Bomb Threat on Imagination

Carnival received a threat from Arkansas saying the Imagination would not make it to Cozumel due to a bomb on board. Apparently, it was made by some woman who was upset she got left behind by the ship somewhere. I wish I had more details right now, but the threat is not credible and I don't think this has hit the media yet.

Why do people post things without the source:confused:Lacks credibility

Ok, I'll explain it further. I am a retired ICE agent. I am still very close to the career field and still get a lot of e-mails on things that are currently going on. A notice I received today and confirmed by someone still working in the field said a mentally challenged woman from Arkansas was upset she was left behind and called in a bomb threat to CCL. As I said, the threat is not credible, but it did stir some activity with CCL and law enforcement.

If you don't want to believe me, fine. Just pay attention to the news in the next couple days because I'm sure she will be charged.

Otherwise, I just though some folks would be interested. Sheesh, folks will flame for anything on this board. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll explain it further. I am a retired ICE agent. I am still very close to the career field and still get a lot of e-mails on things that are currently going on. A notice I received today and confirmed by someone still working in the field said a mentally challenged woman from Arkansas was upset she was left behind and called in a bomb threat to CCL. As I said, the threat is not credible, but it did stir some activity with CCL and law enforcement.

If you don't want to believe me, fine. Just pay attention to the news in the next couple days because I'm sure she will be charged.

Otherwise, I just though some folks would be interested. Sheesh, folks will flame for anything on this board. :rolleyes:

Keep us posted Cruzaholic. Thanks for sharing your info.

Some of us are interested and thanks for letting us know. As cruise lovers we like to know how cruiselines responed to such threats so we know which lines are the best to sail on when it comes to our personal safety.

Why are there always people who criticize others posts and threads.

Thank you for the info cruzaholic. Stay tuned for more. Hope it is a hoax.

Some of us are interested and thanks for letting us know. As cruise lovers we like to know how cruiselines responed to such threats so we know which lines are the best to sail on when it comes to our personal safety.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. I still don't know all the details, but from what I can tell, it was CCL who traced the call back to a certain woman in Arkansas. If so, definitely kudos to them! It will be interesting to see what the media says in the coming days.

Lat May while sailing on the Fascination we were awoken in the middle of the night (last night) by security coming into our cabin. They knocked a few times and then come in and told us to stay put in bed as they had an emergency situation onboard and they had to search our room. My Son, Wife and Myself it Scared the crap out of us!!! they searched the cabin and then moved to the next room. The next morning their was a letter from the Captain explaing the situation and Apologized for any inconvience. Basically some Moron had called a Bomb Threat into the Jacksonville PD earlier in the morning. While it scared us, I am Grateful to the Security and crew of the ship to handle that situation the way they did!

ok..so it is not credible you say, right?

Then why did you post it here?

If everything you say is correct I would doubt the news media will care one way or another....because as you said it was not a credible threat.

I agree some people will flame on here just to flame I think! I feel the majority of the people on here who have common sense Appreciate your post. I mean afterall this site and board is here for people to receive information. Plus the simple fact that I really hope that someone would not start a thread like this just for the heck of it and out of the blue! So Thankyou for posting the info! As you can see from my previous post we were on a Ship that had a threat placed on it and it is no laughing matter to experience!

If everything you say is correct I would doubt the news media will care one way or another....because as you said it was not a credible threat.

Because people may find it interesting that an entire ship full of people is going to miss a port due to the non-credible threat?? Just a guess.... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't realize a woman calling in a bomb threat on the Imagination was not worthy of Cruise Critic posting. :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect to get flamed so much for posting this. Wow.

Oh hush.....are all 13 of your posts flaming someone thats been contributing to cruise critic as much as as cruzaholic has...

Ok sorry...I just get tired of people that feel that...if it isn't important to them,,,,,it won't be important to anyone.

Forgive me in advance.

:)

Because people like you read and comment on their post.

It's called driving traffic to the boards.

Otherwise post without facts would be deleted right away.

Sorry, I didn't realize a woman calling in a bomb threat on the Imagination was not worthy of Cruise Critic posting. :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect to get flamed so much for posting this. Wow.

no..it is not the threat that I am referring to..because that is serious...but as you say in this case it was found out early on not to be credible.....

I am just wondering why post something here and in the post actually say it is not credible.....it just appears like the spreading of rumors...

If you hadn't posted that you were a security professional..then it would be different and you can't be blamed....

But you posted that this is/was your business, so IMHO I would think that you should understand that posting something that you yourself say is not credible....is..say..unnecesscary.

However, many posters will thank you so much for this info and for how CCL responded to the incident.....but then again CCL did just what they were supposed to do...as they are trained to do....and unless there is posting on the CCL website..I will continue to be of the belief that by posting it here the main purpose was to sensationalize it.....

very true...and anyone who posted in response..me included...are guilty of the same sort of nonsense..:o

LOL, OP since we are supposed to believe your source as fact any chance you have a source with the future powerball numbers? Or the phone number for the tooth fairy, or the address for Santa? I would believe it if you told me the midnight buffet was at midnight.

Im amazed at some of the ignorance shown here these days. First off, the non-credible threat was referring to the "bomb" itself being of no credit. The situation obviously did take place and is therefore a credible incident in which many people like to hear about and how carnival handles them. He did not say his story was non-credible. Cruz thanks for the information. From the origanl post and from some replies I see carnival does take our safety as a serious concern and will investigate if deemed even somewhat credible.

Archived