Jokes about Carnival Cruise Lines while on Other Line's Cruise

EJKorvette

I have had the great fortune of having John Heald as our CD three times. I have never even once heard an RCCL joke from him. So I guess it's not all the time.

No not all the time.......but he even states things on his blog from time to time about RCCL.....it's all in fun.......laugh a little.....live longer.....

I have had the great fortune of having John Heald as our CD three times. I have never even once heard an RCCL joke from him. So I guess it's not all the time.

I've never heard him joke about RCCL either on a cruise. Sometimes in his blog he refers to the "Monster of the Seas" and we all know what that's about, but I've never heard him denigrate the cruiseline.

gary.....

you look like an interesting poster, but your font is so small. any way you can make it bigger?

I was thinking the same thing before I read your post - I don't even attempt to read their comments anymore as interesting as they are. When I see it I just go on to the next one now.

Thank you. I know (hope) you are joking as I used to make it even bigger. Maybe its because I have the fonts on the threads magnified for me. Sorry if its offensive.

I don't think he is joking because I find it too small too (I only read your comment because you responded to him) it is certainly not offensive just too small.

• 10 months later...

I've never heard Carnival staff tell jokes about other cruiselines, but I have heard the comedians do so. Our last cruise it was about Disney and the parents pressed up against the Windows screaming "help us".

But anyone who knows Disney knows they entertain.adults well too. It isn't just screaming children, just like Carnival isn't all drunks.

I have no problem with other lines joking about Carnival....

it is just FREE advertising for Carnival.

However, I have a HUGE problem with the TWO different RCCL Cruise Directors who ridiculed Carnival PASSENGERS over the intercom, when we were in port together.

How stupid to belittle potential customers!!!

Why would I want to spend money at a company that demeaned and belittled me??? The answer...I won't.

However, I have a HUGE problem with the TWO different RCCL Cruise Directors who ridiculed Carnival PASSENGERS over the intercom, when we were in port together.

Why would I want to spend money at a company that demeaned and belittled me??? The answer...I won't.

no different from a carnival brand ambassador publicly attacking carnival customers on his blog and facebbok page, passively inviting others to attack too.

at least he got smart by dropping peoples real names finally.

and, wasn't it you that just today called one of your fellow carival cruisers "ignorant, with a pitiful life", over there?

The comedian on my first cruise (Carnival Dream) was joking about RCCL and the sheer size of the ships. He joked that if you go down to the 1st level, there's actually a bad neighborhood down there..it was funny, maybe you had to be there LOL. But it was all in good fun. We laughed, and moved on. It doesn't impact my view of RCCL. It is what it is.

LOL bad neighborhood. That was a good one.

We just got back from a week-long cruise on a ship on another line. One thing that surprised me is all the jokes that were made at Carnival's expense by the various entertainment acts, the Cruise Director, the Captain, and almost anyone else that spoke in an official capacity. It wasn't a constant thing, but I was still surprised to hear Carnival mentioned by name.

Now I have only been on three cruises, and never on a Carnival one. So I don't know. How did Carnival come to have such an unsavory reputation that the competition can joke about Carnival?

Has anyone else noticed this while sailing on other cruise lines?

Haven't heard any Carnival mentions on my two NCL cruises.

no different from a carnival brand ambassador publicly attacking carnival customers on his blog and facebbok page, passively inviting others to attack too.

at least he got smart by dropping peoples real names finally.

and, wasn't it you that just today called one of your fellow carival cruisers "ignorant, with a pitiful life", over there?

then why do you read it ?

Heck I heard jokes about Carnival while I was ON Carnival. It was a comedian and it was pretty funny. Said his last cruise there were so many rednecks on board the ship hit a deer.

Carnival earned its rep a while back from the booze cruises and even though that imaged is all but gone except got the 3 day Spring Break cruises, it will never live it down. Especially since word of mouth is so effective at keeping the legend alive.

I went on my first Carnival cruise last year and was a little worried but it was an excellent cruise. Going again next month.

Heck I heard jokes about Carnival while I was ON Carnival. It was a comedian and it was pretty funny. Said his last cruise there were so many rednecks on board the ship hit a deer.

I actually LOLed when I read that! Too funny!! :D

I really hate it when other lines do that. It's a big turn off to me. Each line has something to offer and apparently they all do what they do well or they wouldn't continue to fill up their ships. Carnival is close to the bottom of my list as far as favorites go but I hate to hear anyone bash them. I'm leaving on the Elation on Thursday - and expect to get what I paid for as always.

The comedian on my first cruise (Carnival Dream) was joking about RCCL and the sheer size of the ships. He joked that if you go down to the 1st level, there's actually a bad neighborhood down there..it was funny, maybe you had to be there LOL. But it was all in good fun. We laughed, and moved on. It doesn't impact my view of RCCL. It is what it is.

That IS funny!

Airlines make fun of each other. We had a neighbor who was a Delta pilot who loved to call Southwest a cattle call ( no booked seating.) It's competition.

I have a friend whose husband is a pilot for FedEx, and they were redecorating their house, and lots of the stuff she ordered was shipped UPS! She was afraid her husband would get mad at her.

Carnival earned its rep a while back from the booze cruises and even though that imaged is all but gone except got the 3 day Spring Break cruises, it will never live it down. Especially since word of mouth is so effective at keeping the legend alive.

I went on my first Carnival cruise last year and was a little worried but it was an excellent cruise. Going again next month.

I heard the same joke on Carnival. Probably the same comedian. Still funny as hell! :D

LOL......Really????? Your own brand ambassador loves to not only ridicule other cruise lines but also the customers of his own cruise line when he's not talking about his hemorrhoids or sitting around in his underwear. Not sure why you continue to cruise with Carnival or is it due to your blind allegiance to Carnival?

Archived