What does refurb mean re Sea Princess?

I do know she will have to be turned back over to a Princess ship as P&O had her sailing as an adults only ship. That will mean all of the kids areas will have to be put back into place. Also she will need her new paint job or at least her name put back on and the Adonia removed. It has also been posted that she is to have MUTS installed during her down time. Other than that, I don't think anyone is quite sure what else is going to be done to her as she returns to Princess as the Sea.

I'm constantly looking at Adonia/Sea Princess pictures dreaming of my Sept. B2B and the refurb will be as Toto says, signage, removing a bar up top, adding kids & teens area! I like the MTV comment, cute! MUTS sure is getting alot of air time!!! :-)

I'm curious as to where they will put it? I've never sailed a Sun class ship, Grand class yes and I just can't picture it! I keep looking at the deck areas, wondering!

Comparing deck plans, Adonia has the same main public rooms as the Sea, just different names. She gets to Southampton mid-April, leaves on the 1st cruise the 28th, I cannot wait to hear what everyone has to say!

Susie

I heard that the Sea will be getting a Mini-MUTS.. They are giving everyone around the pool a small portible TV to hold on their laps.. :D

LOL!!!! That's funny-I don't care who you are. (To paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy).

Now where is BDJAM??????

:D This calls for a comment from BDJAM! :D

Wow – I guess I have created a reputation for myself, huh? But y’all know what I’m going to say, right? So I’m going to wait until the first hideous pictures come in and then I’ll point and say I told you so… :rolleyes:

Wow – I guess I have created a reputation for myself, huh? But y’all know what I’m going to say, right? So I’m going to wait until the first hideous pictures come in and then I’ll point and say I told you so… :rolleyes:

It's not a bad thing!!!

In fact I agree with your previous assessments of this hideous "enhancement" to the ships-especially the beloved Sun Class. So type away Brian.

It's not a bad thing!!!

In fact I agree with your previous assessments of this hideous "enhancement" to the ships-especially the beloved Sun Class. So type away Brian.

I seriously cannot imagine what this machine will look like on the upper decks of a Sun Class ship. I can’t fathom what Princess is thinking given this is the only real pool area on the ship and everyone who wants to use the pool will be subjected to the contraption. I know that there’s a majority on these boards who favor the blasted thing, but I wonder what the overall Princess population thinks? There doesn’t seem to be the overwhelming gossip about retro-fitting Star and Golden as there was before. So maybe it will stop.

In the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting the first pictures from Sea Princess. 300 square feet of TV on the top of a ship that size is going to certainly be difficult to miss… :rolleyes:

bdjam. Don't you think we need to hold off until we find out if the Sea Princess installs MUTS or not ??

It sounds like it is pretty much a done deal, doesn’t it? Wouldn’t just be a pip if she came out of dry-dock MUTS-less?? :D

bdjam is right, they've marketed the MUTS on Sea Princess pretty heavily to back out of it now. What's surprising to me is how there hasn't been a peep about it being installed on the Golden, and it was supposed to have MUTS for the Europe season as well.

bdjam is right, they've marketed the MUTS on Sea Princess pretty heavily to back out of it now. What's surprising to me is how there hasn't been a peep about it being installed on the Golden, and it was supposed to have MUTS for the Europe season as well.

Does Golden have a dry-dock scheduled before she goes to Europe I wonder?

Archived