Does kmart sell wine in Ft Lauderdale?

sinned19

We are sailing out of Port Everglades and are staying at a spring hill suites in Ft Lauderdale the night before.Ther is a K mart near the hotel (we have no car) and I was wondering if they sold wine, and if, so is the selection pricing good?

We are sailing out of Port Everglades and are staying at a spring hill suites in Ft Lauderdale the night before.Ther is a K mart near the hotel (we have no car) and I was wondering if they sold wine, and if, so is the selection pricing good?

Yes, but the selection is not very good. Prices seem fair though. Hope they have something you like.

There is a BJ's Wholesale Store in the same shopping plaza as the Kmart, and they sell wine. So, if you have a BJ's membership, you can get wine there also. In fact, the BJ's is only a couple of doors down from the Kmart. But, be aware, that their selection also may not be very big.

Other places nearby (a mile or 2 cab ride away) that sell wine would be the Wallgreens on the corner of Federal Hwy and Stirling Rd, which is about a mile east of your hotel. There is also a Winn-Dixie supermarket and also a Publix supermarket on East Dania Beach Blvd, which is just east of Federal Hwy and just north of Stirling Rd (about 2 miles or so from Spring Hill Suites).

There is a BJ's Wholesale Store in the same shopping plaza as the Kmart, and they sell wine. So, if you have a BJ's membership, you can get wine there also. In fact, the BJ's is only a couple of doors down from the Kmart. But, be aware, that their selection also may not be very big.

Other places nearby (a mile or 2 cab ride away) that sell wine would be the Wallgreens on the corner of Federal Hwy and Stirling Rd, which is about a mile east of your hotel. There is also a Winn-Dixie supermarket and also a Publix supermarket on East Dania Beach Blvd, which is just east of Federal Hwy and just north of Stirling Rd (about 2 miles or so from Spring Hill Suites).

You do not need a BJ's membership to buy there. We were there in April and they have a separate entrance for the "liquor store" Walked right in, bought my rum, paid and right back out. It is a fenced off area in the front corner of the store.

The K-Mart in the Oakwood Plaza Mall is a short 5 minute walk across Stirling Road from the Spring Hill Suites. I would strongly disagree with the posters above who said they don't have a very good selection. I was quite surprised the first time I went into that store and saw how good a selection they had.

If they don't have what you want, though, BJ's is next door and they don't require a membership to buy liquor.

You do not need a BJ's membership to buy there. We were there in April and they have a separate entrance for the "liquor store" Walked right in, bought my rum, paid and right back out. It is a fenced off area in the front corner of the store.

You are correct: You do not need a BJ's membership to buy from the BJ's Liquor Store (which is separate from the main store). But, they do not sell wine in the liquor store. The OP asked about wine, which is sold in the main store where a membership card is needed to enter.

You are correct: You do not need a BJ's membership to buy from the BJ's Liquor Store (which is separate from the main store). But, they do not sell wine in the liquor store. The OP asked about wine, which is sold in the main store where a membership card is needed to enter.

That is correct. Wine is sold in the main store in club stores here, and you do need a membership to enter the main store. You can get a free day pass on the bj's website, but you pay a 15% premium of your purchases and it is not valid on "alcohol" (I'm not sure if that means wine or just liquor).

• 3 years later...
Is wine sold in Kmart on Sundays in Florida?

In the State of Florida, you cannot purchase alchohol until 12 noon on Sundays,,,funniest sight you will see in a Florida Publix on a Sunday is people lined up in aisles, with their carts of beer and wine,,,waiting for noon so that they can check out. So hopefully, you will get there early enough on Saturday to make your purchases then.

Is wine sold in Kmart on Sundays in Florida?

In the State of Florida, you cannot purchase alchohol until 12 noon on Sundays,,,funniest sight you will see in a Florida Publix on a Sunday is people lined up in aisles, with their carts of beer and wine,,,waiting for noon so that they can check out. So hopefully, you will get there early enough on Saturday to make your purchases then.
Not true. It varies by county. In Miami you can purchase before noon.

Walgreens is close to the north port entrance...corner of SE17th St and Eisenhower Blvd. They sell wine.

Thanks Sharon! Is it near enough for an old lady to walk? I hear they closed 17th St. .???

The Walgreens is probably a good 1 1/2 to 2 miles or so depending on the pier and I'm not that sure it is all that pedestrian friendly although one occasionally sees crew members doing the walk. Several years ago we were on a b2b and early afternoon on turn around day we took a taxi to a store just beyond the Walgreens and had the taxi wait while we grabbed a couple items to return. Sorry but I can't remember the cab fare but don't remember it being too high. The straight cab fare, not including waiting time, would be under $10 to that spot. There also is a Total Wine and a Publix grocery store in a shopping center less than 1/2 mile further than Walgreens.

Edited by Lsimon