Redeeming RCCL Credit Card Rewards

What about if I am redeeming for cruise discount off a cruise that is already paid in full?

To avoid giving you misinformation since I've never redeemed points to apply to an existing reservation, here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626.

Please post back what they say for others who may have the same question.

I called and was told that I could mail in voucher myself directly and would get cruise discount refunded back to my credit card. The agent said that the only way it be suggested to notify travel agent is if it was for free cruise or free companion fare.

I called and was told that I could mail in voucher myself directly and would get cruise discount refunded back to my credit card. The agent said that the only way it be suggested to notify travel agent is if it was for free cruise or free companion fare.

Thanks so much for the feedback. At least now we have a definite answer for future reference.

I just use my points for on board credits - so when I call in and redeem them - I get the certificate about 3 weeks later - then I make two copies - one for me and one for the travel agent - and then send it back filled in and never had a problem - I have to admit I never heard of redeeming points to get a credit card credit - but thats good too - The obc always shows up on the menu on the tv on the ship usually the second day so good luck:)

I just use my points for on board credits - so when I call in and redeem them - I get the certificate about 3 weeks later - then I make two copies - one for me and one for the travel agent - and then send it back filled in and never had a problem - I have to admit I never heard of redeeming points to get a credit card credit - but thats good too - The obc always shows up on the menu on the tv on the ship usually the second day so good luck:)

The only reason I will be getting credit card credit is because I've already paid in full, so they will be applying the cruise discount voucher for a refund for the amount that was already paid.

My cruise is in May 2012, when should I mail my cert. in, is it six months before cruise, or does it matter, for Free companion, I guess deadline for full payment is Feb. ALSO, what should I ask for when I call Bank of America?

I've mailed my certificates for obc to rc for our Aug 7th cruise. Will I not know if they got them until I get on board?

Worse than that, you won't know until day 2 or 3.

Ask for a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Under Booking Charges you should see the following code....C30C - $$$$ - OBC - P-P.........substitute the $$$$ for the amount of OBC.

The reason that you do not find out until day 2 of the cruise is that once all pax have boarded and the manifest has been closed, Miami will electonically send the ship a list of those pax that have OBC coming to them in whichever form it was issued. It is then a matter of applying the OBC to the correct SeaPass Accounts and making sure that the right people are getting what they should be getting. It's a little more complicated than going to your bank and depositing money in your account.:)

My cruise is in May 2012, when should I mail my cert. in, is it six months before cruise, or does it matter, for Free companion, I guess deadline for full payment is Feb. ALSO, what should I ask for when I call Bank of America?

Once your certificate is issued by Bank of America you have 6 months to apply it to your booking. If you are applying for a free companion fare then I would request it and send it in prior to final payment. If you are using a TA, you must do this through them as was stated above.

When you call BofA just tell them the points amount that is required for the free companion fare and that is the certificate you would like mailed to you.

Just curious. Why a copy for your TA? I just made a copy for myself, and mailed the other to RC.

FYI-- I found out the hard way when you use points. You need to make sure they are reapplied each time an order is modified. I had to call Royal several times because my final payment and my travel agents didn't match up. I had several price drops, and other onboard credits. This was a future booking from 2007. All discounts were combinedable. Even a cabin change we had took off points. I now am waiting for a 75,000 point voucher to be reapplied for the 4th time for OBC.

I make her a copy because if something happens and its not applied- I just email her from the ship and she calls Royal and looks after it for us - which has never happened - but just in case - that's why we deal with a TA:) Rather not argue or debate with customer relations on the ship because that usually takes 24-48 hours for them to figure it out - lol:)

If you use your points to get credit back on your card which would reduce your cruise price it could also reduce any perks you might have received from your TA.

Also if the credit is going back on your RCL B of A card you will also lose double points in the amount of the credit.

Ask for a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Under Booking Charges you should see the following code....C30C - $$$$ - OBC - P-P.........substitute the $$$$ for the amount of OBC.

The reason that you do not find out until day 2 of the cruise is that once all pax have boarded and the manifest has been closed, Miami will electonically send the ship a list of those pax that have OBC coming to them in whichever form it was issued. It is then a matter of applying the OBC to the correct SeaPass Accounts and making sure that the right people are getting what they should be getting. It's a little more complicated than going to your bank and depositing money in your account.:)

Once your certificate is issued by Bank of America you have 6 months to apply it to your booking. If you are applying for a free companion fare then I would request it and send it in prior to final payment. If you are using a TA, you must do this through them as was stated above.

When you call BofA just tell them the points amount that is required for the free companion fare and that is the certificate you would like mailed to you.

Thank you so much for that information!

Any/all benefits/OBC will be listed in code on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI under booking charges. This lets you know that what you have applied for has been added to your booking prior to boarding.

If what you have applied for does not appear on your SeaPass Account, then all you need do is to take your invoice down to Guest Relations. They are much more familiar with the codes than they are with a copy of a certificate from BofA.

Here are some of the codes to look for..........

Codes under "Booking Charges"

ADV2-$$$$ ONBRDCR.............OBC from booking on board

P/E/D/D+$$$ - Pre-Cruise...........Balcony Discount

SB07-???? SGL- OBC.................Shareholder Benefit OBC

C30C - $$$$ - OBC - P-P............Visa Points

CertCode-Savings-......................C&A Savings Certificate

OBPP-OBC-PRC-PRT................OBC from price reduction

If you use your points to get credit back on your card which would reduce your cruise price it could also reduce any perks you might have received from your TA.

Also if the credit is going back on your RCL B of A card you will also lose double points in the amount of the credit.

So would it be better to use points for onboard credit, rather than cruise discount? I would have about $1300 total in OBC if I used the points in OBC and didn't know if I would be able to use it all.

So would it be better to use points for onboard credit, rather than cruise discount? I would have about $1300 total in OBC if I used the points in OBC and didn't know if I would be able to use it all.

That's what I would say if your TA offered you incentives. You could call them and ask what would happen. Do you have to cash them all in? They to not start expiring until after 5 years. I believe that you would get credit back on your credit card if you do not use all the OBC but then the same thing would happen if you are using the B of A RCL Visa and you will lose double points.

FYI-- I found out the hard way when you use points. You need to make sure they are reapplied each time an order is modified. I had to call Royal several times because my final payment and my travel agents didn't match up. I had several price drops, and other onboard credits. This was a future booking from 2007. All discounts were combinedable. Even a cabin change we had took off points. I now am waiting for a 75,000 point voucher to be reapplied for the 4th time for OBC.

I just found out that apprently there is a limit to the number of times that you can reapply a B of A certificate. I have changed dates and applied OBC and just today went to try and change a free companion B of A certificate and was told that since I have already changed it 4 times it can no longer be changed. Just want to give you a head up Original booking date is early 2010.:eek::eek:

We didn't know the correct procedure of mailing them in and lost our redemption points after they got mailed to us from the credit card company

We learned our lesson the hard way-Now we know better

Archived