Cruise Deals on short notice

BoardwalkBabe

No, on the upper left there is a pull down menu for "Special Deals", but they are usually a month out and often much further than that. As far as I know HAL closes it's reservations several weeks out in order to assign "Guarantee" cabins.

Your favourite on line TA will offer last minute deals from 90 days out.

Of course, if there is a special ship or a special itinerary you run the risk of it being sold out;)

Good question as I've wondered about this too. I've met folks from Florida that say they sign up for some cruiselines last minute vacancies but say you have to be a Florida resident to qualify for those offers. Does the same apply to Washington State for Seattle cruises?

Hello, is there a place on HAL's website to sign up for last minute deals? We receive them from another cruise line (two to three weeks notice) and was wondering if HAL offered the same thing.

This url might help. Weekly from HAL

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/FlashOffers.action?destCode=&specialOfferType=Flash&specialOfferCode=

As far as I know HAL closes it's reservations several weeks out in order to assign "Guarantee" cabins.
I don't believe that is correct. Within about three weeks of sailing, while assignments are being done, cabin classes are often marked as "Call for Price and Availability". I believe the absolute cut-off for a ship sailing from the US is 24 hours.

That said, we live in FL and have asked a couple of times to be put on a short-notice list for ports we can drive to, and have never gotten a call. :(

On the weekend there was an ad in the local newspaper for a "last minute Alaska, 7 day cruise, price too low to advertise, only 5 left". Had to call the agency to find out what line, etc.

Although I rarely see anything like this, I would love to be on a list for such last minute cruises. TA's don't really seem interested in this, whether because there aren't many last minute cruises on offer or their clients have very little interest in them.

You have to do a lot of searching the HAL site, for the following few weeks and you can see what is still available and the pricing.

Archived