What happens if the price comes down after you pay your deposit??

You can get any price drops up until final payment date. You have to call RCL or your TA to have it applied.

does this apply to UK too?

I HAVE googled this but keep seeing conflicting info, one half saying you can ask for a better cabin, some saying that you get the amount in on board credit, and some saying you can get the price lowered,

then some of them say US only!

so confusing!!

If you have paid your deposit but not the full balance and the price comes down, is it lowered to match? or it just tough luck?

You can get any price drops up until final payment date. You have to call RCL or your TA to have it applied.

Yes, and final payment date is 75 days before you sail, since you are on a 7 night cruise. That would be August 2, I believe. So any time before then that the price on your category of cabin decreases, you/your TA can call RC and get the price of your cabin reduced to that level.

does this apply to UK too?

I HAVE googled this but keep seeing conflicting info, one half saying you can ask for a better cabin, some saying that you get the amount in on board credit, and some saying you can get the price lowered,

then some of them say US only!

so confusing!!

Ah, you live in the U.K. I believe that you can get price reductions right up to sailing date.

If there's a price drop after final payment, do you get on-board credit for the difference?

As of May 2010 OBC is no longer given after final payment is made. You could be given a higher class cabin if the price of that said cabin is the same or lower than what you originally paid for the class you booked.

I'm on an Oasis Cruise in August. I have paid in full. Is there any point in me monitoring the price so that if it lowers, I might be able to upgrade (have a D1 cabin)? And if so, what is the best way to find out if price has lowered? Calling RCI or just search out your cruise on their website?

Thanks and I can't wait! And what is standard date by which the full payment is due? 60 days before?

Debbie

I'm on an Oasis Cruise in August. I have paid in full. Is there any point in me monitoring the price so that if it lowers, I might be able to upgrade (have a D1 cabin)? And if so, what is the best way to find out if price has lowered? Calling RCI or just search out your cruise on their website?

Thanks and I can't wait! And what is standard date by which the full payment is due? 60 days before?

Debbie

I usually go to the Royal Caribbean website and do a "dummy" booking to see if the price has gone down. If it has you can call Royal if you booked through them or if you used a travel agent use the agent to get the upgrade. If you used a travel agent just have the agent check for a price drop.

As far as final payment it may vary depending on the number of nights. Cruises of 5 nights or less final payment is due 60 days prior to sailing, 6 nights or longer final payment is due 75 days prior to sailing, and for holiday cruises final payment is due 90 days prior. Group bookings will have a different payment schedule.

Debbie

You are long past final payment date.

As Eng34 said, it's 75 days, on your 7 night cruise.

Keep looking if you like, but JS cabins have such an inflated price that it is unlikely that it will drop below the price that you paid for your D1 cabin.

Which week are you sailing?

If you have paid your deposit but not the full balance and the price comes down, is it lowered to match? or it just tough luck?

It depends on the rules of your TA.

Some UK TAs will give you a price drop..some won't.

If you see your category of cabin price is lower than you paid it is up to you to contact your TA and request the price drop.

Many lower prices are for "New Bookings Only".

If your TA agrees to the price drop and you have paid in full you will get refund onto the credit card you used to pay for the cruise.

If your TA agrees to the price drop and you haven't paid in full then the price will be lowered and new invoice issued.

Yes the rules are different in the UK and some think unfair but what people have to remember is here we cannot cancel & rebook without losing deposit if a price is lowered and is for New Bookings Only.

It depends on the rules of your TA.

Some UK TAs will give you a price drop..some won't.

If you see your category of cabin price is lower than you paid it is up to you to contact your TA and request the price drop.

Many lower prices are for "New Bookings Only".

If your TA agrees to the price drop and you have paid in full you will get refund onto the credit card you used to pay for the cruise.

If your TA agrees to the price drop and you haven't paid in full then the price will be lowered and new invoice issued.

Yes the rules are different in the UK and some think unfair but what people have to remember is here we cannot cancel & rebook without losing deposit if a price is lowered and is for New Bookings Only.

i booked mysef through the website :)

If there's a price drop after final payment, do you get on-board credit for the difference?

Yes, if you have paid in full and its before the final payment required date. I ended up with $330 additional OBC on my Allure cruise.

i booked mysef through the website :)

That's why I always book direct with RCI. My first cruise I booked through a TA and it dropped by loads and they wouldn't honour it.

I now always book when I'm on a ship to get obc if I can. Otherwise I check by phone with RCI for obc or book on the website to get the 5% discount if they aren't offering obc.

We've been quite lucky so far with price drops. You need to keep checking daily as they can change suddenly.

Good luck.

We were very lucky that when we added air to our Sept 2012 Allure sailing when prices for air were released (flight prices were not available at the time of booking the sailing in Aug 2010), RCI automatically gave us a £100 per person price drop! One of the reasons we book direct with RCI UK.

That's why I always book direct with RCI. My first cruise I booked through a TA and it dropped by loads and they wouldn't honour it.

I now always book when I'm on a ship to get obc if I can. Otherwise I check by phone with RCI for obc or book on the website to get the 5% discount if they aren't offering obc.

We've been quite lucky so far with price drops. You need to keep checking daily as they can change suddenly.

Good luck.

If you book on board for the obc you can still get an obc from a travel agency if you transfer to an agency.

Its so sad really, in the UK all things that cost money, we will pay the top price and smile as against the whole of the developed world, all suppliers/government/taxes/rates/houses/food/petrol=gas you name it we pay top $, thats why I now try to buy on the internet from anyone in the world that's going to give me the best price..... moan over :eek:

I booked with UK TA and they would not give a reduction when it went down a few weeks later, their minuim deposit was £500 non refundable nor would RC reduce the Price, apparently I read on here you can book through a US TA for RC and others but when I checked my cruise that way it was still more expensive................

Archived