Restrictions on Use of Shipboard Credit (OBC)

MightyQuinn

I received another e-mail today about this special OBC offer - this time from a TA in the Virtuoso consortium. Details are identical to what was in the PG e-mail, except there's no mention that OBC cannot be used for shore excursions. In fact, it's quite the contrary:

YOU CAN USE YOUR Shipboard Credit ONBOARD TO:

* Book a shore excursion

* Indulge in a pampering treatment at the luxurious spa

* Pick up a souvenir at La Boutique ... And more!

So I think that PG likely made a mistake in the wording of their most recent e-mails. Perhaps, as has been suggested, they wanted to stress that OBC cannot be used to book shorex in advance. If so, they should have said that clearly.

Thanks for that sasha, feel better now that it's not just us missing out.

We went on a morning Harbour Cruise with Mondo in Feb, where all the different cruise lines had representatives. We got a one day deal, but had to cough up big deposit to hold it - worth it though.

But I am still going into the TA this morning and giving it another go:D

Let me know how you get on. We only booked about 3-4 weeks ago and paid nearly all of it up front and the balance last week. We fly ANZ but code share on Tahiti Nui on our way there. I sometimes wonder if we would not have been better off booking through PG website. Next time I will look into it. We booked our last cruise on Pride of America via the States wthrough our American friends and it saved us about $1500!!

• Administrators

Hello everyone:

The folks over at Paul Gauguin Cruises sent over the following statement in regarding to the usage of OBC:

"Paul Gauguin Cruises Guests can use their shipboard credit to pay for shore excursions once they get onboard the m/s Paul Gauguin.“

Hope this helps,

Laura

Thanks for the confirmation Laura.

Situation normal again, which is good news all way 'round. Well ... maybe not for Emdee. No excuse now to break that no more pearls resolution! ;);)

Emdee could just "not" see this posting. :p

The folks over at Paul Gauguin Cruises sent over the following statement in regarding to the usage of OBC:

"Paul Gauguin Cruises Guests can use their shipboard credit to pay for shore excursions once they get onboard the m/s Paul Gauguin.“

Hope this helps,Laura

Laura,

Thanks for posting the information. That is what I thought they meant, but it is nice to have it confirmed. :)

My daughter has surprised us with a 30 anniversary celebration on Motu Mahana with dancing gauguines, Capt and or Michael Shapiro doing the vows so I guess to cap it off I am entitled to pearls for my pearl anniversary..... NOT.

In anticipation of my Pearl Anniversary I already had a copy of the Keishi necklace from the following site classic collection made last year. A girl has to plan these things in advance So every trip since the beginning I have made a trip to Ron Halls place and to the pearl vendors on Motu Mahana and bought a few keishis until I had enough to have the whole necklace set in white gold .

http://www.pearlsfiji.com/jhunter_collection/jhunterline.html

So once this really fancy piece was completed , a true work of art, and the Tahia strand was bought my pearl account is CLOSED.

Emdee, you taught your DD well! Sounds like she has planned a killer 30th Anniversary celebration on MM for you. Hope that Hina is the lead dancer (LOVE that girl) and you post video! Really wish I could be there.

I could learn a few things from you - like advance planning for those special celebrations. Very impressive that you've been collecting Keishis for your special necklace for a while. I gotta start something like that. We'll celebrate our 30th next year, but until tonite, I had no clue that it was a PEARL anniversary! And trust me, DH wouldn't know either. But now I'm wiser and will plan accordingly.

Maybe PG in 2012? :):)

My daughter has surprised us with a 30 anniversary celebration on Motu Mahana with dancing gauguines, Capt and or Michael Shapiro doing the vows so I guess to cap it off I am entitled to pearls for my pearl anniversary..... NOT.

Tell your DD that it is our anniversary (15th) as well (well, close enough). Just in case she feels very generous!;)

Archived