questions regarding Caribbean Princess

hampshire

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks - our first cruise on her I have a few questions. Will the dining room be open on embarkation day. I have read that the first evening is a sea food buffet. Do most passengers skip the dining room that evening and opt for the buffet instead? It must get very crowded if so. Are the MUTS movies suitable for children - anyone know what is playing this week. Will there be a show every night that children under 12 would enjoy. They like dancing - jugglers etc. . Last question - is the ship in good shape - I did read she was reburbished last year - did they replace the pool chairs etc. Looking forward to our cruise.

We got off the CB on Wednesday. The shows were really good. The comedians kept it clean for the most part. The only naughty parts were that they all seemed to enjoy talking about "poop." :) The ship is in good shape. The pool chairs were fine! You will have a great time!

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks - our first cruise on her I have a few questions. Will the dining room be open on embarkation day. Yes, they try to get you to the buffet, but there is one dining room open .

I have read that the first evening is a sea food buffet. Do most passengers skip the dining room that evening and opt for the buffet instead? We always do dinner in the dining room. I never noticed a difference in the crowd

MUTS- you will get an e-mail from princess with the shows and what is playing on MUTS they usually have some children's movies

Don't know the answer to the refurbishment question.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks - our first cruise on her I have a few questions. Will the dining room be open on embarkation day. I have read that the first evening is a sea food buffet. Do most passengers skip the dining room that evening and opt for the buffet instead? It must get very crowded if so. Are the MUTS movies suitable for children - anyone know what is playing this week. Will there be a show every night that children under 12 would enjoy. They like dancing - jugglers etc. . Last question - is the ship in good shape - I did read she was reburbished last year - did they replace the pool chairs etc. Looking forward to our cruise.

We just got off the CP last Wednesday. It was our first cruise with Princess. We have done a few on RCCL 10 years ago and recently have been doing NCL. We did the Princess cruise for the 1st time because we wanted to go to Canada & New England and the port was close to home. The dining rooms will be open the first day. With the sail away through NY and the other activities, we decided not to get dressed up and went to the buffet. It is not just seafood, there are many choices for land lovers. My DH does not eat seafood. We had anytime dining so we would walk through the buffet at 5:30 to see what was offered and decide if we went to the buffet or dining rooms. We ate most nights at 7:30. There are menus for dinner for the main restaurants posted at the buffet at lunch and out front of the main dining rooms each day. This enables you to choose if what dining venue you want. We thought that all the food in the buffet and main dining was very good.

I ran out of space talking about the restaurants and food. We thought the ship was in fine condition. Our room was comfortable and clean and the ship was in great condition. The only problem we had in comparison to other cruise lines, was the small bathroom and shower. But surely wasn't a dealbreaker in booking another Princess cruise. I believe she is going into dry dock after this season. Enjoy!

Althought the seafood buffet was mentioned in the Princess Patter, there was no big deal made about so most cruisers don't realize that it's something special. Thanks to Cruise Critic, we knew about and had planned long in advance to have dinner there the first night. It was busy but it wasn't jammed. When we went to the MDR the next night, our fellow diners said that they hadn't realized that there was anything special in the buffet the night before. While it seems like there are so many people here on Cruise Critic, we still represent a small percentage of total cruisers - but we are the best informed cruisers!

BTW, it was great!

Are the MUTS movies suitable for children?

Some evening ones may be such as: Gnomeo & Juliet

Other recent evening ones included: Country Strong, Red, The Tourist, Burlesque, Tron:Legacy, The Green Hornet. These are all rated PG or PG-13

It is not that amazing..(per my husband)

so my husband wanders up there in the afternoon for "appetizers"- then we go to a regular dinner later....

I do not eat seafood, but 2 of my kids traveling with us on CB are....so we will split up for a bit....

Can't wait for my fettucini alfredo appetizer....yum...

b

Hi,

I've been on this cruise for the last 4 years out of NY....the Dining room is indeed open every day including the departure day. When you are out to sea there is also a "pub lunch" in the steakhouse that is pretty close to being authentic....I recommend trying it.

What i'm trying to find out is if anyone has the menus for dinner, and the days of the week...so we can plan our evenings in the specialty restaurants!

Thanks...and happy sailing..see you on 7/1

Hi,

I've been on this cruise for the last 4 years out of NY....the Dining room is indeed open every day including the departure day. When you are out to sea there is also a "pub lunch" in the steakhouse that is pretty close to being authentic....I recommend trying it.

What i'm trying to find out is if anyone has the menus for dinner, and the days of the week...so we can plan our evenings in the specialty restaurants!

Thanks...and happy sailing..see you on 7/1

Thank you everyone for your help. I would be interested myself in looking at the menu's.

We just got off the CP last Wednesday. It was our first cruise with Princess. We have done a few on RCCL 10 years ago and recently have been doing NCL. We did the Princess cruise for the 1st time because we wanted to go to Canada & New England and the port was close to home. The dining rooms will be open the first day. With the sail away through NY and the other activities, we decided not to get dressed up and went to the buffet. It is not just seafood, there are many choices for land lovers. My DH does not eat seafood. We had anytime dining so we would walk through the buffet at 5:30 to see what was offered and decide if we went to the buffet or dining rooms. We ate most nights at 7:30. There are menus for dinner for the main restaurants posted at the buffet at lunch and out front of the main dining rooms each day. This enables you to choose if what dining venue you want. We thought that all the food in the buffet and main dining was very good.

What type of seafood was served at the buffet? Thank you!

What type of seafood was served at the buffet? Thank you!

On our sailings there were shrimp, mussels, different fish dishes, and crab legs.... DH ate MANY crab legs! :D I had a stuffed flounder dish that was really good, and shrimp. There was a lobster bisque offered also, if memory serves. Enjoy!

The two specialty restaurants - Crown Grill & Sabatini's - are open on the first night. If you have an AmEx platinum card booking, Sabitini's is free (e.g. no $20 pp charge) on the first night. I took advantage of that offer on the Carribean P. two weeks ago and had a pleasant time - first night had only a few tables taken.

Archived