How does FCC work?

RBCL

To explain it simply.

Certificate costs $100.

You apply it to the cost of another cruise.

You THEN get $100 On Board Credit.

So, for $100, you actually get $200.

Hope that helps,

Catrin

Not if your cruise is less than 7 days

Oh, so true. I apologize for that mis-step.

We used ours on our upcoming 7 day cruise, thus why the $100 OBC is fresh in my mind.

Catrin

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

How do you purchase these FCC's...online or when you're on a cruise already?:confused: Sounds like a win win...right?

On your cruise. a couple of ships have not yet added a FCC desk and you can come home from those ships only and buy one from carnival within 7 days of getting home.

They are good for 5 years from the date of purchase. Just be careful when you book a cruise....make sure you tell them that you have one, and you want it applied to this booking. I couldn't use mine with the Welcome Home discount a couple of years ago. They told me I couldn't combine the certificate with another kind of discount. When I booked another cruise last week, I told her upfront, and she applied it with the ES booking. And yes, it's $50 obc for a 5 day cruise. What a good feeling!

They are good for 5 years from the date of purchase. Just be careful when you book a cruise....make sure you tell them that you have one, and you want it applied to this booking. I couldn't use mine with the Welcome Home discount a couple of years ago. They told me I couldn't combine the certificate with another kind of discount. When I booked another cruise last week, I told her upfront, and she applied it with the ES booking. And yes, it's $50 obc for a 5 day cruise. What a good feeling!

Actually they are now only good for 2 years and you have 3 years to take the cruise.

They were good for 5 years, then last year they changed it to 4 years, then this year to 2 years as they added them to more ships.

I ran into that too, not being able to combine with Welcome Back discount, but since that discount has been gone for about 3 years, no problem any more. They got rid of that promo and so its good with anything else except interline rates.

Actually they are now only good for 2 years and you have 3 years to take the cruise.

They were good for 5 years, then last year they changed it to 4 years, then this year to 2 years as they added them to more ships.

I ran into that too, not being able to combine with Welcome Back discount, but since that discount has been gone for about 3 years, no problem any more. They got rid of that promo and so its good with anything else except interline rates.

whats the welcome back discount?

and you can come home from those ships only and buy one from carnival within 7 days of getting home.

Umm, I tried to do this a few months ago, and was told you can no longer purchase them by phone, on the ships offering them only.

If I was told wrongly, someone give me the proper contact information, please. But, they were pretty definite that you can no longer do this.

whats the welcome back discount?

It is gone as of 3 years ago. they used to give you $50 (total per cabin) discount within so many days of your last cruise if you booked again.

then they got the FCCs, and even my PVP didnt know I could not get both when FCCs were new. $100 OBC is better on a 7 day. WBs were discontinued, and only FCCs left now.

Archived