help with changing dinner reservation

canadianbear

We are booked already for Pinnacle. However, now 2 other people are coming on the cruise and I'm trying to change our reservation on line to add them for the night we are booked to be at our table. I have their booking number and that's not a problem but I can't actually find where I can change this on line. Do I have to phone HAL to do this? I can book them as gifts but I need to be able to book them with us at our table? Our trip isn't until September.

Thanks.

On HAL's site -- log in.

Then go to "Before You Go"--- after that go to and click onto "My Account" -- after that go to and click onto "My Reservations". When your reservation pops up -- click onto "View My Itinerary".

Your itinerary will pop up -- then go to the date where you had booked the Pinnacle -- here you can cancel that reservation -- money will go back onto your credit card.

Then you can start all over and make new reservations.

Thanks Krazy Kruizers for answering! I was afraid if I cancelled the reservation there might not be room...call me paranoid. I phoned HAL and they said to just make another reservation under my name, same time etc. instead of trying to do it under the other booking number. So, I did that and now it shows 5 guests instead of 3. HAL said when I get on board to confirm my reservation for 5 at our table which I will do. I can ask them to send an invitation to the other room as well which is what I wanted. I guess I just thought I could "edit" the reservation....oh well, it's done!

Glad you got it straightened out.

HAL doesn't have a way for you to "edit" reservations. Just cancel and rebook.

It's probably a computer issue. For our Alaska cruise, I cancelled one tour and then booked a different one in the same online session. The refund for the cancellation showed up at the same time as the new charge, so HAL doesn't use the cancel-and-rebook process to hang onto your money.

Another problem with Canadians cancelling and rebooking is that the USD translation never comes through for the exact amount that it was booked. I always seem to get less back:eek:. I remember one time that it was several dollars different because the $ had fluctuated a lot. It's not a huge deal but I don't enjoy paying something for nothing.

Another problem with Canadians cancelling and rebooking is that the USD translation never comes through for the exact amount that it was booked. I always seem to get less back:eek:. I remember one time that it was several dollars different because the $ had fluctuated a lot. It's not a huge deal but I don't enjoy paying something for nothing.

That's very true Lorekauf. There are two different exchange rates one for buying (higher) and one for selling (lower). The 'sell' rate is used when the credit card is credited, so yes, it can make a huge difference for Canadians. even if the exchange rate holds steady there is usually around a 5% difference between the two so it can add up:eek:

Archived