off way off topic but a hoot

ClaudiaF

Just was informed that I won .. I never win anything.

anyone who will be on KLM next month may be flying on my plane..

my face will adorn the side of one

won the cool prize..

how amazing:D?

won the cool prize..

That is amazing. Unfortunately ST planes are the last ones I would fly but would love to see the picture of it (if you get it).

Congratulations - I guess :)

won the cool prize..

Cool...

Does anything come with it? Like they let you fly inside for free?

Sorry - it is FT (FlyerTalk) lingo for SkyTeam alliance. Horrible FF program with impossible award redemptions. Their rewards, SkyMiles, are also known as SkyPesos - you get the idea.

I am a OW (One World) loyalist where obtaining and redeeming miles is a "piece of cake".

BTW, just got 225,000 AA miles for opening 3 Citi cards (2 for Marsha and one for me)- not bad for a day's "work" :D

Lyn, Marsha thanks you and says Hi to you.

Sorry - it is FT (FlyerTalk) lingo for SkyTeam alliance. Horrible FF program with impossible award redemptions. Their rewards, SkyMiles, are also known as SkyPesos - you get the idea.

I am a OW (One World) loyalist where obtaining and redeeming miles is a "piece of cake".

Thank for the explanation

We do not fly enough to worry about FF miles :D

I do like KLM & AC

Lyn

Thank for the explanation

We do not fly enough to worry about FF miles :D

I do like KLM & AC

Lyn

Have you thought about getting a Starwoods card?

The points NEVER expire and you can use them for hotel, flights or even restaurants with no blackout dates.

www.starwoodhotels.com

We've stayed at some amazing properties through this card.

Fully agree with JimandStan re Starwood, particularly for travel in Europe - amazing!

For Canadians (not Americans :D) you can get 20,000 Starwood points for applying right now for their Amex card.

Downside is the $120 annual fee but the 20,000 points is enough for 1 night in a cat 6 hotel or a couple nights in a lower cat hotel.

Have you thought about getting a Starwoods card?

The points NEVER expire and you can use them for hotel, flights or even restaurants with no blackout dates.

www.starwoodhotels.com

We've stayed at some amazing properties through this card.

That is my favorite card as well for everyday spending.

But I could not pass the opportunity to get 75,000 AA miles for opening a Citi Visa. No annual fee for first year and I will cancel it before the year is out. Ditto for Citi Amex. I won't use either card past the required spend of $1,500 in 6 months (not hard to do at all with several cruises coming up).

How can you pass the opportunity for 225K miles like this? And if I had a business I could get another 75K miles for a business Visa.

That is how we fly business to get to our overseas cruises :D

Fully agree with JimandStan re Starwood, particularly for travel in Europe - amazing!

For Canadians (not Americans :D) you can get 20,000 Starwood points for applying right now for their Amex card.

Downside is the $120 annual fee but the 20,000 points is enough for 1 night in a cat 6 hotel or a couple nights in a lower cat hotel.

I usually (but not always) convert my SPG points to miles 1:1.25. Even 5* hotels are more affordable (relatively speaking) than business class tickets to Asia or Australia. For hotels I often use points & cash option.

YMMV

That is my favorite card as well for everyday spending.

But I could not pass the opportunity to get 75,000 AA miles for opening a Citi Visa. No annual fee for first year and I will cancel it before the year is out. Ditto for Citi Amex. I won't use either card past the required spend of $1,500 in 6 months (not hard to do at all with several cruises coming up).

How can you pass the opportunity for 225K miles like this? And if I had a business I could get another 75K miles for a business Visa.

That is how we fly business to get to our overseas cruises :D

First of all, congratulations to Claudia. We'll be in Europe next month so we'll look at the KLM planes to see whose pic is on it. Of course, if they have women's pics on more than one plane, we won't know if it is you. But, it'll be fun just seeing a pic on the side of the plane! What did you do to win this honor?

Paulchill: congratulations to you for getting 225K miles. I opened up a business Visa a while back and got 75K which will help make me platinum for life (2M miles) on AA this month!!! BTW, I thoroughly enjoy FT!!!!

Paulchill: congratulations to you for getting 225K miles. I opened up a business Visa a while back and got 75K which will help make me platinum for life (2M miles) on AA this month!!! BTW, I thoroughly enjoy FT!!!!

Thanks to FT I too made lifetime Platinum on AA last year - much less than 10% of it by actually flying. Both FT and CC are awesome :).

Congrats on your LT PL!!

Claudia - sorry, I am way off topic from your way off topic thread :D.

Archived