Current Captains Con't

Sounds like Captain Rick will be our captain on our 12-4-2014 EX cruise from Port C. What is he like? We have never sailed with him although we have sailed with Captain James 3 or 4 times.

He is the best! Great personality and very visible. Very simple without any airs. He is also very funny. He sings at the Crown and Anchor top tier event and is quite good at it! We really like him.

We also liked Captn Olaf, but he retired last August.

Edited by Arzeena

I see you already have marked that Captain Ban will be on Quantum. Cruise Critic is at the yard and just confirmed that he will now be the one taking her out.

That's funny. One of the 3 Quantum captains on Saturday just said Capt. Patrik is bringing her across.

Gina

I see you already have marked that Captain Ban will be on Quantum. Cruise Critic is at the yard and just confirmed that he will now be the one taking her out.

Did they actually say Capt Ban was taking her out ? All I saw was a photo and comment about Captains Table...but perhaps I missed the actual confirmation. :confused:

That is what I was told too Gina...Captain Patrik will be at the helm for the 11/2 Maiden Voyage.

And I believe this is the correct info.

I don't remember the exact date the captains will switch. Karen may remember. There was enough info that she took some notes. She is in transit at the moment. But Capt Srecko will be in command on Dec 1, that I do remember.

I didn't hear anything said about it at today's "reveal" that to me wasn't especially revealing. :) If Richard Fein later told someone who he thinks will be the captain, I believe he is wrong. He didn't seem to be able to answer a question with the exact dates either when asked when Quantum sailings were to start.

Gina

Yes, usually 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off, but they can vary it a bit.

Good......I have heard so much hype about Captain Johnny that I was hoping he would be on our October 19th sailing on the Allure......I think it might be his last or second last week of his rotation.

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Grønhaug (started rotation 8-17-14)

Adventure OTS - Capt Henrik Loft Sørensen

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 8-17-14)

Allure OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad

Anthem OTS - Capt Claus Anderson (started rotation 3-21-15)

Anthem OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Brilliance OTS - Capt Stig Nilsen (started rotation 6-21-14)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson (started rotation 6-16-14)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Shawn McDuff

Explorer OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 8-24-14)

Explorer OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan

Freedom OTS - Capt Tor Olsen (started rotation 6-22-14)

Freedom OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Grandeur OTS - Capt Trond Holm (started rotation 8-22-14)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been

Independence OTS - Capt Göran Peterson (started rotation 7-26-14)

Independence OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy

Jewel OTS - Capt Dustin Castelsky (started rotation 8-23-14)

Jewel OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen

Legend OTS - Capt Arild Hansen (started rotation 7-21-14)

Legend OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 7-19-14)

Liberty OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic

Majesty OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson (started rotation 8-22-14)

Majesty OTS - Capt Aris Medina

Mariner OTS - Capt Yngvar Knutsen (started rotation 8-24-14)

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen (started rotation 6-29-14)

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus Andersen

Oasis OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen (started rotation 6-21-14)

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag

Quantum OTS - Capt Patrick Dahlgren (started rotation 9-21-14)

Quantum OTS - Capt Gus Andersson/Srecko Ban

Radiance OTS - Capt tbd (started rotation 8-23-14)

Radiance OTS - Capt Göran Peterson

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Gustavo Feduzzi (started rotation 6-27-14)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead

Serenade OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen (started rotation 6-28-14)

Serenade OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob (started rotation 6-28-14)

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos

Vision OTS - Capt Marek Slaby (started rotation 8-23-14)

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen

Voyager OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan (started rotation 8-22-14)

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige

From the most recent post from CC's Editor Colleen posted early this morning http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43886533&postcount=42

"We had lunch yesterday with, among others, Capt. Felix Ban, who will be the captain of Quantum. This is news, as previously, Capt. Patrick Dahlgren had been named captain. Capt. Ban has been in Papenburg with the ship since June, and he'll stay there all the way through".

From the most recent post from CC's Editor Colleen posted early this morning http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43886533&postcount=42

"We had lunch yesterday with, among others, Capt. Felix Ban, who will be the captain of Quantum. This is news, as previously, Capt. Patrick Dahlgren had been named captain. Capt. Ban has been in Papenburg with the ship since June, and he'll stay there all the way through".

That is a major change, I wonder why the shift, at this fairly late date?

I'm more inclined to believe what I hear directly from one of the captains rather than a media article. I realize what I say is only hearsay to others, but we'll see. Capt Srecko won't be "at the mike" as was used to describe the Master of the ship during the crossing although he will certainly be there for the sea trials and beyond. He will be Master on Dec 1 and another captain will be on board in plain clothes just as there will be at the beginning of the crossing.

Gina

I'm more inclined to believe what I hear directly from one of the captains rather than a media article. I realize what I say is only hearsay to others, but we'll see. Capt Srecko won't be "at the mike" as was used to describe the Master of the ship during the crossing although he will certainly be there for the sea trials and beyond. He will be Master on Dec 1 and another captain will be on board in plain clothes just as there will be at the beginning of the crossing.

Gina

I got the same info as you Gina :D

It is not unusual for more than one Captain to be on the first sailings. On Allure we had both AL Captains on board Capt Zini & Capt Johnny even though Capt Johnny would not be taking over until later.

There are always two or even three Captains at the yard including sea trials and on board during the first voyages but only one is the Captain and the other one is part of the nautical team that will not be visible to guests. It is even not sure that the other Captain takes over this ship later, maybe he stays at the yard and goes with the second (or third). Captain Johnny was at the Yard for all five Voyager class ships but first in command only on the last one, the Mariner.

Gina

Who said anything about a media article. :confused: The link of the post that I supplied was from the thread that Editor Colleen started on the Quantum Forum before her trip to Germany. She posted it early this morning, so it's pretty current. To me it's supplying the same type of info that you are posting above. It's no different than somebody doing a "Live On Board ???" thread.

Can't get anymore up close and personal to a Captain than having lunch with him.

Edited by cruisenfever

Who said anything about a media article. :confused: The link of the post that I supplied was from the thread that Editor Colleen started on the Quantum Forum before her trip to Germany. To me it's supplying the same type of info that you are posting above. It's no different than somebody doing a "Live On Board ???" thread.

Can't get anymore up close and personal to a Captain than having lunch with him.

I consider a cc article to be media - that simple. I also had lunch with a Q captain this weekend. ;) I'll leave it at that.

The response that I got from Cruise Critic claimed the answer came from Royal Caribbean PR team. Perhaps Captain Dahlgren in his higher role within the company is only there to over see things and not the actual captain or perhaps Captain Dahlgren is the public one. When Oasis launched Captain Wright was in a similar role within the company and took Oasis out as the public face along with another captain. He was onboard until January 16th though after taking delivery in late October or early November.

15052715735_64cea0b8c4_o.png