Luggage on the last night

Geordiebird

Hi

I have read somewhere that you have to put your luggage out on the last night is this correct?

Can we not keep the luggage in our room as we are only taking carry on?

You can keep all of your luggage and depart with it the next morning. We have never had a problem with leaving luggage in the hall way.

Since it is basically carry on you should not have a problem. Putting luggage out is for people who do not want to deal with it in the morning.

You will have to be out of your cabin by a certain time- slepping the luggage with you and waiting to get off.

Elevators are slow (if they are running at all for passenger decks) and stairs are crowded with people who feel they do not have to listen to the rule about not waiting there.

• 1 month later...

I know this is kind of an old thread but I thought I would revive it after reading something on Heald's blog today.

We have never done self-assisted debarkation (too much luggage) so we've always put out luggage in the hallway on the last night as required. As the person that posed the question to John Heald noted, we've never been real comforatable doing that because of the potential for theft (although we never put anything but dirty clothing in our luggage that last night) as well as the possibility that a less than honest person would slip something illegal into one of the outer (unlockable) pockets of the suitcases. Neither of those things has ever happened and I realize the chances they ever will are remote but being the cautious type, I do dwell on the possibilities. I know, the simple answer is to either get new luggage that can be completely locked or pack less and do self-assist. Does anyone else have this same concern about hallway parking of your luggage on the last night?

I know this is kind of an old thread but I thought I would revive it after reading something on Heald's blog today.

We have never done self-assisted debarkation (too much luggage) so we've always put out luggage in the hallway on the last night as required. As the person that posed the question to John Heald noted, we've never been real comforatable doing that because of the potential for theft (although we never put anything but dirty clothing in our luggage that last night) as well as the possibility that a less than honest person would slip something illegal into one of the outer (unlockable) pockets of the suitcases. Neither of those things has ever happened and I realize the chances they ever will are remote but being the cautious type, I do dwell on the possibilities. I know, the simple answer is to either get new luggage that can be completely locked or pack less and do self-assist. Does anyone else have this same concern about hallway parking of your luggage on the last night?

Joe, you aren't the only one. I felt uncomfortable with it, but just made sure there were no valuables packed. My wife says I am paranoid. The comedian on the last night even made a joke along the lines of "luggage needs to be in the hall by midnight, because I go around at 1am to steal your stuff. "

Joe, you aren't the only one. I felt uncomfortable with it, but just made sure there were no valuables packed. My wife says I am paranoid. The comedian on the last night even made a joke along the lines of "luggage needs to be in the hall by midnight, because I go around at 1am to steal your stuff. "

I wish i had been paranoid about it!

We DID have stuff stolen from a suitcase that was put in the hall the night before! We have no idea when it was gone through...or by who...could have been anyone.

When we got home and started unpacking i started noticing that i couldn't find a few things we bought during the trip. 4 big margarita glasses from Margaritaville, t shirts and a baseball cap for my baby grandson and his carnival build a bear were all missing. I emailed Carnival telling them about it and they said they are not responsible for lost items but if they are turned in they will forward them to me. So i called Carnival next...told them what happened and they said the same thing...so i said my things were not LOST, they were put in the suitcase! And since they clearly were STOLEN from the suitcase i seriously doubt that anyone will turn them in!

Never heard anything else about it and chalked it up to me being stupid and will not be leaving anything in the hall again.

We have never had anything illegal put into our luggage or anything taken from our luggage when leaving it out the night before. Anything valuable is put into either my husband's knapsack or my carry on bag, and we walk off the ship with it.

If you're really that worried you can either put locks on your luggage or use self-assist.

Best of luck!

Hi

I have read somewhere that you have to put your luggage out on the last night is this correct?

Can we not keep the luggage in our room as we are only taking carry on?

Keep your carry on with you and you get off the ship a lot easier on disembarkation.

Archived