Bomb Threat on Imagination

Are you serious? A bomb THREAT is a bomb THREAT regardless if there is a bomb or not. Having a threat on a major cruise line would make every news outlet out there. Do you not live in America? When you have thousands of people on a boat, do you not think this would be major? Some people... LOL :rolleyes:

The guy should not have posted a rumor and that is what it is, a rumor. The thread should be closed/deleted.

Did you hear about the Bomb threat on RCCl Mariner 2010

Probably not but i was there along with 3500 pax

We were stuck in limbo for 2hrs couldnt leave the secure area around the ship and couldnt board the ship.

We did get free drinks for an hour thou after everything got secured.:D

To the OP thanks for posting.

Carnival received a threat from Arkansas saying the Imagination would not make it to Cozumel due to a bomb on board. Apparently, it was made by some woman who was upset she got left behind by the ship somewhere. I wish I had more details right now, but the threat is not credible and I don't think this has hit the media yet.

Thanks for the info Cruzaholic. Look forward to reading about the outcome. :)

Seems a few people need the check this :rolleyes:

Are you serious? A bomb THREAT is a bomb THREAT regardless if there is a bomb or not. Having a threat on a major cruise line would make every news outlet out there. Do you not live in America? When you have thousands of people on a boat, do you not think this would be major? Some people... LOL :rolleyes:

The guy should not have posted a rumor and that is what it is, a rumor. The thread should be closed/deleted.

I was on the Fantasy or Fascination (can't remember which and I am not digging through my stuff to find it, too tired) out of Jacksonville and we woke to crew at our door in the middle of the last night. They were going room to room checking because someone had phoned in a bomb threat. Pretty sure it didn't make "every news outlet out there". I am not sure it even made one.

Thanks for the info Cruz.....I'm also a retired Federal Agent and keep in contact with those still protecting us. Providing the info was your way of continuing to protect and serve. These flamers are the same ones you put your life on the line for in a distinguished career. God bless you and those of

us who have chosen to "run into the bad situation" while the majority of people are running out :cool:"!

Sorry, I didn't realize a woman calling in a bomb threat on the Imagination was not worthy of Cruise Critic posting. :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect to get flamed so much for posting this. Wow.

I think what Cruzaholic41 meant by saying that it is not credible is that the probability of there actually being some type of explosive device on the ship is pretty low because the call was made by a ticked off lady. I don't think that he means that the story itself is not credible.

I am interesting to hear the story because one person was trying to make trouble for Carnival and that could end up having a negative impact on the current passengers who have to deal with the situation as shipboard personnel check things out - just in case. If I was a passenger on the ship I sure as heck would want her charged and prosecuted.

Cruzaholic41 - thanks for reporting what you heard and please keep us updated. Some people need to lighten up and stop to read a post before jumping to conclusions. :D

I skimmed the above posts...we were on the ship. The captain announced a "security threat" at approximately 10AM the morning we were heading to Cozumel. All cabins were searched and within about an hour there was announcement that the threat was not credible but action had to be taken to insure there was no "real" threat.

We thank Carnival for following through with their searches. It was a tad alarming knowing we were at sea and something was going on.

BTW they never told us what the "security threat" was but I did assume it was a bomb threat.

Wow, what a thread!

Thanks for posting cruz.

I'm amazed by all of the flaming "fact checkers" who came out of the woodwork on this. I bet these people wouldn't believe it unless Walter Cronkite rose from the grave and pronounced it true and yet they are the same people who believe every little negative rumor they hear about Carnival.

Im amazed at some of the ignorance shown here these days. First off, the non-credible threat was referring to the "bomb" itself being of no credit. The situation obviously did take place and is therefore a credible incident in which many people like to hear about and how carnival handles them. He did not say his story was non-credible. Cruz thanks for the information. From the origanl post and from some replies I see carnival does take our safety as a serious concern and will investigate if deemed even somewhat credible.[/QUOT

Very well said, I love when folks are clueless about word meaning.

Use to have a saying when my dd's would act crazy about stuff. 'Oh yeah that's right I send you to school to learn and what do you do ... lick the pages!':p

Carnival received a threat from Arkansas saying the Imagination would not make it to Cozumel due to a bomb on board. Apparently, it was made by some woman who was upset she got left behind by the ship somewhere. I wish I had more details right now, but the threat is not credible and I don't think this has hit the media yet.

Thanks for the post. I never thought about something like that ever happening on a ship. And the post about crew actually needing to come into the cabins is also an eye opener. Now if it ever happens to us I won't be quite so spooked. In addition, a few of our friends think we cruise too much, and are at risk for all sorts of dangers. When they get wind of this latest event and send us an e-mail, and they will, I will be prepared. I like being informed. Thanks again.

I am just wondering why post something here and in the post actually say it is not credible.....it just appears like the spreading of rumors...

You misunderstood what I meant by not credible. What wasn't credible was the threat of a bomb actually being on board. The threat did happen though.

If there was a legit bomb threat YESTERDAY, it would have hit the news by TODAY. Seems like a useless rumor that a janitor just started.

Oh please....I wager there are bomb threats far more often than what you hear. This one wasn't news worthy enough.

Why are people so freaking nasty around here lately? Good grief!

Thank you, halos. As I said early, I am a retired ICE agent. Prior to that position, I was a Customs inspector. A very small percentage of these types of incidents actually make the news.

Listem folks, I do understand that noone (well most of you), do not know me and I have no way of proving exactly what I do and know. The people I do know are on other boards, so they will likely not see this. But come on, why would I make something like this up? I'm not saying it's headline news. It's just some irate lady who was not allowed to board for some reason.

John Heald:

"some of you have been asking about a bomb threat on the Carnival Immagination.This turned out to be a non-credible threat and that we wish to extend our appreciation to the guests on the Carnival Imagination for their cooperation.

Such is the world we live in."

Thank you for posting this.

John Heald:

"some of you have been asking about a bomb threat on the Carnival Immagination.This turned out to be a non-credible threat and that we wish to extend our appreciation to the guests on the Carnival Imagination for their cooperation.

Such is the world we live in."

There's no such thing as a credible bomb threat. When something eventually does blow up the bad guys never give you an advance notice.

I can't remember ever reading of a bomb threat that actually turned up a bomb.:confused:

This is for those few of you who didn't want to believe this. It was mentioned on the roll call. No details though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1383407

FTR I believed you, and what difference does it make if you were lying about it anyway. I get so tickled when the 2nd post of the a thread is "source please".

I get so tempted to link them back to the same thread, since the OP is the source, sort of.

Why is it that people need to have a "source" for something on a cruise message board?

This is NOT CNN, ABC or some other credible news source.

This is a cruise message board where many people share their opinions and stories. If you are taking things that are posted here that seriously, I feel sorry for you.

While I do like to see more details about things like the OP posted, I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with him posting it without a "source".

BTW, thanks for posting the info.

Archived