Balcony Room with kids across the Hall? possible?

We are looking to take a cruise next summer. Our children will be 14 & 12. Could we get a balcony room for us and an interior room across the hall for my children? The website won't let me price check that way.

Have you done this before and how did it work?

Thanks helping out the newbie!

CSBM

We did it with Princess several years ago in the Caribbean. There has to be someone in the room over 21, so we had to book DW in the inside cabin with one of our girls, and me in the other with one of them. But once we boarded, we just switched rooms.

It worked very well, except I was always worried they might sneak out and stay up late, so every two hours I would wake up and look out the peep hole at their room door!:o

Yes, you can do that...but you should have the deck plans in front of you and CALL on the phone. They may make you put 1 adult in each room, but it's no big deal to change folks around once you board....it's done all the time.

I think that CSBM is interested in Royal Caribbean information.

RC will let you book them IF the cabin is DIRECTLY across the hall from the balcony cabin.

Call and speak to someone directly. Forget booking online. I always find the CVP's very helpful, but then I use the same one every time. :)

We did this on our first cruise. It worked out fine. Watch for price decreases, it was more convenient to have the kids next door to us in a balcony, then we just walked back and forth between the balconies.

RCI will let you book the kids across the hall, it's not a problem. I have to say, even though I have good kids, now that my son is 17, I know I would never know if he snuck out at night...the younger son is a sound sleeper! I like them next to me.

I also liked to check on the room and to make sure noone came into clean while the kids were sleeping. It was a little more difficult walking back and forth across the hall. It was easier when they were next to us.

We are doing this in one week on FOS. We did not need an adult booked in each cabin. The kids are directly across the hall from us. It was cheaper to put them in their own inside cabin than to put them in our balcony cabin. Makes no sense but it will be great to not have to share my bathroom with two teenage girls. We have never done this before so we will see how it goes.

MLAW

Let me know how this goes, as we are in the boat:p

My daughters will both be teens, and my poor husband would like to change and get ready in private:D

When I was checking for our july 2012 cruise, I too found that it was only $200 more to have them in an interior room than in our balcony room.

That sounded crazy to me!!!

... it was more convenient to have the kids next door to us in a balcony, then we just walked back and forth between the balconies.

Just a note, there are some RC ships on which the balcony dividers do not open to allow this. And even on ships that it is possible structurally, permission to do so is at the discretion of the captain.

Speaking from experience, if the rooms are directly across the hall or right next door, there is no requirement for an adult to be booked in each room (that saves the room card switcheroo).

And here's a hint gentlemen, if sharing a room with ladies, from what I understand, just go to the fitness center lockeroom -- lots of roomy showers!

No problem if they are booked directly across the hall. My daughter and I just got back from the Freedom. We were booked in an aft JS and booked the 2 granddaughters in the interior across the hall. They were 3 and 5. It was cheaper to have 2 cabins than to have 4 in the JS. My daughter and I wanted the double credit for the JS. I slept in the interior and my daughter and 2 granddaughters slept in the JS. No problems or questions.

Archived