Oceanview rooms on Marina

bocatraveler09

We stayed in 7074 and we did not experience any noise from above. The cabin was almost sound proof.

It is really a lovely cabin equal to the veranda cabins without the veranda of course.

The only point of critism is the shower. It is really tiny but this did not affect our decision to book it again.

Anybody please confirm that there is no way to open the window in oceanview room on Marina, or otherwise.

Thanks.

NO WAY at all I suspect

They are floor to ceiling windows

When was the last time anyone could open any window on any ship?

I never had a room without a balcony and booked a balcony cabin on Marina this time. I have noticed that the window cabins on Marina in a big demand. I was just wondering because the windows in the Marina oceanview look very different from any window cabin on the other ships that I saw the picture of. Thanks for your input anyway.

I never had a room without a balcony and booked a balcony cabin on Marina this time. I have noticed that the window cabins on Marina in a big demand. I was just wondering because the windows in the Marina oceanview look very different from any window cabin on the other ships that I saw the picture of. Thanks for your input anyway.

Then you must be fairly new to cruising. When we started there were almost no rooms with balconies. Usually the windows were just portholes, even in the finest cabins on luxury liners.

I agree: the windows on the Marina are quite unique!

Lowest cost cabins , as low and in center ship, same size cabin as B cabins. Nice ride in heavy sea conditions.

The oceanview cabins on the Marina are NOT the lowest cost cabins. There are two categories of inside cabins that are priced lower. However, I am sure you are right that they are fairly stable in heavy sea conditions. We booked one after I went to the hairdresser on one of the R ships and loved the view you get while sitting next to the window. With a veranda cabin, you'd have to be outside to get a similar view down to the water where at times there are small fish swimming about. We were in a veranda cabin on the maiden voyage of the Marina and there was too much noise around the sliding glass door area for us to get a good night's sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

We just disembarked from our lovely Marina oceanview cabin last Tuesday, Cabin 7069, chosen due to its excellent mid-ship location for queasy stomach me. (I only took one Bonine this trip, after we missed our one tender port, Visby, and the ship started rolling a little in the late afternoon).

The views were glorious, starboard side was great, and the only time I heard any noise at all from the deck below was the one night they had a jazz band playing in Martinis, rather than the pianist. That saxophone came right into the room somehow late that evening; I hope they do not have a jazz band play in that area again. Note, however, that I am very noise sensitive, and my husband said he did not hear anything.

We never heard any noise from the cabin above or outside our door. Very convenient location for the elevator, the Grand Dining Room, getting off the ship at ports, and for my favorite exercise of descending the fabulous Lalique staircase.

Starboard worked out great for us on port days.

This was the first cruise that I never went into the pool (due to cool weather), but it is much bigger so you actually can swim some laps in it, and one man did so!

Hi

Can anyone tell me if O has a shuttle from the ship to town in Livorno?

Thanks

The port of Livorno operates a shuttle from the ship to a central bus station in town (at least it did a year ago before Oceania itself added shuttles in some ports.) We took it in May 2011, then transferred to a bus running to the train station, which runs often. From there, we took the train to Lucca for a wonderful day in that historic walled city.

Archived