Pizza!

chach123

A number of years ago - we asked if we could have one made to order and he was very accomodating - said as long as he had the ingredients available he would make it. We had what we referred to as a greek pizza: mushrooms, feta cheese, black olives, purple onion, hot calabriese (or any dry hard salami). They now offer one very similar. You would have to wait for it of course. We had a number of people who started ordering it - or after we got our pieces people would just jump in and take the rest. He got to know us and would have one ready by around 11:30 at night for us - he was one person who got a tip on the side.

If you know good pizza this is not it though.

Garlic bread and caesar salad are very good.

Whoa now! Late at night, after a few libations, the pizza, as we say in the south, is mighty fine!:D:p:D

We loved the pizza on our Elation and Inspiration cruises...not so much on our Freedom and Destiny cruises. Our first meal in the hotel after we got off the Freedom was Pizza....we couldn't wait to get a good one after 8 days at sea with what amounted to tasteless cardboard to us. The Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach makes a pretty good one :) (it went great with the free drinks at the Manager's Reception:D). Of course that is just our opinion and others may vary....

What kind of pizza is there on the ships?? Is there plain ol cheese and pepperoni?? Can you build your own with different toppings? Thanks!!

Yes to both cheese and pepperoni.

You can build your own, but they tend not to have ingredients, tell you that it will take a long time, etc. Bottom line they really don't want to do custom orders but they will.

BTW the pizza is really pretty bad as pizza goes, very similar to what you get out of your local grocer's freezer.

BTW the pizza is really pretty bad as pizza goes, very similar to what you get out of your local grocer's freezer.

...Sorry. Nothing similar to frozen pizza. Pizza on board is made fresh.

...IMHO, the pizza is not bad. If you're going to compare it to pizza made in New York (where I happen to be originally from) or Chicago, then it's certainly not going to be up to par with what you are used to. But, as an earlier poster said, after a few drinks, it certainly hits the spot late at night!

...Sorry. Nothing similar to frozen pizza. Pizza on board is made fresh.

...IMHO, the pizza is not bad. If you're going to compare it to pizza made in New York (where I happen to be originally from) or Chicago, then it's certainly not going to be up to par with what you are used to. But, as an earlier poster said, after a few drinks, it certainly hits the spot late at night!

I agree too! Not too bad - do I crave Carnival Pizza when I get off the boat...no but as was said late at night - not too shabby!

I love to get the pizza and a salad for lunch! I do like to get a few things that are not on their list though. I have brought some items from the salad bar and they will add those to a custom pizza.

Conquest pizza is pretty good. Like others have said, it isn't as good as in NYC or Chicago but I enjoyed it nonetheless. For pre-mades, they had cheese, pepperoni, something with 3 meats, a veggie one, and a goatcheese and mushroom one. That was my favorite. The calzones are pepperoni and cheese and also delicious. Be prepared to wait at least 10 minutes (more if late at night and there is only 1 guy to make AND serve) for a calzone or special request pizza.

I guess it is probably not the best pizza in the world, but it is not bad at all! I certainly like it, especially the capricosa (anchovie ), and the de chevre pizza. all the regular options are there also, like cheese, and pepperoni and others. the best pizza I have ever had was in Montreal! go figure!:) but I am a fan of Carnival's pizza. I wouldnt have it for dinner but lunch, or snack or late night snack it hits the spot for me!

Archived