Current Captains Con't

Capt Claus Andersen was very friendly and available to passengers on the Navigator last week. First formal night he posed for pictures with passengers on the promenade and I believe he also took part in a charity walk for Make a Wish Foundation later in the week.

Here he is with my DW on Formal night:

DSC00187.JPG

The cowboy hat was a nice touch, with the Navigator coming out of Galveston and all.

Capt Claus Andersen was very friendly and available to passengers on the Navigator last week. First formal night he posed for pictures with passengers on the promenade and I believe he also took part in a charity walk for Make a Wish Foundation later in the week.

DSC00187.JPG

The cowboy hat was a nice touch, with the Navigator coming out of Galveston and all.

He is friendly. You didn't mention the cowboy boots he wore with that hat and his formal attire. I loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC00187.JPG

I love this photo! Thanks for sharing.

DSC00187.JPG

This is a hoot! I love the cowboy hat, wish we could see the boots. :D Captain Claus is one of our favorites -- he is always visible and approachable. :)

Love Capt Johnny on Allure, sorry we aren't gonna see him Dec 7th (based on rotation schedule) does anyone know about the other Allure Capt? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I don't have a recent cruise with Capt Tore in August 2013 I was on Allure for his first ever cruise in charge of Allure. I never saw him around the ship or chatting to people. He didn't honestly seem very happy when he was making announcements or doing the obligatory interactions with guests. I saw him at the return C&A guest party in the AquaTheater and whilst he did what he should, he really didn't seem happy.

However, I am sure there was a lot of pressure on him that week and this isn't a true reflection of how he is normally. I have seen reviews since and he seems to get on very well with passengers.

I am sure you will have a great cruise regardless!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I don't have a recent cruise with Capt Tore in August 2013 I was on Allure for his first ever cruise in charge of Allure. I never saw him around the ship or chatting to people. He didn't honestly seem very happy when he was making announcements or doing the obligatory interactions with guests. I saw him at the return C&A guest party in the AquaTheater and whilst he did what he should, he really didn't seem happy.

However, I am sure there was a lot of pressure on him that week and this isn't a true reflection of how he is normally. I have seen reviews since and he seems to get on very well with passengers.

I am sure you will have a great cruise regardless!

Going from Freedom to Allure is more responsibility because of more passengers and crew

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Going from Freedom to Allure is more responsibility because of more passengers and crew

Yes, I completely understand that, which is why I said '...However, I am sure there was a lot of pressure on him that week and this isn't a true reflection of how he is normally...'

That occasion was my 3rd on Allure, the previous 2 times being with Captain Tommy Nyseter, who was an outstanding Captain - incredibly personable, approachable and gave fantastic updates regarding our cruise.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Yes, I completely understand that, which is why I said '...However, I am sure there was a lot of pressure on him that week and this isn't a true reflection of how he is normally...'

That occasion was my 3rd on Allure, the previous 2 times being with Captain Tommy Nyseter, who was an outstanding Captain - incredibly personable, approachable and gave fantastic updates regarding our cruise.

I sailed with him and spoke to him a few times he was very friendly and plesent, he didn't Seem stressed at all

This is a hoot! I love the cowboy hat, wish we could see the boots. :D Captain Claus is one of our favorites -- he is always visible and approachable. :)

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I believe you were on the Radiance same time as us 3 years ago when he was the Captain, Honolulu to Sydney.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I believe you were on the Radiance same time as us 3 years ago when he was the Captain, Honolulu to Sydney.

Yes, we were. What a memorable voyage that was. Captain Claus even served french fries in the WJ when noro hit the ship. Not many captains would do that.:)

Thank you and I will need to know the start date too!

Of course! I/DW will try to see what we can find for you :)

It does seem like there's less updates from the smaller ships, particularly Majesty - I think the thread on CDs also wasn't sure when Majesty's CD is due to rotate off and/or who the next one to get her is.