2.) act a little crazy and explain to the boss that you need a few mental health days. If this plan doesn't work ....oh well you tried. Good luck!!

Now, that's a plan! :D I like, I LIKE!

I need help; I find myself in an atrocious situation' date=' and don't know what do! It's over 600 days until my next cruise, and I find it impossible to deal with. I read these boards, spend time remembering past cruises, wishing I could attend a martini tasting or hear the music of the live band playing oldies I love.

But I can't stand it! It won't come soon enough, that elusive 2013 date. It's only a matter of enough money, enough vacation time, enough sky miles. Is there any help for me? :(:(:([/quote']

Eat peanut butter, mac & cheese, and spaghetti. Take Southwest Airlines. Vacation time, I can't help you with. Need to talk to the company you work for. Show them the CNN article about "no vacation for Americans". We get 12 days a year plus an extra day for every year we work for the company. Up to 10 years. That's 22 days. Plus 12 holidays. Plus 12 sick days. You might need to look around.

I love this. Hilarious! :D

I booked my first cruise last year and loved it so much, that I have 3 booked for this year and will be booking 2 more for 2012.....I try to put aside $700. a month for cruises..

<center><embed src="http://www.*****/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.*****/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.*****/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=Bermuda%20here%20I%20come&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=16711935&year=2011&month=5&day=10&hour=17&minute=0&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.*****/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

Wendy -- There is always Utah Lake !!!! Beach -- CD player -- A five gallon bucket of Martinis -- Another five gallon bucket of martinis!!!!!! -- Tell the "old guy" he has to serve them to you !!! You get the picture !!!!!

AND --- With enough Martinis, you can imagine that stuff is white sand instead of SNOW !!

She Can't cancel and rebook![size="4"

Her two sisters and their DHs are going. Her DD, hubby and grand daughter are going. MY son, daughter, son in law and grand daughter are going. She would have some 'splainin' to do if she did!

Our coveted aft cabins next to each other are awesome because we can open our balcony dividers and enjoy those larger balconies together with the family. I would rather be there even though I booked my kids in family suite. (We just told them that we will be by at 6:30 a.m. before our morning walk to use their coffee machine. :eek:)

So, I am in the same situation; reading CC, looking at pictures, checking out NCL trying to figure out how I can book and afford the $ and vacation time to take another cruise sooner. This is really hard.

I WANT THE EPIC OUT OF BARCELONA! WAAAAAAAAAAA

Winning the Lottery is the ONLY viable option it seems.

[/size]

Planma'am- I definatly feel for you. I scrape together all that I can. For go the other luxeries in life, and look, look, look, look for the deals. It is difficult to get time off when you work for some one else. I work out of my home, so I take off when I want. I could not wait 600 days. I'm having trouble waiting 37 days. I have 4 NCL's booked right now & a 2 day Disney out of NY 06/12. The furthest one out being 08/27th Hawaii on POA. I'm doing all that I can now, cause the world is ending 4 months after I get back from Hawaii. Dec. 21, 2012 right. :confused: LOL !!!! "Well atleast that's what I've been told" !!! Will you get your cruise in befor then????????? I'm only kidding honey! I would try to take a 2 or 3 day er if you could. And, sometimes the train is cheaper than air. Remember, "where there is a will, there is a way". Spend some serious time thinking to yourself, " how can I do this." You will find a way....Lot's of Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help;

But I can't stand it! It won't come soon enough' date=' that elusive [b']2013[/b] date. It's only a matter of enough money, enough vacation time, enough sky miles. Is there any help for me? :(:(:(

:eek:

Man, I'm having a nervous breakdown because I don't have a cruise scheduled until 4/2012...you have until 2013?????? :eek:

I could never deal with that.

You need to just book something and find a way to do it. :D

OK, lots of great ideas. Let me answer a few of them, not in any particular order (or rather, the order I remember them!)

Robin, I even looked at cruises leaving around the time we will be in Texas in the fall; could get an inexpensive one the week after Thanksgiving out of Florida. But there goes the vacation time we have planned to be in Texas in the first place! Then I looked at the time of Jay's wedding; but that's in the same "benefit year" for me, and would use time for the cruise I already have scheduled.

Bill, leave it to you to come up with the Utah Lake idea! Do you know that I recently saw an ad for sunset "cruises" on Utah Lake!!!! Bet there's no martinis offered on them, tho! I'll give Mike your suggestion; do you have a spare room for when he gives me the boot?!!!!

I work for a city, not a company, so when it comes to getting more time off.........well, 'nuf said?

I get three weeks of vacation a year, and if I use less than 40 hours of sick leave you can convert 16 hours to vacation time. I managed to do that last year. If only that were the only hurdle.

I like the lottery idea, need to invest in the Utah State Lottery, which is the Idaho Lottery!

I need to live closer to a cruise port, not in the mountain desert, then the last-minute deals might be a choice. We are looking to retire in Texas, and NCL is going to be cruising out of NOLA soon, maybe they (or another line?!?) will return to Galveston???? Then those last-minute deals would be a possibility.

Turning over our aft balcony cabins for inside is not an option :eek:; first of all, we got them for a REALLY GOOD PRICE this far out, and second of all, GO FROM A BALCONY TO AN INSIDE???!!!! Are you kidding? I imagine it's like tasting the suite life and then going back to a regular balcony. Half the enjoyment of the cruise is not just the balcony, but adjoining balconies! I'm a balcony snob! :D

I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through these boards (sniff) and not look at the number of days left until my cruise. :(

Archived