Suite question

Slyfox16

Is the PH (Penthouse) suite considered a full suite or mine suite? I have heard that the PH is a slight upgrade from the mini suite.

This is on the Grand.

Yes, a PH suite is a full suite on Princess. Mini suites are AA-AB-AC, etc.

Does that also include free dry cleaning?

Princess no longer offers "dry cleaning." They list the option of "cleaning" which is supposed to work with clothes that usually require dry cleaning.

The "cleaning" option is included for full suite passengers at no charge.

Princess no longer offers "dry cleaning." They list the option of "cleaning" which is supposed to work with clothes that usually require dry cleaning.

The "cleaning" option is included for full suite passengers at no charge.

Not sure what process they used, but they did a wonderful job cleaning my coat. Also, the rest of the laundry was done well too with no shrinkage.

Not sure what process they used, but they did a wonderful job cleaning my coat. Also, the rest of the laundry was done well too with no shrinkage.

What amazes me is that you give them a bunch of loose socks and when you get them back laundered, they have them tied correctly into pairs.

I know the Suite has unlimited internet cafe but if you want wireless is it the same cost as the bundle prices listed on the princess site? Got 2 little ones staying behind with grandparents and want to make sure we have access to computer in our room.

Thanks!

I know the Suite has unlimited internet cafe but if you want wireless is it the same cost as the bundle prices listed on the princess site? Got 2 little ones staying behind with grandparents and want to make sure we have access to computer in our room.

Thanks!

If you are booked in a full suite (minis not included), you will have unlimited internet access in your stateroom for your personal computer. Just keep in mind that some staterooms seem to have better access on some ships then others. We had a PH on the Emerald midship and it was very spotty whether we could connect or not. We finally found if we took the laptop nearer to the main door, we could connect.

If you are not in a full suite, the package you purchase will also work for WiFi in your stateroom. The prices are the same for using the internet cafe and WiFi now, and full suites do get unlimited no matter how you access it.

What amazes me is that you give them a bunch of loose socks and when you get them back laundered, they have them tied correctly into pairs.

Caribill,

One time in early summer I found one of the T-shirt tags/labels that they use, months after our previous cruise. My wife and I laughed about it, and then thought wouldn't it be nice that if laundry at home just disappeared in a bag and returned on hangers.

We have noticed a small amount of shrinkage with the clothing.... but it might just be what we ate on the cruise.;)

Andrew

What's the difference between the different categories of full suites? I see that the GS, the highest category, has multiple additions over the others, but, the 4 lower categories all seem similar.

What's the difference between the different categories of full suites? I see that the GS, the highest category, has multiple additions over the others, but, the 4 lower categories all seem similar.

The GS is much larger, with more things offered as far as stateroom design. The others vary slightly in size, but are pretty much the same but in different locations on the ship. The OS suite usually has a dining table and chairs where as the other lower suites do not.

I just read that suites included only Internet access in the cafe and not wireless in the room. Has anyone experienced this?

Also you get one minibar setup. Can I have them replace the different types of liqour with one type such as vodka. Does it include unlimited sodas in the room?

I just read that suites included only Internet access in the cafe and not wireless in the room. Has anyone experienced this?

Also you get one minibar setup. Can I have them replace the different types of liqour with one type such as vodka. Does it include unlimited sodas in the room?

The unlimited internet is both WiFi and from the internet cafe, you can use your own laptop/netbook from your cabin and it is still unlimited.

If you are Elite, you receive two full mini bar set ups, if not, you get one. Yes, you can exchange one for one if you would like. There are not unlimited sodas provided, just what is in the mini bar, which is two cokes or diet cokes, and two tonic, two still water and two sparkling water. These can all be exchanged for sodas if you wish, as said, on a one to one basis.

If you are booked in a full suite (minis not included), you will have unlimited internet access in your stateroom for your personal computer. Just keep in mind that some staterooms seem to have better access on some ships then others.

You can also use your personal computer elsewhere on the ship if you cannot get reception in the full suite. When you sign in, whether it be on your own computer or a ship's computer, it will know you are occupying a suite.

You can also use your personal computer elsewhere on the ship if you cannot get reception in the full suite. When you sign in, whether it be on your own computer or a ship's computer, it will know you are occupying a suite.

Yes, we had to do just that on the last cruise on the Royal. There was normally no access from our aft suite on deck 6 so we took the netbook to Sabatinis in the AM or the Panoramic buffet in the evening where there was better access.

That would have been nice - my socks were loose, but stacked neatly together.

Here is the letter we got from Princess explaining what we will get in our suite on an upcoming cruise.....

I wanted to send a short note to say thank you for making Princess Cruises your choice for a fabulous vacation.

Here is the list of the Suite Amenities:

Suites - Services

• Expedited embarkation process
  • Preferred Anytime Dining reservations
  • Personal Shore Excursion reservations (Service provided onboard. Passengers will receive a letter in their stateroom)
  • Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service
  • Complimentary shoe polishing service
  • Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings
  • 6 dipped fruits or 3 dark and 3 light chocolates on a doily presented on a silver tray
  • Exclusive Elite Lounge (a reserved lounge area on disembarkation day for passengers to relax comfortably with complimentary coffee or juice, pastries and a local news paper-if available)

Suites - Amenities

• Breakfast in Sabatini's w/complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa" each morning - All ships except SP, DP, CP (offered in-suite)
  • Complimentary glass of champagne at embarkation
  • Top of the range luxury mattresses
  • Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens
  • Fluffy European Duvets
  • Pillow menu
  • Massage shower heads
  • Luxury bathrobes
  • Luxury towels
  • Combined DVD and CD player
  • Complimentary DVD library
  • Enhanced bathroom amenities
  • Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror
  • Princess Cruises tote bag
  • Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (available on the following ships: Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, Sapphire and Star Princess).
  • Complimentary slippers
  • Fresh flower arrangement
  • Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night
  • Complimentary mini-bar - A one-time only mini-bar will be placed into each suite prior to embarkation. However, should the passenger require any additional supplies this will be at the discretion of the Passenger Services Director. The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):
  • Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.
  • Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin - Beefeater
  • Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka - Skyy
  • Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club
  • Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on DP/SP)
  • Two (2) Cans Tonic Water
  • Two (2) Cans Coke
  • Two (2) Cans Sprite
  • 2 Small Waters
  • 2 Perriers

Suites - Dining Services

• Welcome glass of champagne
  • Extended room service menu (full breakfast, lunch, dinner offering) - Suite passengers only
  • In-suite afternoon tea service - Suite passengers only
  • Passenger's choice of deluxe canapes, delivered daily

Suites - Onboard Activities

• Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)
  • Private portrait sitting

Auto Confirm Meal Seating

• Passengers booked in Suites will be automatically confirmed on their preferred dining seating.

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

• Ship Notice
    We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away.

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite. We also invite you to make an appointment at our Lotus Spa and choose from an endless array of exquisite treatments to promote pampering and rejuvenation.

All Lotus Spa treatments will be charged to your stateroom account.

Suites - Princess Captain's Circle Credits

• Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) will receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.
  • Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) and pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive three cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.

Archived