Ideal rooms on the Century

g8rchic

I am interested in sailing on the Century (roundtrip from Vancouver) to Alaska on August 28. After reading the boards, I definitely plan to have at least a balcony room. Can anyone suggest which side of the ship, which deck, or which rooms I should try to get. I would love to spend a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the scenery.

I would look at the itinerary and choose the side of the ship that is going to be facing land the most, unless you want to look at the ocean more, then choose the other side. We are going on the Century twice in the next 9 months, for December we chose an inside room as it was a last minute decision squeezed in amongst other holidays, and next February we have chosen a concierge class balcony room that will face the coastline of Australia as we sail around. If you do a search on Century there are a lot of suggestions for rooms such as ones with bigger balconies etc.

From my research, and just my opinion, I would not choose a Century Suite which are aft on the penthouse deck (although have read how some people love them) as the balconies are not very private - they are quite open to the sunset bar above them! Also they have a normal glass door onto the balcony instead of a sliding glass door.

I also would not choose the aft Sunset Veranda rooms on Sports deck, as they are almost in full view of the Sunset Bar. There are photos on here showing the balconies from the bar, and they are quite open to inspection from guests at the bar.

Hope this helps, and I am sure other people will have different views and suggestions!

I would look at the itinerary and choose the side of the ship that is going to be facing land the most, unless you want to look at the ocean more, then choose the other side. We are going on the Century twice in the next 9 months, for December we chose an inside room as it was a last minute decision squeezed in amongst other holidays, and next February we have chosen a concierge class balcony room that will face the coastline of Australia as we sail around. If you do a search on Century there are a lot of suggestions for rooms such as ones with bigger balconies etc.

From my research, and just my opinion, I would not choose a Century Suite which are aft on the penthouse deck (although have read how some people love them) as the balconies are not very private - they are quite open to the sunset bar above them! Also they have a normal glass door onto the balcony instead of a sliding glass door.

I also would not choose the aft Sunset Veranda rooms on Sports deck, as they are almost in full view of the Sunset Bar. There are photos on here showing the balconies from the bar, and they are quite open to inspection from guests at the bar.

Hope this helps, and I am sure other people will have different views and suggestions!

Hey Yvette,:) OT for a minute but I look forward to meeting you.

I am going on the 3 nighter Reflection sailing in 2012;)

I am interested in sailing on the Century (roundtrip from Vancouver) to Alaska on August 28. After reading the boards, I definitely plan to have at least a balcony room. Can anyone suggest which side of the ship, which deck, or which rooms I should try to get. I would love to spend a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the scenery.

Hi, I was on Century last month..wish I could go back with you!

Just want to wish you a wonderful cruise:D:):D

I was just in 9150 and my in-laws were in 9155. Good location and not noisy. We did hear someone complain on the penthouse deck about the noise above, which I can imagine on a cruise that uses the pool could get to be quite a lot.

We did not find one room better than the other for viewing. There was one day we had a great view when we woke up and they did not, but then another day they woke up to a great view and we had nothing. I specifically chose our rooms to be the same one on either side of the ship so we could have both views (plus my father-in-law wanted our rooms to be side by side and this was a good reason not to do that!). Given the itinierary is round trip and inside passage it might not matter as much which side.

Hi,

During November 2010, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Century in the Caribbean in stateroom 9100 (a category C1--Concierge Class room). This stateroom was quite and ideally located. Also, the balcony was nice.

Chuck

Hi there!:) DH and I are booked for this cruise--our first! Found these boards to be an invaluable resource, and a great assistance when making decisions, such as which cabin to take. We chose Vista Deck (9), port side. We also went Consierge Class, not so much for the perks, which we hear are not that great, but for cabin location--mid ship, middle'ish deck. As is our first cruise, wanted to decrease chances of any possibility of sea sickness. We also chose port side, so that we would have ocean sunsets, from our balcony, northbound, and shore line, south--although through the passages is all shorelines (I think). Good luck with all your planning, and if you do choose to take this cruise, be sure to join our Roll Call.:D

Hi, During November 2010, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Century in the Caribbean in stateroom 9100 (a category C1--Concierge Class room). This stateroom was quite and ideally located. Also, the balcony was nice. Chuck

Thanks for that info. We are going on our first Celbrity cruise on Century in Dec 2011, and have booked a C1 one just a few doors along from the stateroom you had. Great to hear its quiet and in a good location.

We generally try to book Mid Ships, Mid deck and a few doors away from an elevator.:)

Hi David, we are on the Century not long after you (Dec 24) and have an inside cat 10, 8083. But then we are back on in Feb 2012 and have picked a C2, 1098 that I think looks good. I saw a comment somewhere on here that people had stayed in the room next door and it was quiet and a good location. Can't wait! I love all of the new ships coming to Australia and New Zealand!:D

Hi David, we are on the Century not long after you (Dec 24) and have an inside cat 10, 8083. But then we are back on in Feb 2012 and have picked a C2, 1098 that I think looks good. I saw a comment somewhere on here that people had stayed in the room next door and it was quiet and a good location. Can't wait! I love all of the new ships coming to Australia and New Zealand!:D

Hi there ,

You will be getting on as we disembark:D

Yes ,1098 is a good position . We really like to be just a few doors down from the elevators. May not sound a big deal, but you do end up walking a long way on cruise ships. :D. I always seem to come back a lot fitter. On Dawn Princess we scored a good deal on a balcony cabin, but then discovered it was the furtherest away from the stairwells and the elevator you could get.:eek:

Archived