Laundry

We will be sailing on The Pearl next year on a B2B European Cruise. I just learned that there is no self-laundry facility or irons for us to use. I do have the choice of paying for my laundry or dry cleaning.

I have some concerns about having the laundry done for us. I know they will wash and fold the clean clothes. But, we may still need to press certain items. My husband's clothes really aren't wash and wear.

I'm hoping that those of you who have experienced such cruises could give me some laundry survival tips.

Thanks

You do mean Jewel of the Seas, not "Pearl", correct?

RCCL does a great job with laundry and dry cleaning and pressing. We've used the service many, many times and never been dissapointed. And the price is fair.

Send out all you care to and have no worries.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

We will be sailing on The Pearl next year on a B2B European Cruise. I just learned that there is no self-laundry facility or irons for us to use. I do have the choice of paying for my laundry or dry cleaning.

I have some concerns about having the laundry done for us. I know they will wash and fold the clean clothes. But, we may still need to press certain items. My husband's clothes really aren't wash and wear.

I'm hoping that those of you who have experienced such cruises could give me some laundry survival tips.

Thanks

Did you mean the Jewel? I believe you can send things down for "pressing" only. We used the ships laundry last time for our jeans, slacks, pajamas, and undies & socks. The jeans and slacks came back clean, pressed & hanging in the closet. It was the nicest our jeans have ever looked! (I don't usually press our jeans.) I think the pajamas, and the rest we crammed in a bag that was to be washed and folded for twenty dollars if I remember correctly.

For your husband's clothes that are not wash & wear, could they be dry cleaned? The ship has dry cleaning services also.

Hope that helps you. We really enjoyed the Jewel last time we were on her. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks

Hi Cathy and yes, I know you meant Jewel........though she is a gem.:D

Since consecutive cruising is what we normally do, we do use the ship's laundry and have been very pleased with the results. If I want something washed in cold water, I tell them.

Also, you may want to look into packing things that can be washed out in the cabin and hung to dry with no ironing necessary. Some of today's fabrics are wonderful for travel.

See you on board.

I am so embarrassed. I meant the Jewel. My mind is way too cluttered.

Thank you for your help. I feel much better with this info.

With the wash & fold service, are the clothes too wrinkled to wear (ie-Tshirts)?

Cathy

With the wash & fold service, are the clothes too wrinkled to wear (ie-Tshirts)?

Cathy

They are folded like you would be storing them in a drawer.

Here's what I do: I buy a travel size spray bottle of something, anything, at Walmart, the Dollar Store, somewhere with travel sized products. Empty the bottle and wash it out good. Let it air dry,and pack it in your luggage. Then, fill it with water when you get on the ship.

I keep it handy and spray clothes that get "hanging" wrinkles, or come back from the wash 'n fold with creases. I smooth the damp fabric with my hand, and within a few minutes it's ready to go!

I do this with all my husband's rayon and silk tropical shirts.

Cathy

If you want me to be honest..........it all depends on the ship. On Jewel, we had no problem.

Archived