vibration aft suites Epic

cabincop

Hi all I have been reading info on the Epic aft and people say there is alot of vibrating noise when docking. I was wondering is this true even on 11th floor? I am staying in penthouse 11322 thanks all

I felt vibrations while docking even on 14th deck in 14151. It was noticeable, but not a serious issue.

Hi all I have been reading info on the Epic aft and people say there is alot of vibrating noise when docking. I was wondering is this true even on 11th floor? I am staying in penthouse 11322 thanks all

We were in 10318- stern BA stateroom. There was vibration coming into port - in Miami it blasted me out of bed but dh slept through it. i went out on balcony and enjoyed the view and mourned end of cruise. Woulnn't hesitate to book same stateroom again.

Loved our Epic cruise.

I was the complete opposite direction penthouse 17005 and the vibration during docking was extreme. Things would fall from shelves, etc. In fact, it was more like an earthquake rather than vibration.

Only happens during docking though

The vibrations that everyone gets so worked up about are such a minor invconvenience. I am amazed they get so much thread time.

Whenever the ship uses the thrusters to manuever, vibration results.

We have sailed in aft cabins for years and they are at best a wake up call early in the AM. But this does not last a long time.

We sailed the Epic last August in cabins 10324, 10326. I will say that the vibrations we experienced were stronger than we had experienced before on any other ship, but in no way did it ruin anything for us. We would be back in the same cabins on the Epic in a heartbeat.

HI Cabincop! As everyone else mentioned, there indeed is a vibration more so on the Epic than the other NCL ships. When it happens you just sort of laugh about it. I know I did and was glad I read about it here first.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute of it!

coka (who was on deck 8 aft)

Major vibrations in our opinion. We were on 10. No problem when docking is at a reasonable hour, but when it's in the very early a.m. you will wake up unless you are a very sound sleeper. My DH is an engineer and he spotted some guys on the Epic in May who were inspecting things. I know this guy hated that we were on the elevator with him, because he got a discussion about this topic. The engineers were from the shipyard that built the Epic and apparently this issue was not in the construction specs. (In other words, not covered by warranty.)

That said, I loved our aft balcony as the view is fantastic. In port you can watch the ferries loading and unloading. You see both sunrises and sunsets from where ours was located and enjoy beautiful views.

Just returned yesterday from the Epic sailing in the Med. We had a stern balcony 13291. The vibration was enough to wake us up every morning as we turned around in every port to enable an easy sailaway. Never felt vibrations like it in an aft cabin before, but it saved us getting a wake up alarm call on port days as we needed to be up and about early for our tours. Not a big issue for us on those days.

Was a little annoying on the day of disembrkation in Barcelona as we arrived at around 4.00AM and I was not planning to get up before 7.00AM as we had no need to be off the ship early because we were staying on for 2 nights in the city before going home. We did a 180 degree turn and then sideways move onto the dock plus a bit of shuffling. In all it lasted around 20 or 30 minutes. I made some coffee, watched from the balcony and then went back to sleep. It didn't help that I had picked up a cold and was a little grumpy having slept badly already that night.

We just got back, as well, and in retrospect, I really don't recall being awakened or even bothered by docking vibrations.

We were on the 8th floor near the stern on the starboard side (cabin #8199). Maybe we were just too excited about arriving in each port and welcomed the sounds of docking or we just slept so soundly due to over indulgences the night before.

The beds are quite comfortable. In fact, my family of 5 voted the EPIC beds the best - based on 12 cruises with the 4 largest cruise lines.

As its been mentioned before, the new Epic was not built with the new azipods which have been troublesome with every ship at one time or another. NCL went with the former propellers instead to avoid using azipods. Doing so also brought back the more noticeable vibrations of the past docking and undocking...

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking in staying in suite 11322 next March, please let me know how the room was if you are going before March.

thanks

Archived