Le Cirque

sail7seas

We did not dine Le Cirque again on our current cruise as we went in the past but it never occured to me to check the menu.

Have they started serving the new, expanded menu yet?

We did not dine Le Cirque again on our current cruise as we went in the past but it never occured to me to check the menu.

Have they started serving the new, expanded menu yet?

Sail to my understanding it was going to be a gradual ship by ship roll out. Not sure of what order and which ship was getting the Sea Bass first. I just know that by the time we sail to Hawaii on the Oosterdam the Sea Bass will be on the menu ;)

Thanks, Lisa. I don't much care about the steak. I eat it very rarely and DH has such good steak at our usual Pinnacle dinners.

We sail Nieuw Amsterdam in November and I imagine they will have started the new menu there by then. I like sea bass so probably will try it. I did like the halibut I had last time at Le Cirque but the serving was immense. Too much. IMO

Two weeks ago on the Rotterdam it was the old menu which we enjoyed just fine. Our party of three got one of each of the entrees, the halibut was the best but it was quite a serving.

Kirk

Just off the Ryndam and hd a wonderful dinner at la cirque. We began with the Foie gras, our lobster salad was served on a full size plate with a good size lobster tail, the soup was a corn chowder which was very delicious, we both had lamb chops. The table next to us got the steak for two. We had the chocolate creme brûlée for dessert. We were celebrating our 35 wedding anniversary, so the brought us a cake, too! The dinner was very nice. We got the wine pairing with it, may not do that again.

• 3 weeks later...
The Veendam was the first to get the update Le Cirque menu. DH and I at Le Cirque the 2nd time they did the new menu.

I blogged our evening and posted the menu and a few recipes.

https://foxyterrier.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/veendam-le-cirque/

Thank you for posting this!

In case my ship has the old menu, is there a link to that somewhere?

Just back from the Eurodam and was disappointed with the Le Cirque. Food was allright but service was terrible. Will not be doing this again on our next cruise.

I am VERY sad to hear this. Was this the only night you were in the Pinnacle? I am wondering if the service was consistantly bad there, or they were just not able to cope with the changes for Le Cirque.

Click here for a pdf file of the old Le Cirque Menu & Wine List

Thank you for posting this! I can't read this on the computer I'm on right now, but I will be sure to open it up tonight. :)

Just back from the Eurodam and was disappointed with the Le Cirque. Food was allright but service was terrible. Will not be doing this again on our next cruise.

There is just no excuse for that. I continue to rant about why HAL can't have a consistent experience in PG and also now Le Cirque. I am convinced that our great experience for Le Cirque and PG on the Rotterdam was directly related to the manager who was engaged and active. The service was the best we have ever experienced. We have also been where Vmcpa has been :confused:.

Kirk

At least once per cruise, there is a special dinner in the Pinnacle Grill, HAL's specialty restaurant. There is a special menu, special plates, etc., with choices from Le Cirque restaurant in New York. It is also more expensive than the regular charge for the Pinnacle, but a bargain compared to what you would pay in the original restaurant.

The link to the original announcement is here: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=LeCirque

If you look at your reservation online, there is a page for purchasing shore excursions and other "indulgences". In the dining section, there should be a section for making reservations for the Pinnacle, and for Le Cirque.

Based on Hamburg Avon Lady's list of past cruises, there's been a lot going on in R/L. She had to cancel 2 cruises this year due to her husband's surgery and it looks like she just started planning for a cruise for a year from now. Perhaps she was too distracted to do a thorough search, and decided to ask a question.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Thanks for posting the menu, I didn't realise that you have no real choice on what to pick, except for the entree. Don't really care for anything there.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
So, you haven't read the thread(s) here on CC related to "Le Cirque" :rolleyes: Did you do a "Search"? :confused:

Do you really have to be so rude? CC is a place for everyone to ask questions, whether they've been asked before or not. If it bothered you so much, you should have just ignored it.

Mconthehighseas and LoveMyBoxer --- Thank you for your support and explanations.

Yes, GeriatricNurse --- I had been reading the threads --- which could

have been interpreted several ways. Guess you must have gotten up on the wrong side of bed this morning ! (Or from the time of your posting --- hadn't gotten to bed yet !).

I agree. I am just off Eurodam (July 31) and found the Le Cirque food marginal and service was just okay. I did expect more decorations for Le Cirque- but only noticed the plates had changed and hot corn chowder delivery pots the servers used. The next evening we had a Pinnacle dinner. Food was much better and service was good. I agree with VMCPA and won't be doing Le Cirque again.

Archived