Cruise deposits

mauimaitai

My wife and I were on a Noordam cruise in November. We thought about booking a future cruise for the $100 per person deposit but never got around to it. Is there any way to do this now. I thought I read somewhere that this was possible! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Jerry

My wife and I were on a Noordam cruise in November. We thought about booking a future cruise for the $100 per person deposit but never got around to it. Is there any way to do this now. I thought I read somewhere that this was possible! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Jerry

I'm afraid that you're out of luck unless HAL has some kind of special sale with reduced deposits. I've seen, or at least think I've seen, a few of those sales over the years but have not paid much attention as they've been for times and itineraries we're not interested in.

I believe the $100 per person OBC for booking a future cruise of fourteen days or more while on a HAL ship is just that, for booking a future cruise while on a HAL ship. No credit if not booked while on a HAL ship.

There may well be other OBC's offered, but not the one for booking while on a HAL cruise.

Scott & Karen

I believe the $100 per person OBC for booking a future cruise of fourteen days or more while on a HAL ship is just that, for booking a future cruise while on a HAL ship. No credit if not booked while on a HAL ship.

There may well be other OBC's offered, but not the one for booking while on a HAL cruise.

Scott & Karen

deleted

There are times when HAL will have a special sale where the deposits are lowered -- you don't always get shipboard credit with this deal.

You can book ALMOST any cruise starting at 7 days while on a cruise getting the $100 deposits and getting shipboard credit:

Shipboard Credit:

7 - 10 days:

Inside - $25 per person

Outside - $25 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) - $35 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $50 per person

11+ days:

Inside - $50 per person

Outside - $50 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) - $75 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $100 per person

Please Note:

Deposit of $100 per person -- good for 4 years -- no refund of deposit.

This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion. Ship board credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. This offer or any unused portion is not redeemable for cash and is available to new bookings only.

This offer is not combinable with the World Cruise, Grand Voyages or segments thereof.

FCC's are only available on the ship. I wish I had bought two for each of us last time. Some TA's do offer other obc's though that can be used with/without the FCC obc and reduced deposits:)

FCC's are only available on the ship. I wish I had bought two for each of us last time. Some TA's do offer other obc's though that can be used with/without the FCC obc and reduced deposits:)

Our online TA is a big advocate of the FCC or even booking the next cruise while onboard. $100.00 pp gets you a reservation that is good until final payment is due. It took us a while to realize that, but since then we have at least one lined up before the end of every cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have to book a particular cruise if you can't make up your mind, you can give the on-board cruise consultant the $100pp and you will get an open booking reservation. I believe you have 4 yrs to book before it expires. Happy Sailing!

My wife and I purchased a future cruise on our last cruise in 2010, and she died in Jan 2011 before we could use the deposit. Does anyone know if I can transfer her credit to another guest and how I do it?

So sorry about the death of your wife.

Suggest you contact HAL ... altho the $100 deposit typically is nonrefundable and nontransferrable, you have a special circumstance. I am hopeful that HAL will work with you on an acceptable solution.

So sorry about the death of your wife.

Suggest you contact HAL ... altho the $100 deposit typically is nonrefundable and nontransferrable, you have a special circumstance. I am hopeful that HAL will work with you on an acceptable solution.

So sorry for your loss. I had a deposit transferred to my son since my husband was booking a cruise with our boys and I originally wasn't going to go along. So, yes it has been done. This was in the fall of 2009. We were using our Personal Cruise Consultant with HAL at the time to book the cruise and she took care of it. Now my son gets all my mariner emails. ;)

Diane

Archived