Cruise Photos is there a easier way??

The Big M has just confirmed what I thought I'd heard. It's not P&O or Princess who make the charges. Actually on our last cruise I found the prices cheaper and they had some really good photos I couldn't resist. (Don't know how they make them look so good when they have them printed so quickly.)

Just a little info about these photo's on the cruise ships.

any one can buy your photo's and you can not stop them.

unless you can get the photo people to stop it from the start of your cruise.

Why on earth would anyone want to buy anyone else's photos? :confused: Have you tried it?

About ten years ago thier was a old guy over the north side of Brisbane that would go around the coles and target stores and get all the broken toys out of the bins, if they could be fixed, he would fix them and then give them to to then local charities for then children.

He did get charged but it was thrown out of court.

these day and is has been done for long time know coles wolles and target and the most stores, use compactors and lock there bins so this can not happen, it is also done for safty has well, because some people sleep in these bins.

I find it unfair that they lock there bins now :(...in the old days this was the only way I could afford to cruise, those compactors can be comfy esp if they had thrown out out of date marshmellows and with a bit of work I could fasion into a futton (be it a sticky one)..my 15 kids used to love me at xmas when I would come home with an assortment of broken toys and a tin of spam from 1939 :D...good things dont last I guess esp when they start the compactor up I wish I could say I had R2D2 to call on to extracate myself from the compactor every time they decide that I maybe getting to comfy in my futton but this is sadly not the case a 3 month old french bread stick does not stop a compactor compacting..others beware :D

On a different note facial recognition will obviously go along way to solving the waste problem cause by those mad paparazzi snapping fiends ..maybe they can also include finger printing, retina scans and DNA testing which should whittle down the people who wish to buy over priced photo's..:) ...It will also stop people buying other peoples photos which seems a tad strange to me????

Bahaha! Scurve, :D I hereby award you a tall-story award.

StoryTeller__Badge03.jpg

You can add it to the collection if you like. :)

lol its a good tall story but..:)

Ummm...I think I've lost count on how many awards I have in my collection but??? :o ..anyway thanks :D

I find it unfair that they lock there bins now :(...in the old days this was the only way I could afford to cruise, those compactors can be comfy esp if they had thrown out out of date marshmellows and with a bit of work I could fasion into a futton (be it a sticky one)..my 15 kids used to love me at xmas when I would come home with an assortment of broken toys and a tin of spam from 1939 :D...good things dont last I guess esp when they start the compactor up I wish I could say I had R2D2 to call on to extracate myself from the compactor every time they decide that I maybe getting to comfy in my futton but this is sadly not the case a 3 month old french bread stick does not stop a compactor compacting..others beware :D

On a different note facial recognition will obviously go along way to solving the waste problem cause by those mad paparazzi snapping fiends ..maybe they can also include finger printing, retina scans and DNA testing which should whittle down the people who wish to buy over priced photo's..:) ...It will also stop people buying other peoples photos which seems a tad strange to me????

you may joke about three month old french breadbut here in Qld food waste can not be mixed with any other type of waste from cole wollies and a like so your R2D2 will be safe.

on the safty side there has been a few case in qld that people slepping in these bins are killed by way getting crushed by the compacktor trucks when the bins are emtyed.

you may joke and i would not expect any thing else from you and your mate sandie with her tell a tail award.

in fact sandie the guy lived out your way if you would to check it out for your self.

Funny how threads turn from the original topic....and people become precious :D

OH&S laws what rule and regulate business.....nothing more nothing less. Blame the government/s that food is going to waste or people can't get the broken toys.....not the businesses. Oh yeah, and the ability for people to sue those businesses, thanks to the US mentality that is now devouring OZ.

Hmmm here's a novel idea............perhaps if the government/s actually provided shelter for homeless people they wouldn't have to sleep in bins :eek:

I wonder who will get the Precious Princess award for today LOL

What does taking something AFTER it has been thrown out got to do with stealing something when it is still for sale?
The law states what is in your bin on the your property or the property you rent or lease is yours, and untill it is on public land or property eg foot path and any thing taken from said bin is consitard as thealing.

Funny how threads turn from the original topic....and people become precious :D

So true - and can't separate the chaff from the hay. Siigggghhh! :rolleyes:

I wonder who will get the Precious Princess award for today LOL

Certainly not me, Deb! :D

Bahahaha I had to laugh at that one Sludger, It can't really be that bad Could it:D:eek:

I also enjoy getting my photo taken, but I also find the prices quite reasonable (unlike most other people here), but that could be due to me not having kids and all the money I earn goes to me (Don't even have to pay rent coz I'm still scabbing off the parents till I can get my deposit for my first home underway, which if I have my way will be never:p) On the Last Cruise, I bought 5 Candid photos and I think about 12 Formal night photos, I thought the Formal night photos were great quality, it was $30 a photo, but had a deal on where it was buy 2 get 1 free, so all up my formal photos costs $240 for 12 photos. To put it in perspective, the year before, I got conned into one of those "Free photo shoots" you win at the Easter show, and they pretty much forced you into buying the photos, I paid $1500 (cheapest package) for 5 photos that I wasn't even happy with!! I ended up taking that paticular photo studio to Fair trading as I didn't want to buy any photos, but they wouldn't let me leave until I bought something...

Anyway, my point being, Cruise photos I find are quite reasonable :)

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to talk to you about.

The law states what is in your bin on the your property or the property you rent or lease is yours, and untill it is on public land or property eg foot path and any thing taken from said bin is consitard as thealing.

Yes..... And another response that has nothing to do with stealing something when it is for sale in a shop. :rolleyes:

you may joke and i would not expect any thing else from you and your mate sandie with her tell a tail award.

You just don't get it, do you Thied. :confused: I was referring to Scurvy's obviously tall story - of which he has many. So please check your facts before having a go at me.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about cruise photos - and Goose30's serious business of wanting to sell the Brooklyn Bridge. :cool:

You just don't get it, do you Thied. :confused: I was referring to Scurvy's obviously tall story - of which he has many. So please check your facts before having a go at me.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about cruise photos - and Goose30's serious business of wanting to sell the Brooklyn Bridge. :cool:

ill clear it up for you sandie< I was implying you and he should share the award

ill clear it up for you sandie< I was implying you and he should share the award

You've still got it wrong. :rolleyes: I wasn't telling the tall story.

Incidentally I do remember something about some poor man getting killed when they emptied the bin. It's very sad that this kind of thing happens in a supposedly wealthy country, while politicians and councillors of all kinds are voting themselves another pay rise and more lurks and perks! No wonder they get no respect from most people.

Incidentally I do remember something about some poor man getting killed when they emptied the bin. It's very sad that this kind of thing happens in a supposedly wealthy country, while politicians and councillors of all kinds are voting themselves another pay rise and more lurks and perks! No wonder they get no respect from most people.

yes that was one poor man, but the toy man was out your way as well.

lol ohh how things degress...hmmm I dont remember anyone getting killed in my compactor story :eek: :D lol

Scurve, you should know by now that you have to have a detective's capabilities to work out some posts. No you didn't say it but Thied was adding that story for effect. It does happen to be true, actually.

Moral: (which I have found to be very true in some cases)

Everything you say will be taken down, twisted round, and used in evidence against you!! :D

I'll remember that next time I see some poor homeless bugga trying to find their next feed or something warm to wear and let them know that wonderful piece of informative information that they're a thief and stealing.

Do you read what your write?

Moral: (which I have found to be very true in some cases)

Everything you say will be taken down, twisted round, and used in evidence against you!! :D

LOL Ain't dat da truth! :p I'm still reeling from being called a povo student LOL

You'll find it on the Sun Princess (and other precious princess ships) on the pool deck near the the big screen :D :p It's not very good though :o

Thanks but my little mate made me some, he's got the recipe.

By the way I don't know what a povo student is but it sounds cool.

Also I can't wait to go on my next cruise and buy someone else's photos just to see what they say.

Sludge

Also I can't wait to go on my next cruise and buy someone else's photos just to see what they say.Sludge

They will not sell you someone elses photos!!!!

Any unsold ones are given to the Cruise Director to give away as prizes on the next cruise:D:D

Archived