agapey chocolate tour

ehrlichpuppy

I just booked for January 11, 2013. The date was not listed on their website but I emailed them and they got back to me very quickly. We are confirmed for 9:30 a.m. but thinking about asking if they have any later tours and there are some other excursions we are thinking about doing.

Erniesband - we would like to do the ship's rum factory tour but i see you did that on your own. Did you need to reserve in advance or did you just walk up? Maybe we should do that and then we wouldn't have to change our tour time at Agapey. We could do the chocolate tour in the morning and then get a taxi to go some other things after.

I just booked for January 11, 2013. The date was not listed on their website but I emailed them and they got back to me very quickly. We are confirmed for 9:30 a.m. but thinking about asking if they have any later tours and there are some other excursions we are thinking about doing.

Erniesband - we would like to do the ship's rum factory tour but i see you did that on your own. Did you need to reserve in advance or did you just walk up? Maybe we should do that and then we wouldn't have to change our tour time at Agapey. We could do the chocolate tour in the morning and then get a taxi to go some other things after.

We just did a walk up, they run the tours all day from 9AM - 3:45 PM.

Here's a link about the tour - http://www.barbados.org/mountgay.htm#.UBL9yY6hClI

I would think all the taxi drivers know the place.

We just did a walk up, they run the tours all day from 9AM - 3:45 PM.

Here's a link about the tour - http://www.barbados.org/mountgay.htm#.UBL9yY6hClI

I would think all the taxi drivers know the place.

Thanks erniesband. Would you be able to tell me how far Mount Gay Rum is from the port? Looks like we could just take a taxi after the Agapey tour.

Thanks erniesband. Would you be able to tell me how far Mount Gay Rum is from the port? Looks like we could just take a taxi after the Agapey tour.

not very far, if there were sidewalks we would have walked there. Maybe 10 minutes by taxi or less.

http://www.barbados.org/maps_google.htm?mapPoint=70#.UBbnEKmhClI

widen the view and you can find the cruise terminal.

It is another Rum Factory. I emailed them and their tours are free. Here is their website: http://www.rumsixtysix.com/foursquare-rum-distillery

Thanx, I didn't think the Mount Gay tour was all that special. The most interesting rum factory for me was one on Grenada, St Antoine I think, that's been in operation since 1840's, and still using all the original equipment including a water wheel for power.

OK enough rum talk back to chocolate!

Edited by erniesband

• 11 months later...

I think this tour sounds fascinating but wondering, is it climate controlled (AC)? My DH & kids get cranky when they get hot. :mad: thanks!

:( Darn, never mind, just saw on the website that it is not)

IF it is a 9:30, is it comfortable?

Edited by BLAMBKY

Really?!:cool: There website indicated that the "main" area is not. One ore question please, how early would you make your RSVP?

My memory may be faulty. I don't remember being too warm, though. There really was only one room. It's a small place. They had just started giving tours when we booked, and we made our reservations as soon as they started taking them, 2 or 3 months before our sailing, I think. We enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Website says it is an 8 minute walk. However, I am somewhat familiar with the cruise exit so it looks to me like it would be a good bit longer. If anyone has actually walked it, what was your timing? For those that took a taxi, did the taxi fuss because you were going such a short distance?

Thanks.

We will be on the Royal Princess and will be in Barbados on 11/29, is anyone else interested in this tour? I sent an e mail to agapey and they said they needed 3 more people...

So, if you are in the port the same day and want to do the tour, that's how you go about getting in on it. :)

I hope someone else signs up! I really would like to go see how this is made, and especially TASTE some!

We will be on the Royal Princess and will be in Barbados on 11/29, is anyone else interested in this tour? I sent an e mail to agapey and they said they needed 3 more people...

So, if you are in the port the same day and want to do the tour, that's how you go about getting in on it. :)

I hope someone else signs up! I really would like to go see how this is made, and especially TASTE some!

Have you asked on a our roll call? That's probably the best way to find others.