Cancel/Change cruise date

We are scheduled to go on the Allure in December. Due to unforseen circumstances, we will not be able to go. We do however believe a later date would work out better for us. Will be be able to change dates without any penalties? The TA we have did not make any suggestions, not helpful at all, he just told me how much money I would lose if we canceled. We did purchase insurance.

SUGGESTIONS?!!!

Thanks

We are scheduled to go on the Allure in December. Due to unforseen circumstances, we will not be able to go. We do however believe a later date would work out better for us. Will be be able to change dates without any penalties? The TA we have did not make any suggestions, not helpful at all, he just told me how much money I would lose if we canceled. We did purchase insurance.

SUGGESTIONS?!!!

Thanks

Canceling or changing now, for a December cruise, will not incur any penalties from Royal Caribbean, your TA, however, may have different policies

The first thing you need to do is find a new TA!:D

You should not be within the penalty phase from RCCL, you may have a penalty depending on the TA's policy. How much is the TA telling you that it will cost? I would get out the paperwork you have and see in writing what you are on the hook for and then re-book with another TA or with the cruise line directly.

I agree, get a new TA!! A cruise in Dec would not have incured any penalties if you had booked on your own or with a good TA. No suggestions even, a good TA would have lead ya down some kind of path. How much is the TA gonna charge ya? Always read the fine print. I have seen some charge for changing cabins within the same category. :mad: Bummer your getting stung.

BonVoyage

Dawna

He will charge us $75pp to change/cancel, and if we cancel we will lose the cost we paid for the insurance $200(ok), but can that be transferred with a new booking? And we did NEXT CRUISE deposit on our last cruise in October, which would also not be refundable. This was my first time using TA(my last).

I actually had a wonderful TA, but he lived in another state. Not a problem for me because he was up on all the technology, and he answered me back right away. The reason I went with this one was on the advise of friend we were to be cruising with. Don't get me wrong, he's very nice, but does not have email, can only call him to contact...anyway YADA, YADA, YADA

Thanks for your help.

We changed cruises (next cruise deposit), but kept the booking number so as not to lose it. A TA was never used, since we book directly with the carrier. My vote ---change the TA. He/she does not seem very helpful.

We just changed our cruise from December 2011 to June 2012, with no charges or loss of deposit or on board credit. We had booked the December cruise while on board just recently, so not sure if that makes a difference. I rang Royal Caribbean direct and it was switched over in a matter of minutes.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you :)

I booked through a UK top TA but from all accounts if I cancelled I would lose £500 deposit, I will defiantly book direct with RC and probably on board next time, to get reductions if price goes down and deposit back if I change my mind,,,,

I booked through a UK top TA but from all accounts if I cancelled I would lose £500 deposit, I will defiantly book direct with RC and probably on board next time, to get reductions if price goes down and deposit back if I change my mind,,,,

Even if you book direct with RC in the UK and you change your mind(cancel) you will lose your deposit.

If you transfer to another date or ship you will be charged £75 per person.

If you are from the UK you can only book with RCI UK directly / onboard and you will be bound to the UK rules like lose your deposit. However in the UK AFAIK you can get price drops up until sail date (if it´s not a quote for new bookings only) but there´s just one change like price drop for free.

You can book with RCI in the US, but not directly, you have to use a US TA, but also be aware of all different rules and conditions, like giving up a lot of your consumer protection available in the UK.

There´s good and bad rules on both sides of the pond and unfortunately we can´t only pick the best ones, but have to make the decision what´s more important to us.

but does not have email, can only call him to contact...

Did someone dig up a post from the 90's???? Seriously who in this day and age doesn't have email?!!?!?! I'd switch TA's for sure - sounds like you're going to get hooked for the $$$ to print your travel docs too!!

hmmm maybe the TA specializes in HAL cruises... I guess the lack of email wouldn't be as big of a concern with their target market :p

I think I would try to get the TA to release the booking back to RCL...it would still cost you the $75pp but then at least YOU will have control over your booking & not be charged everytime you make a change. Once (if) you do that..then just transfer the booking to a later date..keep your same booking # and your insurance & any OBC you may have will go along with it...

If the TA WON'T release the booking...I think I would still transfer your booking to the later cruise date and just have to chaulk it up to lesson learned...hoping yourTA will do the right thing & release it though!

I understand about different rules/conditions US v UK booking with RC, TA US v TA UK, the difference in deposit my TA was £500 book direct with RC £300, so from a cancel point of view cheaper with RC, I just checked with my TA and they said to change to a different RC cruise would be £45 pp, also they said in the UK if the price dropped you would not get a reduction weather you was booked with a TA or direct with RC

Has anyone that has booked direct with RC actually got any reduction when their cruise price went down travelling from a UK port in the last year ?

I understand about different rules/conditions US v UK booking with RC, TA US v TA UK, the difference in deposit my TA was £500 book direct with RC £300, so from a cancel point of view cheaper with RC, I just checked with my TA and they said to change to a different RC cruise would be £45 pp, also they said in the UK if the price dropped you would not get a reduction weather you was booked with a TA or direct with RC

Has anyone that has booked direct with RC actually got any reduction when their cruise price went down travelling from a UK port in the last year ?

The deposit shouldn´t be any different when booking with a TA vs. booking direct with RCI. If the deposit is higher with TA it´s the TA taking more of your money to do whatever with:eek:.

Your loss when cancelling would be the cruiseline required deposit not something "required" by the TA, unless the TA pockets the difference.

RCI UK does honor price drops, if your TA does - I don´t know. BTW what port you are travelling from has nothing to do with it.

It seems it´s time for you to get a new TA and ask some questions to whatever TA you use in the future before making that booking.

Just a heads up, when booking onboard, the booking often does not go automatically to a direct with RCI booking, but if the cruise you are on when booking onboard was booked with a TA, they put the onboard booking with that TA if you don´t clearly advise differently.

We received a reduction with our last cruise on LOS, though have to say it was a couple of years ago! We always book direct with RCI

The deposit shouldn´t be any different when booking with a TA vs. booking direct with RCI. If the deposit is higher with TA it´s the TA taking more of your money to do whatever with:eek:.

Your loss when cancelling would be the cruiseline required deposit not something "required" by the TA, unless the TA pockets the difference.

RCI UK does honor price drops, if your TA does - I don´t know. BTW what port you are travelling from has nothing to do with it.

It seems it´s time for you to get a new TA and ask some questions to whatever TA you use in the future before making that booking.

Just a heads up, when booking onboard, the booking often does not go automatically to a direct with RCI booking, but if the cruise you are on when booking onboard was booked with a TA, they put the onboard booking with that TA if you don´t clearly advise differently.

I took my time talking to them over 15 minutes, this TA has cruised 12 times with RC as well, so would have thought they would know about the UK side of things, to-morrow I will ring RC and find out about price reductions if they would be applied if booking direct with them...

Just want to make sure next time I book I get the best deal all round

I will be back :D

I took my time talking to them over 15 minutes, this TA has cruised 12 times with RC as well, so would have thought they would know about the UK side of things, to-morrow I will ring RC and find out about price reductions if they would be applied if booking direct with them...

Just want to make sure next time I book I get the best deal all round

I will be back :D

The questions towards the TA is not about how knowledgeable they are, or how many times they cruised (wel at least not only), but about the policies the TA has.

Your TA might know very well that RCI honours price drops, but not willing to honour them him/herself, because it will reduce their commission. Same thing about deposit, it seems to be some policy by your TA not RCI. All this is not something done by every TA. Many TA´s just charge you what RCI does.

We always book through a TA, and have changed weeks/itineraries/ships at least once a year w/o ever incurring a penalty from either RCI or the TA. In fact the cruise we're on in three weeks has been moved three times due to shifting work schedules - FOS Western to FOS Eastern; FOS Eastern to FOS Eastern (different week), and finally FOS Eastern to Monarch weekender. Not a grumble out of the TA, and each move was executed in less than an hour after we emailed the TA.:)

As the others have said, ditch the TA. Go back to your previous one. Anyway I just want to say that I always buy travel insurance when I make the final payment.....before then you don't really need it as you can get a full refund.

Archived