NCL Sun

medcoder4

I am looking at the Dec 3rd 2011 cruise for 14 days on the Sun. I would like any info/photos etc of mini suites and above to see which level cabin we would like to have. We love the butlers etc but is the cost really worth it? We had a suite on a celebrity ship and it was definitely worth it. Thanks for any info in advance!

The Sun is one of our favorite ships and we usally book a stern cabin, have had 0065 and on our next cruise with NCL will have 9076. We had a Halloween party in 0065 with approx. 18 people. Our Butler was fabulous as he put out a really great spread of food for our party. Brought extra chairs for the balcony and even rearranged the room. The stern SE's have a bedroom separate from the living area and a really nice bath with tub and a regular shower (not a combo). Nice dressing area with make-up table.

What we really enjoyed was doing the bar set-up for the party--brought in extra glasses, plates, napkins ect. and mixers.

If I can find the roll call from our sailing we had a lot of pix on there!

We always do a suite as cruise only once or twice a year----just love the perks!!;)

get the full suite! They are so nice on the Sun. There are fewer suites on the ship so they really go that extra mile. If you go with the mini you won't be disappointed. The minis on the Sun are the nicest, IMHO. They are large with a wonderfull separate dressing room and bathroom with a full tub!

We booked a mini on the Star next and even though we enjoyed the cruise it was nothing like the mini on the Sun!

I am looking at the Dec 3rd 2011 cruise for 14 days on the Sun. I would like any info/photos etc of mini suites and above to see which level cabin we would like to have. We love the butlers etc but is the cost really worth it? We had a suite on a celebrity ship and it was definitely worth it. Thanks for any info in advance!

We are on that B2B cruise starting December 3rd, as are several others. You can look at the Roll Call section for the Sun for that date, and there are a number of posts already from folks doing the B2B

We love the Sun...the suite is worth it for us, although you will hear from some that they would rather take their cruising dollars and do more cruises, as opposed to getting a suite.

The suite gives you lots of benefits...the breakfast and lunch in Il Adagio, the butler service, the concierge, priority boarding and disembarking for post tours...

Hopefully you will join us!!

I also am a huge fan of the aft penthouses on the Sun. Sailed in 9076 in 2009 (14 night) and will again in 2013 (11 night). Couldn't see myself on the Sun in anything else. There's only 20 Suites on the Sun. One concierge and two butlers to spoil you!

as TRAVELER916 posted come join our Roll Call--both Roll Calls are in my signature.

i am on the B2B for these sailings:)

HOPE to see ya there!!

altho we havent ENJOYED the "suite" life, we did ENJOY the SUN last December for 2 weeks!

If you decide that you can't swing a full suite, the mini's on the stern are really large and might be the compromise to make. IMHO, the side mini's aren't worth the upcharge from the balcony price but if you can find a deal on the stern ones, we think they are.

We had a forward mini on the Sun in Jan. and loved it. There were 3 of us (myself, DH and DS (18)) and it was a good size for 3 people. Loved the bathroom, nice and large and the closet was huge as well.

as TRAVELER916 posted come join our Roll Call--both Roll Calls are in my signature.

i am on the B2B for these sailings:)

HOPE to see ya there!!

altho we havent ENJOYED the "suite" life, we did ENJOY the SUN last December for 2 weeks!

We'll have to have you up to the suite to enjoy a drink, Starfish. :)

Archived