Cruise Photos is there a easier way??

They will not sell you someone elses photos!!!!

Any unsold ones are given to the Cruise Director to give away as prizes on the next cruise:D:D

That's a real shame because there are so many people that look much better than me all dressed up, I was thinking of cutting the head off and adding my head then hey presto! instantly slim. Much better than all that dieting.

Paul

That's a real shame because there are so many people that look much better than me all dressed up, I was thinking of cutting the head off and adding my head then hey presto! instantly slim. Much better than all that dieting.

Paul

lol...and visa versa if you have a dropped pie for a head and a body of a demi-god you can cut out some of the nice looking peoples scones and paste em on your body. Then you could say you spent the whole cruise in Spa treatments and port days under the knife and being jabbed at Backyard Betty's Botox Boutique...:D

Maybe we can start up the "CC Citizens Against Desperate People Scabbing to Survive" milita that could go along way to helping the authorities stamp out this terrible blight in our communities?..:D

I'll remember that next time I see some poor homeless bugga trying to find their next feed or something warm to wear and let them know that wonderful piece of informative information that they're a thief and stealing.

Maybe he's trying to equate his theft of the towels from onboard with their situation?

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to talk to you about.

Seriously?!?! What is your problem?? Can I please remind you that this was a thread on cruise photos, so I bring in a personal story saying that I am willing to pay the price the cruiseships charge for a photo and that's waht you come up with??

If you are trying to implicate that I am stupid, I do take offence to that, if however you really are talking about a deal of selling me the Brooklyn Bridge, than please explain how we are going to do that. I've just graduated from Law school and work in a conveyancing firm at the moment, so I can make up the contracts if the price is right.

Now why don't we get back to the original post and talk about cruise photos.

I'm sorry, but I just find that post that you made quite unnecessary (quite like this one to be honest) I come on here as a cruise lover to talk to other cruise lovers and share our stories, I don't get these nasty posts that don't even contribute to any knowledge about cruising at all.

Seriously?!?! What is your problem?? Can I please remind you that this was a thread on cruise photos, so I bring in a personal story saying that I am willing to pay the price the cruiseships charge for a photo and that's waht you come up with??

If you are trying to implicate that I am stupid, I do take offence to that, if however you really are talking about a deal of selling me the Brooklyn Bridge, than please explain how we are going to do that. I've just graduated from Law school and work in a conveyancing firm at the moment, so I can make up the contracts if the price is right.

Now why don't we get back to the original post and talk about cruise photos.

I'm sorry, but I just find that post that you made quite unnecessary (quite like this one to be honest) I come on here as a cruise lover to talk to other cruise lovers and share our stories, I don't get these nasty posts that don't even contribute to any knowledge about cruising at all.

Wow! :eek:

hey you lot...can i play moderator here for a tick..

lets all be nice plz :D...ok so this thread has slightly gone off skew..

well unfortunatley its hard ta keep on track sometimes and sometimes stuff is said that can be misconstrude..that is the internet for you something that is typed can be taken the wrong way as we are not talking face ta face txting is the same..I know that more than most as I'm more often than not taken the wrong way :D..anyhow we all have opinions, I suggest we dont take ourselves too seriously and this is cruise critic so I guess sometimes we can be critical...can we just not get personal and have fun even when topics stray :)

I am ashamed to say that I went on a cruise once with someone who took photos with his own digital camera of the photos that were up on the display he printed them himself when he got home.

To be honest they didn't come out too bad.

Paul

I am ashamed to say that I went on a cruise once with someone who took photos with his own digital camera of the photos that were up on the display he printed them himself when he got home.

To be honest they didn't come out too bad.

Paul

lol thats funny but pretty cheap :D...he must not live in W.A as with all our mining $ we use cruise photo's for toilet paper :eek::o:)

Can anyone tell me how to post Photos on this forum

Happy to help Flipper...;)

1.First you need to upload your photo to Webshots (that's the site I use).Create an account if you don't have one there.

2.Click on the photo you want to post.

3.Look for a big green square that says "download this photo", below it is a yellow box with a bunch of icons.

4. Click on the first icon labelled "link to it" and select the size 100-600 (600 is best and biggest).

5. Now click on the "direct link to image" box to highlight it. Right click on the highlight and choose "copy".

6. Now go to the editor frame at the CC forum and click on the little yellow square labelled "insert image" icon.

7. A box will com up where you can paste the "http://" address that you copied from the webshots page. Click "OK" on that box and your picture will show up in the editor frame.

Good luck.

Just to add a bit more re posting photos.

Heres an example from the the P&O site.

Found this pic of Pacific Dawn. By right clicking on it and then selecting properties it comes up as

http://www.pocruises.com.au/Galleries/Ships/PacificDawn/_w/pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

However if you put color] in front of that and [color=Red] at the end it turns it into the image.

pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

Last month on the Celebrity Infinity we were able to swipe our seapass card at one of the photo computer screens and all of our photos were there. They had a face recognition program in place. They still printed and displayed a lot of photos but not all. It was definitely quicker & easier than browsing through hundreds of photos.

This computerized technique is also available on the Norwegian EPIC. It makes life a whole lot easier!

Last month on the Celebrity Infinity we were able to swipe our seapass card at one of the photo computer screens and all of our photos were there. They had a face recognition program in place. They still printed and displayed a lot of photos but not all. It was definitely quicker & easier than browsing through hundreds of photos.

The house of Mouse--"Disney" parks have it done right--you receive a card resembling a credit card upon entry to the park (which in the case of cruising could be your cabin key) and everytime a photo is to be taken hand them the card they scan it, take photos and now all photos are attached to that person. Later Just go to a kiosk and all photos are there for viewing,cropping and selecting sizes. No more you must buy an 8 x 10 because we printed it that way. I wish Carnival would adopt something like this.

PhotoPass at the Disney Resorts would be awesome on a cruise ship. You already have the card (your room key). You only print out the photos you want, the way you want. You can purchase a CD of all your photos. You can go online and purchase your pictures after the cruise. With PhotoPass your pictures are available for 30 days online.

pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

Even easier, is to click on the address from properties then click the picture icon at the top of the reply box (underneath the back arrow). It has a place to enter the URL and puts in the bits for you.

pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

It worked for me Sandi...too easy. Thanks for that tip.

Just to add a bit more re posting photos.

Heres an example from the the P&O site.

Found this pic of Pacific Dawn. By right clicking on it and then selecting properties it comes up as

http://www.pocruises.com.au/Galleries/Ships/PacificDawn/_w/pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

However if you put color] in front of that and [color=red] at the end it turns it into the image.

pdawn-1_jpg.jpg

Thanks for your help on all this..maybe you lot can post a new thread on how to do this so everyone can work it out..:)..guess it like everthing simple when you know how lol

I am one thats buys the photos............ I just add it in to the cost of the cruise. I agree isn't it better to sell 80% of their stock than to shred it?

On our last TA from Venice, NCL Gem, I almost (yes almost) walked out because of the cost $12.95 (the cheapest) to $19.95, come on guys, they know most of us want one, after all how many of us will sail from Venice (or that/this port ) again. Halloween night, dressed up and again I paid $19.95 ea for their 8x10's (only size offered) cause they were so cool.........they had me. After all how many times do we get to dress up looking silly and have great photos to show it? Being a scrapbooking addict it helps to have those photos when I get around to working on the album "where was that"? I will admit, I spent less than normal because of price.

There will always be the couple who will take the pic with their camera, has sticky fingers, the group that buys one and makes copies for the others and friends too tight to buy their own but want a copy of yours once your back home........hummmm What do they do....over charge the rest of us!

Years later I am glad I spent the $$ for the pic...after all how much are those drinks your drinking!

Yup they have custom PDA with wireless that uploads pictures to some central location so not only is it personal but immediate as well. It is a nice system, but talking to some of the photographers at ESPN sportszone they said it was proprietary, but I smell a business opportunity for high volume place.

But even with that won't stop the mutiple pages of complaints about the photographers, prices or whatever else.

And you can of course than even easier use your own camera to snap pictures of the pictures you like too

:D

The house of Mouse--"Disney" parks have it done right--you receive a card resembling a credit card upon entry to the park (which in the case of cruising could be your cabin key) and everytime a photo is to be taken hand them the card they scan it, take photos and now all photos are attached to that person. Later Just go to a kiosk and all photos are there for viewing,cropping and selecting sizes. No more you must buy an 8 x 10 because we printed it that way. I wish Carnival would adopt something like this.

Archived