arriving in nyc on a bus...

So exactly what are you asking? Are you asking if you can walk from the bus station to the pier? Or are you asking what you can do near the bus station with one rolling suitcase? What time does your bus arrive and what time does your ship sail?

....What bus company? If its Megabus, it drops you off in the middle of Manhattan. I've looked into Megabus - good prices, but getting dropped off behind a Post Office seems a bit shaky.

Find out exactly where your bus will be dropping you off, and you'll get better answers.

So exactly what are you asking? Are you asking if you can walk from the bus station to the pier? Or are you asking what you can do near the bus station with one rolling suitcase? What time does your bus arrive and what time does your ship sail?

The bus will arrive around 7 AM. Weather providing, we are definitely going to walk to the pier.

....What bus company? If its Megabus, it drops you off in the middle of Manhattan. I've looked into Megabus - good prices, but getting dropped off behind a Post Office seems a bit shaky.

Find out exactly where your bus will be dropping you off, and you'll get better answers.

Greyhound. :)

It is a doable walk, and you will have lots of time before the ship leaves. By the way, for the Megabus comment, there is no problem with where they drop off passengers. That area of Manhattan (in fact almost all areas of Manhatten) have really been cleaned up, and you should not hesitate to take a bus that drops you in a less central location than Port Authority.

And if you have a lot of time, there is the Discovery museum near Port Authority (I think it opens at 9AM) and there is a really good Harry Potter Exhibit and also a Pompeii exhibit there now. You could grab a quick breakfast and do that before you go to the pier. I think the museum asks you to plan on around 1.5/2 hours for each exhibit.

What time do they start accepting luggage at the pier? Arriving at 7 am it might make more sense to get rid of the luggage first and then have several hours to walk around midtown Manhattan with carryons.

Archived