Other "Country Club Casual" Cruiselines

Dmgmd50

I was wondering if Oceania travelers know of any other cruiselines where the dress code is Country Club Casual? The one thing that bothers me on Oceania that I'm reading about on these forums, is that there definitely seems to be a class distinction according to the type of cabin one books. In past years, when we sailed on Seabourn, Regent, and Silverseas everyone could go everywhere, no special lounges, no priorty dining reservations (90 days vs 45 days, 2 reservations vs 1), etc. Except for the dress code, the other luxury lines were more like a country club where all the members are equal. Are there any other cruiselines that are "CCC" where everyone is treated equally?

Ncl ;)

I think you will find people who pay for the suites & PH will have special privileges on any cruise line

Everyone will get a booking at the specialty restaurants on O I would not worry

The only off limit areas are on the new ships in the way of the executive & concierge lounges

People that pay extra for the privilege

People from all CAT can enjoy the rest of the ship

Just like those flying business or first class on the airlines ..you do not expect the economy passengers to come up front & enjoy the amenities.

Sorry LIFE is a class system

Just enjoy it while you can, there is an expiry date ;)

Lyn

Seadream, Paul Gauguin, I'm sure there's others. Not sure about Azamara.

Most of the extra perks for people with lots of money and the need to feel good about it doesn't matter that much to me anyway. I developed a belief system at a young age that although I may not have as much of it, my money spends as well the rich persons.

Another way to look at is that they are paying for those perks, anyone that chooses to spend the money can enjoy the benefits. We all choose what's important to us.

I'd have to say that I think that you are swimming against the tide on this one:

Celebrity's new Solstice class ships now offer an exclusive dining room, Blu, to their guests staying in suites and Aqua Class cabins.

NCL's new Epic offers a private pool area just for guests booked in Villa Suites that includes cabanas, a private lounge area with bar, butler and concierge service.

Oceania hasn't gone quite that far, but the future of cruising seems to be going in that direction.

I'd have to say that I think that you are swimming against the tide on this one:

Celebrity's new Solstice class ships now offer an exclusive dining room, Blu, to their guests staying in suites and Aqua Class cabins.

NCL's new Epic offers a private pool area just for guests booked in Villa Suites that includes cabanas, a private lounge area with bar, butler and concierge service.

Oceania hasn't gone quite that far, but the future of cruising seems to be going in that direction.

I guess you are right. To me, Oceania seems to be positioning itself as a more "mass market" line like Celebrity and NCL which try to attract more upscale passengers by offering additional perks if you pay more, rather than as a luxury line like Silverseas, where you simply get a larger cabin (and a butler) if you pay more. And perhaps maybe that has even changed on Sliverseas since I last sailed.

In any case, I'm sure I will enjoy my Marina sailing in October, (as well as my Celebrity Solstice sailing with our children and grandchildren in the Spring).

I have to say that when we sailed on Azamara in January, I did not notice any "class system" other than a butler if you paid for a suite. To be honest with you, I am wondering about what I will find on Oceania when we sail with them for the first time next month.

From what I see here on the boards, the attitude of the people posting to both lines are similar. Having found the Azamara people to be friendly and easy to get along with, I hope that the ones sailing with us on Oceania are the same. Only time will tell.

But, no matter what, I firmly believe that if you don't have a good time on a cruise (any cruise) it's your own fault. I intend to enjoy myself!

I have to say that when we sailed on Azamara in January, I did not notice any "class system" other than a butler if you paid for a suite. To be honest with you, I am wondering about what I will find on Oceania when we sail with them for the first time next month.

You will probably find O to be close to AZA except no free wine at meals ;)

people are people the world over

treat them the way you want to be treated

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

From what I see here on the boards, the attitude of the people posting to both lines are similar. Having found the Azamara people to be friendly and easy to get along with, I hope that the ones sailing with us on Oceania are the same.
We sailed both AZ and O and found them to be more similar than different. The passengers were well traveled, engaging and easy-going on both lines. We didn't feel any "class" distinction on either. I'm sure you'll have a great time on O!

I guess the real differences will be felt on the new ships with the extra perks. But guess there is no such thing as a free lunch. Those pax are paying for the lounges and the "privilege" of early restaurant booking. Like Lyn said there is a class system whether we like it or not. Still looking forward to our Aug trip on Marina. Pat

I guess the real differences will be felt on the new ships with the extra perks. But guess there is no such thing as a free lunch. Those pax are paying for the lounges and the "privilege" of early restaurant booking. Like Lyn said there is a class system whether we like it or not. Still looking forward to our Aug trip on Marina. Pat

:)If it wasn't a class system, there would be nothing to talk about and those would argue that someone got an extra night at one of the specialty restaurants and would complain that everyone then should receive another reservation to be fair. It isn't a matter of one class of passengers being better than the next, it is about the vacation just like yours. Some members prefer not to upgrade to suite cabins with the perks and use the savings for another cruise. Others including me like to travel as if it was their last. There will always be someone who has more money to spend on the upgrades. As Lyn stated, there is an expiration date on all of us. I tend to enjoy what I want and how I want. Unless you know the person sitting next to you playing trivia is in a suite, all passengers are treated the same regardless of their cabin number. Maria

I would not call the system of extra amenities onboard a system dependent on class, rather a system based on money. In my career, I have met people with money and little class, and people with class and little money.

I've met a lot of great people on cruises. They were just interesting and fun to be with.:cool:

I would not call the system of extra amenities onboard a system dependent on class, rather a system based on money. In my career, I have met people with money and little class, and people with class and little money.

I've met a lot of great people on cruises. They were just interesting and fun to be with.:cool:

Well put, Virginia Artie! I so agree.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about the executive and concierge lounges, anyway. The pictures I saw were of a somewhat lackluster space, IMO. And since most of O's cruises are port-intensive, I'd probably never find time to use them much given all the other fine areas/restaurants/bars etc. that are for all regardless of what stateroom you have.

But there are others who really seem to like them and don't mind paying for it. And that's what makes the world go 'round...

Some of us pay more mainly for the extra room in the cabin. We personally don't use most of those other "perks".

We tend not to use the butler for much and we rarely use all our "passes" to the specialty restaurants.

To each his own!

I was wondering if Oceania travelers know of any other cruise-lines where the dress code is Country Club Casual? Are there any other cruise-lines that are "CCC" where everyone is treated equally?

Hi:

There IS another cruise line which is CCC & everyone is treated equally & that is Windstar. We prefer the Windsurf at 312 pax (the other 2 ships are smaller). We have done 3 trans Atlantics on Windsurf with another planned for Apr 2012. There are only a few suites & you'd never know which passengers are in one unless they tell you.

We also found a little "class distinction" on Oceania especially from people in the "suites". Never the less we are doing another cruise on Regatta in Nov 2011 & enjoyed our other 2 cruise on her.

Delta Queen

Hi:

There IS another cruise line which is CCC & everyone is treated equally & that is Windstar. We prefer the Windsurf at 312 pax (the other 2 ships are smaller). We have done 3 trans Atlantics on Windsurf with another planned for Apr 2012. There are only a few suites & you'd never know which passengers are in one unless they tell you.

We also found a little "class distinction" on Oceania especially from people in the "suites". Never the less we are doing another cruise on Regatta in Nov 2011 & enjoyed our other 2 cruise on her.

Delta Queen

Actually, you are correct. We were on the Windsurf about 10 years ago and there was no fuss about the suites - which seems to be an important topic on the Oceania Boards.

Actually, you are correct. We were on the Windsurf about 10 years ago and there was no fuss about the suites - which seems to be an important topic on the Oceania Boards.

The topic is only important to those who wish to post about it.:)

THe Paul Guaguin is also CCC and once on board there are no real "clasS" distinctions. We have been on deck 4 to deck 8(with a butler) and found the the boarding, service, food and cabin service to be the same. The butler could have done more for us but we elected not to use him as much as we could have done while cruising. The biggest problem with Oceania is that their own representatives when contacted prior to boarding told us everyone was boarded as to when they arrived at the pier which was not the case. The upper decks were given priority boarding. However, we could not tell any difference in service in the dining rooms or elsewhere on the ship.

I guess i must be missing something

I do not understand this "class distinction" stuff

We have never met anyone on Oceania that flaunted the fact they had a suite or acted differently because they did.

They do not go around waving their gold card or wear a sign saying they are special

If they did not tell me they were in a suite or PH I would never know

If you pay more for a suite then you should get some perks

We have seen people in the lower Cat cabins that acted like the ENTITLED because they had many cruises on O.

Things could be worse than not getting onboard early or an extra seating in the specialty restaurants, at least you can still go cruising

Lyn

LHT, I wrote an almost identical message last night and then did not post it -I have done that many times! In fact, I probably write 2-3 times as many as I post.

We have, so far, always been in an inside cabin ( the times we booked a balcony, we had to cancel :().

We are never aware who is in a suite unless we happen to see their key card or they tell us.

We have always gotten extra dinner reservations, and on one occasion they made a huge effort to get us in with friends. We have never felt like second class citizens.

We have never waited to board. One time we arrived at 11, the other times were later.

We have never waited long to leave the ship in ports either.

We love Oceania and thus far have not sailed with ony other cruiseline.

Mo

+1

I don't understand this either. Sure some people can be full of themselves but you get that everywhere.

Trying reading the Cunard board, I wandered in there the other day and :eek:

I guess i must be missing something

I do not understand this "class distinction" stuff

LHT, I wrote an almost identical message last night and then did not post it -I have done that many times! In fact, I probably write 2-3 times as many as I post.

Mo

I do the same thing

Hard to believe I can just delete the replies with as many as I post :D:D

Lyn

Archived