First Time RCCL

My family and I just recently booked a RCCL on Voyager of the Seas for Dec 17, 2011. We booke a balcony room with 4 in the room. They state that the room will have queen bed for hubby and me and then a sofa for boys. Is it a double sofa? We usually cruise princess with a mini suite but wanted to try RCCL. Can anyone tell me how four stay in a room. I may want to cancel. Pics would also be nice. Thanks ahead of time!

Our cabin number is 9222 on deck nine forward.

It will work! It will be a tight fit, but it does work. Great ship, super crew, really good entertainment venues...Especially Derke Lewis in the Pig N Whistle (adult oriented show...kids NOT recommended).

Truly one of the best in the RCI fleet.

My family and I just recently booked a RCCL on Voyager of the Seas for Dec 17, 2011. We booke a balcony room with 4 in the room. They state that the room will have queen bed for hubby and me and then a sofa for boys. Is it a double sofa? We usually cruise princess with a mini suite but wanted to try RCCL. Can anyone tell me how four stay in a room. I may want to cancel. Pics would also be nice. Thanks ahead of time!

Our cabin number is 9222 on deck nine forward.

Look at 9676-9681 or 9376-9381. It's the same size cabin as you have booked - a D category - but it is connected to an inside.

You would have two cabins, two bathrooms, two TVs - and the boys could access your balcony through the connecting door.

These are the only cabins like this on the ship, and they go fast, so the availability is iffy.

Call your TA and ask them to look into it for you.

The deck plans show how many "berths" there are....if they allowed you to book 4 in one room, that means there are sleeping spaces for 4...so the sofa will be a "double" bed.

It's doable, but tight!

We have sailed with 4 in a room twice now. In order to have a family cruise vacation at all, this was our only option. Our kids are grown; they slept in the sofa bed. No choice but to do so, and it was definitely tight but we were fine! The option for us was not to go at all.... not an option. We all work hard and these vacations were something we were all looking forward to. :)

Some people say "book two rooms" but that is not feasible for us (it's easy to spend someone else's money! LOL!). :D Only you can decide if this will work for your family.

Voyager-class ships are amazing! You'll have a great time.

Archived