All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Jenn can't answer your question, but it is good to see you posting. A lot of the gang from last year is once again on the Explorer, leaving in less than two weeks. Enjoy your float trip.

Good to "see" you too! ;) I so wish we could've joined ya'll again, and we probably would've but can't since Olivia won't be 6 months old then. :( We had a blast with everyone last year and will miss you all this time. I can't wait to hear about how your cruise is!!! Make sure you post pics on facebook or message me about your time. :)

We are travelling with my son, DIL and grandkids, 1/6/2012 (their first cruise). Curious about hot tubs and if children 7 and 13 can use the hot tubs?

Also, what restaurants other than the MDR and Windjammer serve meals or snacks at no charge. We just got off the Allure and had many options. Now I know the options on Explorer won't be as extensive,but was wondering if there are cafes, pizza, etc. at no additional charge to be found on this size ship. Other than the Allure, this will be the 2nd largest ship we've sailed on.

My apolgizes if this question has been answered before.

Nancy

We are travelling with my son, DIL and grandkids, 1/6/2012 (their first cruise). Curious about hot tubs and if children 7 and 13 can use the hot tubs?

Also, what restaurants other than the MDR and Windjammer serve meals or snacks at no charge. We just got off the Allure and had many options. Now I know the options on Explorer won't be as extensive,but was wondering if there are cafes, pizza, etc. at no additional charge to be found on this size ship. Other than the Allure, this will be the 2nd largest ship we've sailed on.

My apolgizes if this question has been answered before.

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Yes, the children can use the hot tubs near the main pools. The only ones they CAN'T use is one of the large ones that is designated for Adults Only near the main pools (there's a sign), and also the Solarium hot tubs are for 16 years old and older.

Cafe Promenade will have pizza, sandwiches, cakes, pastries, and cookies at no charge. They are open 24 hours. :)

Edited by ChristieNJ

Hi Nancy!

Yes, the children can use the hot tubs near the main pools. The only ones they CAN'T use is one of the large ones that is designated for Adults Only near the main pools (there's a sign), and also the Solarium hot tubs are for 16 years old and older.

Cafe Promenade will have pizza, sandwiches, cakes, pastries, and cookies at no charge. They are open 24 hours. :)

This has nothing to do with the subject. I just wanted to point out that this thread just doesn't have the same nostalgia as the old one started so long ago. **SIGH**:(

Edited by Ocean Boy

Has anyone ever done Blackbeard's Cay Beach Break in Nassau? Any guidance would be appreciated.

We did this tour in 2009. The facility was nice but it took a long time to get everyone loaded and the ferry ride was long. It seemed like we spent a lot of time going back and forth and not as much time at the beach as we would have liked. Also, when then brought us back they dropped us off near the Straw Market which was great if you wanted to shop but a much longer walk back to the ship. The ferry going there was right across from the ship. It would have been nice to have an option of going back there rather than the market. If I went back I would probably try the Sheraton.

Anne

We did this tour in 2009. The facility was nice but it took a long time to get everyone loaded and the ferry ride was long. It seemed like we spent a lot of time going back and forth and not as much time at the beach as we would have liked. Also, when then brought us back they dropped us off near the Straw Market which was great if you wanted to shop but a much longer walk back to the ship. The ferry going there was right across from the ship. It would have been nice to have an option of going back there rather than the market. If I went back I would probably try the Sheraton.

Anne

How far is the straw market from the ship? By the time we get back it will be 5:30 or 6--probably getting dark--and I don't want to have to walk from a semi-remote location. Did you book through the ship or directly with the company?

Great pic! DH, DS, and I will be sailing on EX June 2. I was trying to guess which suite was 1574 on deck ten. Anyone have a pic of cabin 1574?

We just came off of Explorer on Sunday and were in room 1574.

389039_2342331275694_1172332413_32201007_1131300075_n.jpg

gallery_136_198_226455.jpg

gallery_136_198_98522.jpg

gallery_136_198_113139.jpg

gallery_136_198_117001.jpg

gallery_136_198_108157.jpg

To the left of the bed (while looking at it) is the dressing table and a cabinet with the safe in it. There was a small coffee pot and electric kettle, which we didn't use.

The balcony had two chairs with a large table on one side and two lounge chairs on the other.

Edited by kleo30

We just came off of Explorer on Sunday and were in room 1574.

To the left of the bed (while looking at it) is the dressing table and a cabinet with the safe in it. There was a small coffee pot and electric kettle, which we didn't use.

The balcony had two chairs with a large table on one side and two lounge chairs on the other.

We are going to be in a GS on the starboard side in 9 days. Thanks for posting these. I am so excited! Hope you had a great cruise.

We are going to be in a GS on the starboard side in 9 days. Thanks for posting these. I am so excited! Hope you had a great cruise.

Autum I have a wild mind so wonder what "Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed." -Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier. is about?

I serched and found this.

The nineteenth century law of conservation of energy is a law of physics. It states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant over time. The total energy is said to be conserved over time. For an isolated system, this law means that energy can change its location within the system, and that it can change form within the system, for instance chemical energy can become kinetic energy, but that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. In the nineteenth century, mass and energy were considered as being of quite different natures.

Since Albert Einstein's theory of special relativity showed that energy has an equivalent mass (see mass in special relativity), and mass has an equivalent energy, one speaks of a law of conservation of mass-energy as an updated version of the nineteenth century law. All particles, both ponderable (such as atoms) and imponderable (such as photons), respectively have both mass equivalents and energy equivalents. The difference between ponderable and imponderable particles is that ponderable particles cannot ever be accelerated to move at lightspeed, while imponderable particles always move at lightspeed (at least as to their phase velocity; they can exist as standing waves in a cavity with extremely reflective walls).

The total mass and the total energy of a system may both be respectively defined in special relativity, but for each, its conservation law holds. Particles, both ponderable and imponderable, are subject to interconversions of form, in both creation and annihilation. Nevertheless, in an isolated system, conservation of total energy and conservation of total mass each holds as a separate law.

A consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that no intended "perpetual motion machine" can perpetually deliver energy to its surroundings.

Thanks in advance:):)

You're welcome. It was our first cruise; we had a most excellent time. And it's fun to be able to answer questions now instead of just asking them!!

Have a great trip!

Autum I have a wild mind so wonder what "Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed." -Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier. is about?

I serched and found this.

The nineteenth century law of conservation of energy is a law of physics. It states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant over time. The total energy is said to be conserved over time. For an isolated system, this law means that energy can change its location within the system, and that it can change form within the system, for instance chemical energy can become kinetic energy, but that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. In the nineteenth century, mass and energy were considered as being of quite different natures.

Since Albert Einstein's theory of special relativity showed that energy has an equivalent mass (see mass in special relativity), and mass has an equivalent energy, one speaks of a law of conservation of mass-energy as an updated version of the nineteenth century law. All particles, both ponderable (such as atoms) and imponderable (such as photons), respectively have both mass equivalents and energy equivalents. The difference between ponderable and imponderable particles is that ponderable particles cannot ever be accelerated to move at lightspeed, while imponderable particles always move at lightspeed (at least as to their phase velocity; they can exist as standing waves in a cavity with extremely reflective walls).

The total mass and the total energy of a system may both be respectively defined in special relativity, but for each, its conservation law holds. Particles, both ponderable and imponderable, are subject to interconversions of form, in both creation and annihilation. Nevertheless, in an isolated system, conservation of total energy and conservation of total mass each holds as a separate law.

A consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that no intended "perpetual motion machine" can perpetually deliver energy to its surroundings.

Thanks in advance:):)

That is GREAT! I have a crush on physics, but math and I have a hate/hate relationship. I can do math, I just detest it, so Physics wouldn't have been a field for me, though it fascinates me. I love this quote because it applies in a scientific way as well as a metaphysical one. :-)

You're welcome. It was our first cruise; we had a most excellent time. And it's fun to be able to answer questions now instead of just asking them!!

Have a great trip!

My first cruise was on Explorer as well...in a Junior Suite. I love this ship and love that I"m going to spend even more time on her this trip and in a GS for our honeymoon. May you have many more sailings in your future!

That is GREAT! I have a crush on physics, but math and I have a hate/hate relationship. I can do math, I just detest it, so Physics wouldn't have been a field for me, though it fascinates me. I love this quote because it applies in a scientific way as well as a metaphysical one. :-)

Thank you I often wonder about why folks add such to their postings. I think I now know/don't know what it implies. But smiles back at you!!:):)

How far is the straw market from the ship? By the time we get back it will be 5:30 or 6--probably getting dark--and I don't want to have to walk from a semi-remote location. Did you book through the ship or directly with the company?

It was maybe 15-20 minutes. We arrived back and it was still light but went to Hard Rock Cafe across the street and did end up walking back in the dark. There were a fair amount of people around but it was dark when we walked back from Hard Rock.

We did a ship's excursion. They have a small gift shop, one or two vendors, a bar and food stand.

Anne

OK...our family is going on Explorer for the first time in March, and we are having a discussion (ie. differences of opinion) on the various dining options on board. So, to set the record straight, could someone please give me a list of the various dining options...what does and doesn't cost, and roughly when they are open (ie. open specific hours, or open 24hrs, or just for dinner...something like that). I will be forever grateful.

Thank you

Edited by MillbrookMom

I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have a recent group fitness schedule from one of the longer itineraries? Trying to plan sea day workouts to combat the damage done with all the great food and drink.

I don't have the schedule but I did go to the gym every sea day (5 of them). I didn't do any of the classes, because the ones I was interested in were at like 7:00 or 7:30 a.m., and I usually didn't get there till about 8:00. They had the traditional Walk A Mile at around 9 a.m. on Deck 12, where the track is. They had free core classes, and other toning classes, but really no cardio class that I saw. The cardio they did have was spin, and that was a fee. They also had some pilates and/or classes for a fee as well.

This has nothing to do with the subject. I just wanted to point out that this thread just doesn't have the same nostalgia as the old one started so long ago. **SIGH**:(

So agree! Christie and I were saying just that last week!

I know, sad but true. :( The 'sequel' is never as good as the original! :p But I still love my Explorer to death...booked my 6th Explorer cruise for next November while onboard last week! :D