Help accommodation Singapore

We have been looking at Singapore accommodation for the end of our Arcadia cruise next March. There are so many choices!!

We decided the area we want to stay in and have settled on the Swissotel Stamford. It is not particularly cheap, but not way out expensive either. Our harbour view room for 1 night is $A250. It seems that hotels in Singapore are dearer than average.

Have you checked out Tripadvisor? It is a good place to narrow down the choices available.

We are going on the Rhapsody of the Seas Feb sydney to Singapore, never been to Singapore can anyone recommend nice accommodation at a cheap price, I believe Singapore can be expensive.

I can recommend nice accommodation, at a cheap price, at the YMCA, 1 Orchard Road.

http://www.ymcaih.com.sg/Web/main.aspx?ID=,b3e9ee8b-13db-43d7-8335-49d7b9c9c8c4

Apart from wanting to support the YMCA, I stay there because of its excellent convenient location -

I can catch a bus from the airport to the door.

I can catch the train from the airport to over the road.

It provides bed and breakfast

I can walk most places I want to visit from the YMCA, including the beautiful tropical gardens behind.

We stayed at the Conrad which we got by bidding through Priceline $85USD per night...if you can afford it a few more dollars will get you access to the executive level which has free internet, drinks and food...lovely hotel...

Been to Singapore 3 times. The York is not bad, stayed there. Also the Pan Pacific, but got a real good deal as it was during the SARS epidemic, $400 rooms down to $100 ! and last time stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts, pricey but good.

There is also a fairly new Ibis..check out reviews on TripAdvisor, I never book a hotel until I check on TripAdvisor and do a review on it for every place we stay at, for the benefit of others.

Now we can mention TripAdvisor on here right ?, CC and TripAdvisor are all in the one company. (I hope.)

We have been looking at Singapore accommodation for the end of our Arcadia cruise next March. There are so many choices!!

We decided the area we want to stay in and have settled on the Swissotel Stamford. It is not particularly cheap, but not way out expensive either. Our harbour view room for 1 night is $A250. It seems that hotels in Singapore are dearer than average.

Have you checked out Tripadvisor? It is a good place to narrow down the choices available.

Raison, Swissotel Stamford is very good I am told, Qantas Aircrew stay there.

We will wave to you as we leave Singapore Harbour on Arcadia !

My husband and I stayed at the Swiss Stamford 3 weeks ago we have stayed there twice before. We had a great room on the 57th floor. It's a great location the hotel is linked to the shopping mall and train, and across the street from Raffles Hotel I recommend lunch there. Less than an hour after our flight landed we were standing on the balcony of our room. Singapore airport is the best. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel

Have a great time, Sandra.

I can recommend nice accommodation, at a cheap price, at the YMCA, 1 Orchard Road.

http://www.ymcaih.com.sg/Web/main.aspx?ID=,b3e9ee8b-13db-43d7-8335-49d7b9c9c8c4

Apart from wanting to support the YMCA, I stay there because of its excellent convenient location -

I can catch a bus from the airport to the door.

I can catch the train from the airport to over the road.

It provides bed and breakfast

I can walk most places I want to visit from the YMCA, including the beautiful tropical gardens behind.

We also stayed at the YM way back in the late 90's. It was just fine, clean, twin room, en-suite, fridge, television and the beds were changed every day! But it was tired. Best described as perhaps 3 - 3 1/2 star. But certainly the best value accomodation in Singapore in, as has been reported, in an ideal position.

My husband and I stayed at the Swiss Stamford 3 weeks ago we have stayed there twice before. We had a great room on the 57th floor. It's a great location the hotel is linked to the shopping mall and train, and across the street from Raffles Hotel I recommend lunch there. Less than an hour after our flight landed we were standing on the balcony of our room. Singapore airport is the best. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel

Have a great time, Sandra.

Right next door, in the same complex is the Fairmont, which looks straight over to Raffles. We stayed there pre cruise and got a great package deal that included a fabulous breakfast.

When you go down stairs and into the shopping complex underneath, its a bit confusing as to which hotel you are in.

We are going on the Rhapsody of the Seas Feb sydney to Singapore, never been to Singapore can anyone recommend nice accommodation at a cheap price, I believe Singapore can be expensive.

We have been to Singapore a couple of times - there are LOTS of hotels, last year I tried the Clarke Quay area and stayed at the Park Hotel - it was new and we got a great deal. There is a free shuttle bus to the CBD area, but to be honest it is so relaxing just by the pool. Then in the evening walking to the many, many restaurants in the area along the river. We have rebooked the same hotel for Sept this year as a stopover. I agree with the other posts about Tripadvisor, try researching there. Alternatively try a travel agent, whilst you can do many things over the internet, sometimes a good travel agent can get you accommodation cheaper as happened with us on our next trip. She was able to get us the same accommodation as our tour recommended but way cheaper. As always it pays to shop around. Good luck.

Being our first time in Singapore are we better to look at accommodation by the River or on Orchard Road? Many thanks for the feedback so far this site is so great for finding out useful information for proposed holidays:D

We stayed at the Conrad which we got by bidding through Priceline $85USD per night...if you can afford it a few more dollars will get you access to the executive level which has free internet, drinks and food...lovely hotel...

What is priceline please?

Subaru I see you are doing the Rhapsody cruise. Feb 16. At this stage I haven't seen anyone else doing this one. I have started a Roll Call for this cruise so drop in and leave your details on the Royal Caribean Roll

Calls

Subaru I see you are doing the Rhapsody cruise. Feb 16. At this stage I haven't seen anyone else doing this one. I have started a Roll Call for this cruise so drop in and leave your details on the Royal Caribean Roll

Calls

Hi Liz, will do we are doing this cruise because Royal Carribean cancelled our cruise on 2nd April, have you been to singapore before?

Priceline is an american based hotel/holiday/car hire website where you put in a bid for the area you want to stay in, kind of like an auction. If you google it you will see William Shantner is the spokesperson.

Thanks silverwillow will have a look at it can anyone go on it, or is it just for American's.

We love Singapore - have been there every year for the last 8 years. We have stayed in many different hotels. We just look on line for the cheapest deals at the time. Singapore is quite cheap compared to other places. The Aust $ is about 1.30 Singapore so you get a lot for your money. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and this time we stayed at the Pan Pacific - the only problem with it is its a fair walk to the MRT. mummsie

Hi trying to do the biddin on Priceline but when you go to pay nowhere for Australia to be entered how did you do it please?

We will wave back looking forward to all our holidays.:D

Thanks for all your help, there are sooooo many hotels in Singapore looks like they are all good. As long as it is clean, handy to transport, restaurants and has a swimming pool we will be fine, (don't want much do I).

Thanks for all your help, there are sooooo many hotels in Singapore looks like they are all good. As long as it is clean, handy to transport, restaurants and has a swimming pool we will be fine, (don't want much do I).

Everywhere in Singapore is handy to transport and they are all super value. I never never used their pools but they look wonderful. Never take my bathers - extra luggage I don't need. We never eat at the restauranants except for breakfast. We normally have subway for lunch or go to Little India and spend $6 for a full meal. :) mummsie

The restaurants around Clarke Quay are full of character, the choice of cuisine and price is great. It is very colourful and if by the river with all the lights and street entertainment is an experience I'm sure you will enjoy. You will have a wonderful stay. A swim in the pool is heaven after shopping or short touring....even better when you get waiter service by the pool. Enjoy.

Archived