Sailing day upgrade

seb530

Im hoping someone has experience or knows the answer to this.

If, on sailing day, the ship isnt full - do they offer you the opportunity to purchase a cabin upgrade? Any idea typical upgrade prices?

Never yet been on a cruise where they admit that the ship is not full. On most occasions there is a sign on the purser's desk to say that the ship is full although it is patently obvious after a few days that it is no such thing:mad:

I suppose they must keep a certain amount of cabins free in order to have space to move people into if they have problems in their allocated cabins.

I suppose they must keep a certain amount of cabins free in order to have space to move people into if they have problems in their allocated cabins.

If you look in the PandO brochure for Azura for example it says;

"Normal operating capacity:3,100 passengers and 1,226 crew (maximum operating capacity: 3,574 passengers)"

That is a difference of 474, I wonder whatprompts them to use All their capacity??

If you look in the PandO brochure for Azura for example it says;

"Normal operating capacity:3,100 passengers and 1,226 crew (maximum operating capacity: 3,574 passengers)"

That is a difference of 474, I wonder whatprompts them to use All their capacity??

Children are the difference. All ships show lower berths as normal capacity. The extra are the extra berth usually filled by children.

Gan canny

Dai

Hi, not sure about this but we got our Info the other day and have been moved up two decks to R deck. Not sure if it had anything to do with me complaining about Thompson selling our cruise for a lot less a while back!

Shirl

This normally occurs when they have sold out of the cabin category you booked originally, and therefore enables them to sell your cabin again while at the same time moving you to another cabin that they will have a harder time to sell. (It is classed as an upgrade)

I hope you have checked the deck plan to check to establish what is above and below your new allocation, don't want to worry you but they sometimes move clients to such a cabin because they cant sell it for the noise etc above and below.

Yes, there is something to be said for choosing which cabin you want at the beginning even if it is a cheaper one. I was offered an upgrade once to a deck way above where we were. I declined as it was right under the pool.

Hi, not sure about this but we got our Info the other day and have been moved up two decks to R deck. Not sure if it had anything to do with me complaining about Thompson selling our cruise for a lot less a while back!

Shirl

If you are in a balcony cabin I am not sure I would consider this an upgrade, most Riviera balcony's on Azura suffer from an extra wide overhang from the Lido deck; as a result they are in much more shade than the lower decks.

Archived