Does your dog do stuff like this?

My mini Schnauzer comes to me today and announces that he's going on vacation next June, and he's already booked two weeks at a local kennel that he loves. OK.....so, I ask, "what happens to me and DW while you're on vacation?" He says "I'm sorry, but, I'm going to have to put you on a two week HAL cruise to Alaska while I'm on vacation".

Question: Should I get another dog? Or is this one a keeper?

Smart schnauzer. But then, aren't most terriors?

And generous, too. I'll bet his kennel camp isn't as much as the trip he's booking you into...... How does he afford it?

I don't ask. I think he has connections. Best not to be too curious. ;)

Our Buddy is planning on going back to the foster home he was in before we got him when we take our cruise in August. However I think he will be disappointed with his choice as he has trained us so well to take him on many many walks and feed him lots of treats. I just hope he doesn't decide he needs to cancel our cruise we are taking after that in October due his disappointment.

My mini Schnauzer comes to me today and announces that he's going on vacation next June, and he's already booked two weeks at a local kennel that he loves. OK.....so, I ask, "what happens to me and DW while you're on vacation?" He says "I'm sorry, but, I'm going to have to put you on a two week HAL cruise to Alaska while I'm on vacation".

This dog is definitely a keeper! My dog does the same thing. She can't wait to get to the kennel! Absolutely LOVES it there (thank goodness)!!! When I tell her her vacation is up, she's just fine with it - loves going home again. We are both lucky to have dogs who love their vacations too!

Now if we could just get them to go out and get jobs so they could pay for their vacations as well as ours!

He's a keeper! Can he call my two Norwich Terriers and put a "bee in their bonnets"? LOL!

Send him to my house and see if he can train my 4mo. old mini schnauzer, Kira, to do the same thing. We put off one cruise because she is too young to leave, hopefully we'll take one next year.

BTW, he's a keeper and have a drink for me.;)

I am reading this thread with seven Havanese at my feet. Two are mine, and the rest are "visitors" staying with us while their parents are away.

My dogs don't send us on HAL cruises, but all our precious little "boarders" help with the expenses when we're ready to sail... :D

Your dog is definitely a 'keeper'.

Love this thread. My three know we are going and have kindly offered to go to the kennel where they love it. they are walked and 'treated' and have a great time together.

Unfortunately, they are not as well trained as yours. They don't pre-book their kennels or book my cruises either. I can see I have my work still cut out for me:D

Archived