Alaska Air to Vancouver

Suzque49

Can anyone who has flown from LAX to Vancouver tell me how packed the plane ususally is? In '07 we flew from LAX with a stop in Seattle, the plane was full to Seattle, but not so much on the leg to Vancouver.

Just wondering if the flight is more or less likely to be at capacity.

Can anyone who has flown from LAX to Vancouver tell me how packed the plane ususally is? In '07 we flew from LAX with a stop in Seattle, the plane was full to Seattle, but not so much on the leg to Vancouver.

Just wondering if the flight is more or less likely to be at capacity.

It really depends. I've been on full flights, I've been on empty flights. Are you talking about the LAX-YVR non-stop, or LAX-SEA-YVR ? Also always worth considering the Canadian carriers (WS/Westjet and AC/Air Canada) as well, as they don't charge for luggage. But as a rule, I'm an Alaska fan.

WestJet flys nonstop from LAX and SNA to YVR...the latter route being virtually unknown as they have done zero advertising. But fly Alaska, since I own their stock and it's done quite well ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Love Alaska Air (LAX-YVR and round trip).. We always ask at checkin (and our reason to get there early just in case) if they have any first class upgrades available have done this a few times as they are one of the few carriers that will do this for approx $100-150 pp on day of departure..Well worth it to us and might be to you too...;)

I was planning on checking in online the day before. Planning on getting there by about 630 or 7 in the am too. I think it would be great to fly first class, will ask if they have any available at check in. Do you do that when you check your bags, or when you are ready to board the flight? We are VERY INEXPERIENCED flyer's so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I was planning on checking in online the day before. Planning on getting there by about 630 or 7 in the am too. I think it would be great to fly first class, will ask if they have any available at check in. Do you do that when you check your bags, or when you are ready to board the flight? We are VERY INEXPERIENCED flyer's so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if you will find this easy to do, as Alaska offers elite members of their FF club complimentary upgrades, which in my experience, usually fills first class, but you could get lucky. Details on upgrading from Alaska's webpage below:

Paid Upgrades

Upgrade to First Class on Alaska Airlines for as little as $50.00 (USD).

Paid Upgrades may be available within 24 hours of flight departure through Web Check-In and at the Check-In Kiosk or airport ticket counter for Full Flex and Value purchased fares.

Paid Upgrades may also be available at the departure gate on the day of departure for all paid fares (credit card only).

One-Way by Destination Price - All Flights between California and Guadalajara $50. All flights between California and Hawaii $150 One-Way. By Trip Miles For Destinations Not Noted Above Price 0 - 1,250 miles $50 1,251 - 2,500 miles, $100, 2,501 - 3,750 miles, $150 and 3,751 miles and above $200.

I don't know if you will find this easy to do, as Alaska offers elite members of their FF club complimentary upgrades, which in my experience, usually fills first class, but you could get lucky. Details on upgrading from Alaska's webpage below:

Paid Upgrades

Upgrade to First Class on Alaska Airlines for as little as $50.00 (USD).

Paid Upgrades may be available within 24 hours of flight departure through Web Check-In and at the Check-In Kiosk or airport ticket counter for Full Flex and Value purchased fares.

Paid Upgrades may also be available at the departure gate on the day of departure for all paid fares (credit card only).

One-Way by Destination Price - All Flights between California and Guadalajara $50. All flights between California and Hawaii $150 One-Way. By Trip Miles For Destinations Not Noted Above Price 0 - 1,250 miles $50 1,251 - 2,500 miles, $100, 2,501 - 3,750 miles, $150 and 3,751 miles and above $200.

Emphasis above. Even if there are upgrade spaces, they're only available for $ at the airport if you bought the cheapest fare class. Only Full Flex and Value are available to upgrade online

I too checkin online..however even though I have my boarding pass already I still check with the customer service desk and wouldn't wait until getting to the boarding gate..This has worked for us several times and we are not elite with Alaska Air..If it's available and your standing there at the checkin gate with a credit card you might get lucky..:D

Archived